Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn to Panthers
(03-13-2023, 05:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that there is a chance that the team is actually still trying to work a deal to keep Bates on the Bengals.  After all of the chatter about SF, ATL, and Cle being interested in Bates, yet no announcement of a deal in principle from any of those teams.

I think Bates camp is straight up trying to start a bidding war. I wouldnt expect him to sign any time soon. He will want all of the teams in play. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Bummer.... like most I thought he'd be a sure thing to return.

Hopefully Lou can work his magic and find a great fit.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think Bates camp is straight up trying to start a bidding war. I wouldnt expect him to sign any time soon. He will want all of the teams in play. 

He should take care not to wait too long.  That strategy can easily backfire as teams continue to burn cap and sign other safeties.  
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Ugh he was the FA I wanted back the most. Guess I can understand it age wise if they gave him a longer term

You and me both man. Of all of our FA Bell was the one I really didn't want to lose. He became one of my favorite Bengals, Carolina got a good one.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Reminds me of when Marvin Jones left we kept Reggie Nelson. IIRC

We lost both WTF are you smoking. We signed Iloka over Nelson!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bates to Falcons.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Not good. Bell was the defensive backfield captain who read the offense and made sure all the DBs had their assignments right. Get ready for the D getting lit up a lot with DBs out of position unless they find a replacement who can do the same job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that there is a chance that the team is actually still trying to work a deal to keep Bates on the Bengals.  After all of the chatter about SF, ATL, and Cle being interested in Bates, yet no announcement of a deal in principle from any of those teams.

Well, that was accurate 40 minutes ago when you posted it.

Bates now to Falcons.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:32 PM)J24 Wrote: We lost both WTF are you smoking. We signed Iloka over Nelson!

It was Iloka. But had they kept Jones...they both were likely gone.
Reply/Quote

This is what i think. Bengals are letting Bates "test" the market, once he does... he might discover no one is willing to pay him what he is asking for? So back to Bengals with the Best Offer. 

SF signed T Gibson to a 1-yr, so they likely out.
Haven't heard much from the other 2 yet.

Well ok then:
Reply/Quote
Time to slide back into slump buster Chris Crocker's dms...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Must be for the money because he ain’t winning many games over there

We were a 2-14 team when he signed with us...maybe he's Mr. 180.
Reply/Quote
Hate to see Bell leave.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:18 PM)jason Wrote: Time to slide back into slump buster Chris Crocker's dms...

Need to look up Kevin k too.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
So both safeties likely gone now?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So both safeties likely gone now?

No they are gone
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We were a 2-14 team when he signed with us...maybe he's Mr. 180.

Pretty sure that’s burrow, and there ain’t no burrow in this draft.

He is playing for a team fighting to get to 500
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:39 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not good. Bell was the defensive backfield captain who read the offense and made sure all the DBs had their assignments right. Get ready for the D getting lit up a lot with DBs out of position unless they find a replacement who can do the same job.

This is what I've been worried about. I think everyone has gotten used to a solid defense keeping games manageable. The offensive line and offense overall is gonna have to get better if we are gonna be out scoring people. Very disappointing first day so far. Hopefully we have a couple good signings coming.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 06:40 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: No they are gone

I thought they could still sign with the Bengals if the Bengals offered them a contract they liked. I’m not saying it’s likely.

Reply/Quote
We better be signing Thornhill or Gardner Johnson TODAY!!!

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/3/13/23626531/vonn-bell-panthers-bengals-free-agency-news-rumors-nfl
Reply/Quote