Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vonn to Panthers
That’s disappointing. Wanted him back, thought he’d be back. It takes two though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Wow. Had to have been offered a nice chunk of change. This is probably Bell’s last contract, so going for the big bucks over a chance at a championship makes sense. Unless the Bengals didn’t bother to offer him anything.

Sucks to see him go. He will be remembered for the “hit that changed the Bengals” against JuJu.

Players nearly always take the money. Nearly always.
Reply/Quote
Well... better call Bates back.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals drafted Anderson and Hill
Last year. That should have told right there
Bell and Bates were not coming back after the 2022 season. Those young guys have to play at some point
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:41 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Well... better call Bates back.

It is possible now, didn't expect this, or Pratt being back. Wild. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Must be for the money because he ain’t winning many games over there

Two years ago people were saying that about Hendrickson, Hilton and Awuzie signing here. Carolina gets that QB pick right? They'll be fine. They've got good young pieces on all three levels of the D to build around, plus that division is a complete dumpster fire right now.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:36 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Must be for the money because he ain’t winning many games over there

The NFC South is a terrible division. Panthers have as much chance to win as anyone with Brady retired.

That said, I'm sad to see Bell leaving.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
What is interesting is that when Bell got here he was considered a 2nd tier FA who had kind of underperformed. I wonder where we go from here, but I have faith in Lou's system. I do think we see Pratt not leaving the field now to help with communication now that Bell and presumably Bates are gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is possible now, didn't expect this, or Pratt being back. Wild. Shocked

It's crazy. I am actually in shock that Bell isn't coming back. That was one of only 3 moves that I felt like we HAD to do.
Reply/Quote
This one shocks me, I fully expected him back. Vonn will always be a Cincinnati legend for his hit on JSS which was the start of the turnaround.
Reply/Quote
That sucks to lose both guys this offseason. Theres some serious big shoes to fill this offseason. Just glad Lou is here to do that.
Reply/Quote
I appreciated Bell's play and leadership.

Does his money eventually go to Logan Wilson?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is interesting is that when Bell got here he was considered a 2nd tier FA who had kind of underperformed. I wonder where we go from here, but I have faith in Lou's system. I do think we see Pratt not leaving the field now to help with communication now that Bell and presumably Bates are gone.

Lou sure helped turn Vonn's career around. Hope he can work miracles with our young guys in Dax and Tycen.

(03-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's crazy. I am actually in shock that Bell isn't coming back. That was one of only 3 moves that I felt like we HAD to do.

Same, shocked! Shocked

(03-13-2023, 04:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: This one shocks me, I fully expected him back. Vonn will always be a Cincinnati legend for his hit on JSS which was the start of the turnaround.

He will always be remembered for that hit no doubt. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:35 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: Bates back in play?

They must be offering him a hell of a deal because they aren’t competing anytime soon.

That hit on the tiktoker reignited a franchise.

Good luck Vonn

Yup.  The man who turned the team around.  The hit heard 'round the world.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:43 PM)Ravage Wrote: Two years ago people were saying that about Hendrickson, Hilton and Awuzie signing here. Carolina gets that QB pick right? They'll be fine. They've got good young pieces on all three levels of the D to build around, plus that division is a complete dumpster fire right now.

Yeah. The NFL changes so quick. Worst to 1st happens routinely in divisions. It's really hard to say.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Thank you for your time here Bell...   

And the Hit that ended a tiktok career....   lol
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Julian Love.  About to turn 25.  PFF's 6th rated free agent safety.

6. S JULIAN LOVE

Contract projection: Available in PFF's free agency rankings
Love offers a diverse skill set as a defensive back who can serve as a ball hawk in the deep third and make plays down in the box. He was also a player the New York Giants trusted in the slot. He played by far the most snaps in his career in 2022 (1,006) and earned a career-high 71.5 coverage grade in the process.
Love is a good tackler in space, with his 80 tackles in 2022 the seventh most among safeties and his six missed tackles the second fewest among safeties in the top 25 in total tackles.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:42 PM)impactplaya Wrote: The Bengals drafted Anderson and Hill
Last year. That should have told right there
Bell and Bates were not coming back after the 2022 season. Those young guys have to play at some point

well at least 1 wasnt coming back now likely both
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: What is interesting is that when Bell got here he was considered a 2nd tier FA who had kind of underperformed. I wonder where we go from here, but I have faith in Lou's system. I do think we see Pratt not leaving the field now to help with communication now that Bell and presumably Bates are gone.

Terrell Edmunds could be that "we like this guy but we have this guy" with the Steelers paying Fitzpatrick.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals are looking to upgrade over Bell. Someone in between Bates and Bells contract. It wouldnt shock me if they landed someone like Poyer or CJ Gardner Johnson.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote