Ouch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Ouch.

That's what Juju said.  Cool
Reply/Quote
Move CTB SS and plan to draft/sign a CB.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:56 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think the Bengals are looking to upgrade over Bell. Someone in between Bates and Bells contract. It wouldnt shock me if they landed someone like Poyer or CJ Gardner Johnson.

There is currently significant twitter chatter between Bengals players Zach Carter and Mike Hilton with CJ. I think it's a real possibility.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Players nearly always take the money. Nearly always.

Hard to blame them.

Fans look at "oh, it's only a million more (or a lot less)" but that's a lot of money for anyone, especially when most of these guys won't be able to get high paying gigs after their short career is over, so the money has to last them.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:58 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: There is currently significant twitter chatter between Bengals players Zach Carter and Mike Hilton with CJ. I think it's a real possibility.

Yep. They were willing to offer Bates a decent contract. Why wouldn't they use that money and invest it into another safety at a better value? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Can we put Mike Hilton in the Ring of Honor yet?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
This one hurts
Reply/Quote
Ugh he was the FA I wanted back the most. Guess I can understand it age wise if they gave him a longer term
Reply/Quote
AAHHHH. Did not expect this. Crap. 

Replacing him with Chauncey would be nice, but I wanted Bell back. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Reminds me of when Marvin Jones left we kept Reggie Nelson. IIRC
Reply/Quote
CJ would be sweet, but I'm not sure the salary is a fit.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:59 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yep. They were willing to offer Bates a decent contract. Why wouldn't they use that money and invest it into another safety at a better value? 

I think that there is a chance that the team is actually still trying to work a deal to keep Bates on the Bengals.  After all of the chatter about SF, ATL, and Cle being interested in Bates, yet no announcement of a deal in principle from any of those teams.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hard to blame them.

Fans look at "oh, it's only a million more (or a lot less)" but that's a lot of money for anyone, especially when most of these guys won't be able to get high paying gigs after their short career is over, so the money has to last them.

No doubt.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 04:38 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Should be a lesson for the entire board lol. people care about maximizing their earning potentials over a very very short playing career. They have about 5 years to make as much money as they can so they can survive a lifetime. W’s don’t pay for their mortgage and kids college tuition.

These guys (and entertainers) make more in 5 years than most any other person on the planet makes in a lifetime. And no-one pays for other's peoples' mortgages and kid's college tuitions. And they still can work at some other job if they wish after their playing career is over. I suspect they also have retirement packages, which many others do not have. I don't begrudge them making money. But I have a hard time feeling sympathy for their short careers. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: These guys make more in 5 years than I make in a lifetime. And no-one pays for our mortgage and kid's college tuiiton. And they still can work at some other job if they wish. I suspect they also have retirement packages, which many of do not have

Maybe you should have worked harder in practice, you could have been rich as a retired pro athlete by now.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Damn. Losing Bell hurts. And the one I am most surprised about, since I thought "no way we lose BOTH safeties."

Moving CTB to safety is not crazy. Wonder if Bates is back in play? Branch certainly in play at #28 if not. Any word on the $$ Bell got?
Reply/Quote
I see Thornhill as an option to replace Bates and Hill stepping into Bell's role. I'd prefer Gardner-Johnson, but Thornhill wouldn't be a bad get, either.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2023, 05:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Was it ever a "pivot" or the plan all along? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote