Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vontaze Burfict
I like alot of you are very surprised hes not released or cut yet.
Taylor and Capt Lou have said nothing about him.
3 weeks ago there was a rumour that he was released then it was false news.
do we have any idea whats going on with his concussions?
Vontaze hit rock bottom last year as a player.
out of shape.
never around the ball
lack of passion overall.
if he is planning on playing as a Bengal
has this new coaching staff gave him motivation
to reinvent himself?
I believe last year he mentally and emotionally checked out.
Marvin lost his desire to coach much like Burfict lost his passion
to dominate.
I have no idea what his future holds in 2019.
but if he is returning with a new mindset
its like getting a new player
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 12:56 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I like alot of you are very surprised hes not released or cut yet.
Taylor and Capt Lou have said nothing about him.
3 weeks ago there was a rumour that he was released then it was false news.
do we have any idea whats going on with his concussions?
Vontaze hit rock bottom last year as a player.
out of shape.
never around the ball
lack of passion overall.
if he is planning on playing as a Bengal
has this new coaching staff gave him motivation
to reinvent himself?
I believe last year he mentally and emotionally checked out.
Marvin lost his desire to coach much like Burfict lost his passion
to dominate.
I have no idea what his future holds in 2019.
but if he is returning with a new mindset
its like getting a new player

It's very simple--he has to retire.  It would be irresponsible of any team in the league to allow him to play.  His mental future has got to be already in jeopardy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It's pure conjecture on my part, but I wonder what kind of impact his presence had on the DC search. It took 7 tries to get a guy in here and by the time they did, it was some slapnuts named Anarumo that I would guess 80 percent of people here had never even heard of.

I wonder if other candidates said that Tez needed to go if they took the job. 55 was bad and largely unavailable last season. We all sat and fantasized about how great this team was gonna be when he came back from suspension and they were 3-1. The defense looked rough, but just wait til 55 is back, I tell ya!

Well, we waited, but the player we anticipated never materialized, save for the extracurricular antics. When he did get into games, he was in and out, more often out. I wonder if his lack of discipline combined with the family's unwillingness to part with him played a role in no DC wanting to touch this job, despite several nice pieces in place.
Reply/Quote
how come they havent cut him yet?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:50 AM)impactplaya Wrote: how come they havent cut him yet?

Sometimes they keep a guy until after the draft to see how stuff shakes out personnel-wise.  I don't think its a sure bet that he's on the team when the season starts.
Reply/Quote
I think he will still be cut before June, we cant completely gut our LB's yet until we restock the cupboard!! I'm still thinking we take 2 LB's before rd 5, just which 2 will be available. He has value, but at 6 million?? NO!! We can use his cap space and extend Boyd/AJ.
Reply/Quote
I think that they're waiting until one of two things happens: 
1. Word from what Burfict, his doctors, and family have to say about his desire to keep playing. If he decides that he needs to hang it up for health reasons, then that'll be it.
2. Burfict to come into camp so that coaches can see if he's ready to go. Here's where the coaches figure out if his presence will work for them. They could trade or release him at this stage. 

I really don't know what to expect here. He looked like he was OK when he came back against the Steelers, wound up getting flagged and fined, and seemed deflated for the rest of the year. I got the vibe that he was just going through the motions after the fine. 
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Bengals have asked him to wait to "retire" until after the draft, so they can see who they can replace him with. If he "retires" does that count differently against the salary cap as opposed to them cutting him? Not sure how that works, but I assume if the Bengals front office can figure out a way to have Burfect gone as cheap as they can, that's how it will happen.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish there was a way to keep him as a coach so he draws a salary and benefits. He supposedly is a borderline savant when it comes to reading opposing offenses. As long as he doesn't go Joey Porter in a game, because here it would be a huge offense.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 01:49 AM)samhain Wrote: it was some slapnuts named Anarumo 

Rep for use of "slapnuts".  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wish there was a way to keep him as a coach so he draws a salary and benefits. He supposedly is a borderline savant when it comes to reading opposing offenses. As long as he doesn't go Joey Porter in a game, because here it would be a huge offense.

I agree. I’ve thought about this quite a bit. He’s very smart and a leader. Well, except leading by example. He does have that dark side. But think he would/could be a decent if not good coach.

Reply/Quote
Y'all are crazy. Defensive coaches are NOT avoiding this place because of Burfict, when he's on, he's one of the best linebackers in the league. There's no word on him being let go yet because they are not letting him go..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'll be surprised if he's playing football anywhere next season. And for his health he probably shouldn't !

Like others have said they're probably just waiting until after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 02:57 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: I think that they're waiting until one of two things happens: 
1. Word from what Burfict, his doctors, and family have to say about his desire to keep playing. If he decides that he needs to hang it up for health reasons, then that'll be it.
2. Burfict to come into camp so that coaches can see if he's ready to go. Here's where the coaches figure out if his presence will work for them. They could trade or release him at this stage. 

I really don't know what to expect here. He looked like he was OK when he came back against the Steelers, wound up getting flagged and fined, and seemed deflated for the rest of the year. I got the vibe that he was just going through the motions after the fine. 

Number one is not applicable. He'll most certainly want to play. Number two I agree with 100%
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If contractually there is no monetary reason to release him before a certain date, why do it until they have to. Free agent season isn’t over, the draft hasn’t happen, and they haven’t had OTAs.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:21 AM)pally Wrote: If contractually there is no monetary reason to release him before a certain date, why do it until they have to. Free agent season isn’t over, the draft hasn’t happen, and they haven’t had OTAs.

Exactly. If they get a LB or two in free agency, and draft one, then I think he's for sure gone. 
Reply/Quote
You guys realize the only place anyone is talking about his retiring due to concussions is here, right?
Reply/Quote
At this point all we can do is wait for his next suspension to be announced. It's coming.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
He is looking jacked to death and has been training with super-roided guys, consistently on Instagram.

Thus, we'll see if his head is in the game again.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 10:00 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He is looking jacked to death and has been training with super-roided guys, consistently on Instagram.

Thus, we'll see if his head is in the game again.

He needs to get his head out of the game, that is why he keeps getting all those concussions.
Reply/Quote