Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vontez Burfict is fat as hell
Dude is fat and slow this year.

How can this guy come into this season out of shape, especially after how many chances Marvin and organization have given him?

It's honestly a slap in the face. It makes you wonder how serious he takes his profession.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've reached the point where I'm just kinda "meh" about Tez. We keep him on the team: cool. We trade or let him walk: whatever.
Reply/Quote
So is Maualuga.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dude was crushed by the media and thousands of fans after the PO game, maybe it got to him.

Reply/Quote
Defense has gotten lax without Zimmer around.

The longer since he's been here, the more it's showing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's definitely carrying some extra weight. At this rate, might as well put his hand in the dirt on 3rd down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: So is Maualuga.

He is known for having a problem with his weight though. Nothing new with him. Wonder if he still drinks err.. too much

Reply/Quote
I don't travel with the Bengals, so I don't know certain individual's personalities or how they operate, but I do miss seeing this...

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:45 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Dude was crushed by the media and thousands of fans after the PO game, maybe it got to him.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Burfict just isn't the same this year. Reminds me of his final College year. Out of shape, and no coach can control. We basically have nothing at LB out side of Vinny.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Has Vigil had any LB snaps so far?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 06:02 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Has Vigil had any LB snaps so far?

11 of them, plus another 134 on ST.

Must not have liked what they saw?

(Admittedly don't know if those numbers include yesterday's game.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict not playing at same level but he is still better than Rey M.

Ray M is like Bodine. I have no idea how or why these two players have not been replaced.

This is one of the problems with a long in the tooth coaching staff/head coach.  They get invested in particular players and are not objective.
Reply/Quote
I think one of the biggest disappointments that no one has talked about this year has been our position coaches on defense. Especially Haslett. I had high hopes for him and EVERY linebacker on this defense has taken a step back. Burfict, Dansby, Maualuga, Rey (definitely in the running attack), even Dawson who had a great preseason last year and showed a ton of potential took a step back.

None of our LBs can shed blocks it seems. They get into a block and that's it. Sometimes do you see Burfict at least move the guy to where the run is going, but they all struggle to disengage anymore.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:52 PM)Emphasis Wrote: I don't travel with the Bengals, so I don't know certain individual's personalities or how they operate, but I do miss seeing this...

Yep, major mistake letting him go !

(10-31-2016, 05:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Burfict just isn't the same this year. Reminds me of his final College year. Out of shape, and no coach can control. We basically have nothing at LB out side of Vinny.

Spot on,

You can see the fire just isn't there, and that's with all the LBers. Whole defense really, they're playing flat and not on the same page on way to many plays. Major meltdown going on with D
Reply/Quote
I would say the entire defense looks fat and slow

MJ90
Dansby
Peko
Maualuga

just to name a few.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:07 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yep, major mistake letting him go !

Spot on,

You can see the fire just isn't there, and that's with all the LBers. Whole defense really, they're playing flat and not on the same page on way to many plays. Major meltdown going on with D

I look at the Dallas gave to further prove that.

How many times did we see players get together and talk to each other and try to figure things out?
Numerous times.

How many times did we see Guenther talk to anyone?
Zero.

Heck, there was a tweet by Paul Dehner that while Burfict and Sims were talking and figuring out what was going on, he just monitored the situation.

These coaches have no fire. No passion. The offense seems too big for Zampese. Guenther has no defensive identity.

In fact, both Guenther and Zampese try to be EXACTLY like their predecessors. You can tell there's plays from Hue's playbook still implemented, and the same with Zimmer's. Neither guy has brought anything new, they're just trying to be like the guys before them, and they're not. We're just getting a copy of what once was and hoping it works out this time.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 07:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I would say the entire defense looks fat and slow

MJ90
Dansby
Peko
Maualuga

just to name a few.

You could literally name anyone besides Dunlap and Kirkpatrick and be right.

Reply/Quote
Burfict is still Burfict. Yeah still little out of shape but the only one on the team that can tackle .. no one else can tackle worth shit
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude is fat and slow this year.

How can this guy come into this season out of shape, especially after how many chances Marvin and organization have given him?

It's honestly a slap in the face.  It makes you wonder how serious he takes his profession.

I agree, he is out of shape. He's missing tackles too. That's too bad. Our whole team needs tackling lessons, what has happened to them? It's like the Bengals of the 90s, slip and slide tackling. First guy to the man should bring him down.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote