• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vote for JoeyB-Week 11 Fed Ex Air Player
Another week...another possible award

https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 05:01 PM)pally Wrote: Another week...another possible award

https://www.nfl.com/voting/air-and-ground/

I saw this and I wasn't sure where to post it. I know we all know Joey B. is elite but glad the numbers are showing it. Also last night I thought he played superb and might have been his best game this year. Just constantly making accurate throws. I also like to see him getting on guys immediately after the play letting them know what he was seeing. That QB keeper late in the game I think he might have still been in the process of being tackled when he was turning to let I think it was Wilcox that he messed something up I'm assuming missing the block.
Reply/Quote
Get this man an offensive line!

I voted about 15 times!

He had more yards, touchdowns, AND completions than the other two, so how WOULDN'T he win?!
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Get this man an offensive line!

I voted about 15 times!

He had more yards, touchdowns, AND completions than the other two, so how WOULDN'T he win?!

Mahomes threw 2 less INTs. Both of Burrow's INTs led to Steelers points.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow deserves this one. The Steelers are a way better defense than the Chargers or the Packers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow deserves this one. The Steelers are a way better defense than the Chargers or the Packers.

Only 1 team in the NFL has given up more passing yards than the Steelers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only 1 team in the NFL has given up more passing yards than the Steelers

Yes, but a big reason is Joe Burrow with 2 300+ passing games whereas they only gave up one other 300+ game all year.

Looking at that our next two opponents are bottom 7 in yards given up passing.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:28 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes, but a big reason is Joe Burrow with 2 300+ passing games whereas they only gave up one other 300+ game all year.

Looking at that our next two opponents are bottom 7 in yards given up passing.

Sure JB is great, just disagreeing with the notion that Pitt pass D is "way better' than anyone that plays on Sundays

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 09:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Only 1 team in the NFL has given up more passing yards than the Steelers

They were without the reigning defensive player of the year for 7 weeks. Different defense entirely when he’s out there. Very few players can wreck a passing game as much he can.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure JB is great, just disagreeing with the notion that Pitt pass D is "way better' than anyone that plays on Sundays

I didn’t say “anyone.” I said the Chargers and the Packers (the teams the other 2 nominees faced).

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I didn’t say “anyone.” I said the Chargers and the Packers.

Chargers and Packers qualify as anyone. 

Pitt has been terrible against the pass all year.

It's great to root for JB, but let's keep it real. 

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chargers and Packers qualify as anyone. 

Pitt has been terrible against the pass all year.

It's great to root for JB, but let's keep it real. 

Anyone, sure. Or more specifically the 2 teams Mahomes and Tannehill faced…

Again, they were missing the reigning defensive player of the year for 7 weeks. Keeping it real and context go hand in hand.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 11:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone, sure. Or more specifically the 2 teams Mahomes and Tannehill faced…

Again, they were missing the reigning defensive player of the year for 7 weeks. Keeping it real and context go hand in hand.

Sure thing. 

I didn't expect facts to change your opinion. The packers are top 10 in the NFL in pass D, but 31st ranked Pitt is way better

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:07 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure thing. 

I didn't expect facts to change your opinion. The packers are top 10 in the NFL in pass D, but 31st ranked Pitt is way better

Fair enough on the Packers passing D.

As for the Steelers:

13th last year and a playoff team with Watt

32nd this year and on their way to Tomlin’s 1st losing season when Watt misses 2 months

2-1 with Watt

1-6 without Watt

Seems like a correlation to me.

Anyway, I hope the Bengals QB wins this award. I’ll leave it at that.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2022, 08:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mahomes threw 2 less INTs. Both of Burrow's INTs led to Steelers points.

Hey man, I usually love your posts, but damn is that misleading in a BS way.

Neither one of Burrow's INT's were his fault. Mellow

Maybe step back a bit or pump fake, but other than those changes I don't know what else he could of done.

Especially the Twatt pick. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, I usually love your posts, but damn is that misleading in a BS way.

Maybe step back a bit or pump fake, but other than those changes I don't know what else he could of done.

I guarantee you if Joe were going against a QB from another team who had more yards and TDs than him, we'd bring up the fact the other QB had 2 INTs giving 0 thought to how they occurred. 

WTS, JB is deserving of the award and I hope he gets it, we just need to stop with the "but..."

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:50 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey man, I usually love your posts, but damn is that misleading in a BS way.

Twatt has 2 INT of Burrow in 2 games this year. We can't act like it was a 1-in-a-million weird happenstance that is of no fault of Burrow's if it has happened twice in the same season to the same guy, Nate. He has thrown 6 INT in the 2 Steelers games this year. He's 3rd in the NFL in batted passes and closing in on twice as many as he had last year already. He threw 6 INT in 2 games to the Steelers. There's only so much "they're not his fault" that can go around before you just need to own that it happened.

Burrow even had a good game overall, don't get me wrong... but the fact that he threw 2 INTs is still reality, and Mahomes threw 0. It was the 9th game where Burrow had 2+ turnovers, and the first win in such a game. The Bengals are now 1-8 when Burrow turns it over 2+ times, it's almost always a recipe for losing. Bfritz asked how a he wouldn't win, and my answer is 4 TD/2 INT can lose to 3 TD/0 INT. 26 yards and 1 TD doesn't really offset 2 INT. That's why Mahomes QB Rating was 16.7 points higher.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Twatt has 2 INT of Burrow in 2 games this year. We can't act like it was a 1-in-a-million weird happenstance that is of no fault of Burrow's if it has happened twice in the same season to the same guy, Nate. He has thrown 6 INT in the 2 Steelers games this year. He's 3rd in the NFL in batted passes and closing in on twice as many as he had last year already. He threw 6 INT in 2 games to the Steelers. There's only so much "they're not his fault" that can go around before you just need to own that it happened.

Burrow even had a good game overall, don't get me wrong... but the fact that he threw 2 INTs is still reality, and Mahomes threw 0. It was the 9th game where Burrow had 2+ turnovers, and the first win in such a game. The Bengals are now 1-8 when Burrow turns it over 2+ times, it's almost always a recipe for losing. Bfritz asked how a he wouldn't win, and my answer is 4 TD/2 INT can lose to 3 TD/0 INT. 26 yards and 1 TD doesn't really offset 2 INT. That's why Mahomes QB Rating was 16.7 points higher.

Did you actually watch the game dude? What Burrow did in that game should have you psyched. His pocket awareness and maneuvering were elite. The turnovers were a tipped pass and a great play by a great player. You can focus on that if you want, but you seem to have not seen what he actually did in the game. His reads and decisions were awesome too. if you watched the game and actually understand what he did and how he played, you would have a huge throbbing Bengals boner right now. He was that good!
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guarantee you if Joe were going against a QB from another team who had more yards and TDs than him, we'd bring up the fact the other QB had 2 INTs giving 0 thought to how they occurred. 

WTS, JB is deserving of the award and I hope he gets it, we just need to stop with the "but..."

Probably right, but if I watched the game and the other QB had 2 INT's that weren't his fault same as Burrow I would 
take that into consideration. The tipped pass, I don't know, maybe he should of took the Sack instead? The Twatt INT,
maybe drop deeper and use a pump fake?

(11-22-2022, 02:30 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Twatt has 2 INT of Burrow in 2 games this year. We can't act like it was a 1-in-a-million weird happenstance that is of no fault of Burrow's if it has happened twice in the same season to the same guy, Nate. He has thrown 6 INT in the 2 Steelers games this year. He's 3rd in the NFL in batted passes and closing in on twice as many as he had last year already. He threw 6 INT in 2 games to the Steelers. There's only so much "they're not his fault" that can go around before you just need to own that it happened.

They were both fantastic plays be a great player, Twatt is that good. Those don't happen often, the Watt brothers are 
about the only Ends I have seen accomplish those type of Interceptions. Takes crazy reflexes and soft hands.

Burrow had a terrible game in the first one throwing bad INT's.

These 2 INT's Sunday were nothing like 3 of them in the first game. Burrow played great in this 2nd game and in my 
opinion better than Mahomes did against the Chargers. I watched both games too.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They were both fantastic plays be a great player, Twatt is that good. Those don't happen often, the Watt brothers are 
about the only Ends I have seen accomplish those type of Interceptions. Takes crazy reflexes and soft hands.

Burrow had 2 INT from DEs/DTs last year, too, and 1 more in half a season in 2020.

That's 5 INTs from DEs/DTs. I have no idea how that stacks up against other QBs over a 36 game span, but that seems like a lot.

Reply/Quote