Poll: Have you lost your Fandom?
Yes
No
Getting There
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you losing your Fandom?
So, without Burrow, we're better than the Jets. I need to watch them.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You obviously haven’t watched the Jets this year...

Broke the bank for Bell last year. Released him this week. Robbie Anderson has become a straight up star since leaving. The only 1st round pick still on their roster from the last 7-8 years are the most recent 3, and they're killing Darnold.

I get it... We suck, but we're not the absolute worst.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:10 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: So, without Burrow, we're better than the Jets. I need to watch them.

We beat em last year on the way to earning Burrow. They're even worse now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:11 PM)jason Wrote: Broke the bank for Bell last year. Released him this week. Robbie Anderson has become a straight up star since leaving. The only 1st round pick still on their roster from the last 7-8 years are the most recent 3, and they're killing Darnold.

I get it... We suck, but we're not the absolute worst.

Plus their coach is a lunatic...

[Image: adam-gase-crazy-eyes-jets-meme.jpg?quali...=all&ssl=1]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I’m steadfast and resolute

Attached Files Image(s)

If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plus their coach is a lunatic...

I actually prefer Taylor to Gase.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The nearly 1/4 that are losing their fandom should likely just go ahead and pick a new team. These boards are for bona fide fans, no room for fringe or bandwagon types. Plenty of hot teams out there with plenty of room on their bandwagons. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The nearly 1/4 that are losing their fandom should likely just go ahead and pick a new team. These boards are for bona fide fans, no room for fringe or bandwagon types. Plenty of hot teams out there with plenty of room on their bandwagons. Cool

Get em Sunset...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 07:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Plus their coach is a lunatic...

Maybe he was watching a spider crawl on the podium and that's just his spider face.  Everybody's got a spider face.

When the Bengals are on the road, or it's a covid year and I'm stuck at home, I have the same gameday ritual today as I had decades ago:  turn on the game and listen to play-by-play on the radio.  The spouses have changed (for the better!) and the couch and house have changed a few times, but I'm always there come game time.  And the gameday forum keeps me company.  

I can't imagine a Sunday in the fall that wouldn't look like that. I mean, I'm quicker with the remote to check out RedZone when we're stinikin' up the joint, and I probably don't cheer or swear as loudly as I used to, but, I'll be there.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
A real fan wouldn’t lose their fandom. I picked this team because they drafted a bunch of UGa players the first few years I started watching college football and we happened to be pretty good at the time. I get frustrated but that’s part of being a fan.

Also last year would have been a year to lose you fandom, this year has been much better. We just have a ton of bipolar people on here thst swing from we are the worst team ever nothings going to change on one bad play in a game and especially a loss to expecting the super bowl whenever we win a game.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 09:15 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: A real fan wouldn’t lose their fandom. I picked this team because they drafted a bunch of UGa players the first few years I started watching college football and we happened to be pretty good at the time. I get frustrated but that’s part of being a fan.

Also last year would have been a year to lose you fandom, this year has been much better. We just have a ton of bipolar people on here thst swing from we are the worst team ever nothings going to change on one bad play in a game and especially a loss to expecting the super bowl whenever we win a game.

Exactly... Last year was a rudderless vessel with no beacon to guide it. We now have the makings of a bonafide star at THE position in the sport. We need to cut some fat, but I don't get jumping ship this year.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Not all the way but this offseason I lost complete interest after the draft. I didnt even think there would be football played. I had high Hope for this season even for burrow being a rookie. But the first game was a reminder the refs are against us and so is the nnfl. It's to the point I think it's fixed. And I thought theyd give burrow some calls and they dont. They are allowing him to take shots theyd call 15 yard penalties on another qb. They did the same with dalton ,he didnt get the calls.

I will add my life is pretty depressing and it's even more depressing my sports team can never win.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much mentally checked out in 2017 during the draft. Stop paying for NFL Sunday ticket so I only see them lose a handful of times each year. As apathetic as I am towards this team, still seems I’m more interested in this team improving than the front office.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 05:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: It’s still not the 90s yet. We never had a chance at winning the vast majority of games played. We are in most of the games we lose. There is a difference.

From 1994 through 1997, the Bengals were 25-39 (.391)
Over the last 4+ seasons, the Bengals are 22-45-2 (.333)

During our current stretch, we've lost a whopping 20 games by 10+ points. Which includes these stinkers:

Bengals 17 - Patriots 35
Bengals 0 - Ravens 20
Bengals 7 - Jaguars 23
Bengals 7 - Bears 33
Bengals 7 - Vikings 34
Bengals 10 - Chiefs 45
Bengals 14 - Saints 51
Bengals 17 - 49ers 41
Bengals 3 - Steelers 27
Bengals 13 - Ravens 49
Bengals 13 - Patriots 34
Bengals 3 - Ravens 27

From 1994-1997, we lost 19 games by 10+ points. Our biggest loss was Browns 37, Bengals 13. We have several worse losses during our current stretch. In short, this is definitely as bad as the 90's. Sick
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I am a Bengals and WVU fan but first and foremost I am a Football fan. I love the sport win or lose. I think alot of people forget to enjoy that part.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
No need to get personal here.

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
My answer to this stupid question is hell no. If the past fifty plus years haven't chased me away, nothing will.

I am rapidly losing my fandom of the over the top lunacy that has overtaken this once reasonable forum, though.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2020, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: My answer to this stupid question is hell no.  If the past fifty plus years haven't chased me away, nothing will.  

I am rapidly losing my fandom of the over the top lunacy that has overtaken this once reasonable forum, though.

Strange comment? I am not sure I understand as I see the same forum we are very fortunate to come into and debate and express different views. Are you suggesting everyone should think a like on how they view the Bengals from a fan prospective?

I love football like many others, I refuse to let the crappy team I root for cause me pain and anger. I refuse to let it ruin me or my day. I did that for a long time and it was dumb on my part. Now, I watch and enjoy football (watch ever Bengals snap) by enjoying watching more games than just our beloved Bengals. I can't wait for any NFL game whether it be Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and this year even Tuesday.

To those who what to define true fans, I suggest you look into the mirror and think about why your opinions of a true fan outweigh th eopinions of others as you are suggesting. I think everyone in this forum in this forum is a TRUE FAN, otherwise they would have left a long time ago. But how fans cope with a losing team, well a far different question and reasoning by each individually.

I voted yes because there was no option of, no due to the degree I used to be at one time which best describes my fandom today.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2020, 06:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Lots of liars in this forum lol. without burrow this team is pure absolute worst in the NFL by far.
Liars? Kinda harsh isnt it??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
No I've been a Bengals fan since I was a kid in the late 80's. It's frustrating at times but I hope to see them win a Super Bowl one day.
Reply/Quote