Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W.H.O. on the lockdown. Well how about that.
https://nypost.com/2020/10/11/who-warns-against-covid-19-lockdowns-due-to-economic-damage/
Reply/Quote
Let's ask New Zealand how their economy is doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Let's ask New Zealand how their economy is doing.

Comparing a remote island nation with under 5 million people to the United States is disingenuous at best.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 09:59 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: https://nypost.com/2020/10/11/who-warns-against-covid-19-lockdowns-due-to-economic-damage/

This report pretty much supports what I've said all along: We've got the world's largest economy what were/are we supposed to do? Shutdown?

Does this mean I'm right? "Hell no". I don't think we'll ever know who was right. We just do the best we can. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just to be clear, they're saying it should only be used when absolutely necessary and that a host of other measures are the most important steps to take. They stressed social distancing and contact tracing among other things.

They also criticized the idea of herd immunity by exposure, something the OP touted a week ago.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Definitely agree. Would be nice if we had a prez who followed protocols in place designed to prevent the spread of the virus thus preventing the need for lockdowns instead of hosting maskless shoulder to shoulder gatherings at the White House and showing a true failure of leadership.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Definitely agree. Would be nice if we had a prez who followed protocols in place designed to prevent the spread of the virus thus preventing the need for lockdowns instead of hosting maskless shoulder to shoulder gatherings at the White House and showing a true failure of leadership.

Cause Trump.

What are you and others going to do if he loses and you have to make your own choices

Reply/Quote
I thought we weren’t listening to the World Health Organization since they said travel bans are ineffective and Trump moved to withdraw the US from the WHO.

So which is it: we’re listening to the WHO because they know what they’re talking about or we’re not listening to the WHO because they don’t know what they’re talking about?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cause Trump.

What are you and others going to do if he loses and you have to make your own choices

Yea, believe it or not leadership matters. 

I don't get it?
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cause Trump.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Coronavirus-Information-who-do-you-trust?pid=923508#pid923508
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:47 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Yea, believe it or not leadership matters. 

I don't get it?

It sure does. Trump has never lead my choices on COVID .

I don't credit him for any good and I don't blame him for any bad. 

Medical professionals are trying to do the best they can as this crisis evolves. Blaming POTUS does nothing but show immaturity in decision making. 

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It sure does. Trump has never lead my choices on COVID .

Medical professionals are trying to do the best they can as this crisis evolves. Blaming POTUS does nothing but show immaturity in decision making. 

That's cool. 

Pretty much jibes with what he said. "I don't take responsibility at all."

Wasn't aware the GOP quit holding leaders accountable but it explains a lot. Well, that is if the leader has an "R" next to their name. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just to be clear, they're saying it should only be used when absolutely necessary and that a host of other measures are the most important steps to take. They stressed social distancing and contact tracing among other things.

They also criticized the idea of herd immunity by exposure, something the OP touted a week ago.

Never did I say anything about herd immunity.  You must have me mixed up with someone else.  I don't know enough about it to comment on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I thought we weren’t listening to the World Health Organization since they said travel bans are ineffective and Trump moved to withdraw the US from the WHO.

So which is it: we’re listening to the WHO because they know what they’re talking about or we’re not listening to the WHO because they don’t know what they’re talking about?

Believe whatever you want.  I don't remember ever commenting on the WHO.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It sure does. Trump has never lead my choices on COVID .

Is that what they teach at NCOES? I’d love to see that as a bullet comment on an NCOER. How could you even rate a NCO if you can’t even determine what they’re responsible for and whether it was good or bad?

Quote:Medical professionals are trying to do the best they can as this crisis evolves. Blaming POTUS does nothing but show immaturity in decision making. 

“The buck stops here.” -Harry Truman

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” -Donald Trump

I guess the editorial board at the New England Journal of Medicine are just a bunch of immature crybabies?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:17 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Believe whatever you want.  I don't remember ever commenting on the WHO.

Who are you commenting on in post #1 of this thread?
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 12:13 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Never did I say anything about herd immunity.  You must have me mixed up with someone else.  I don't know enough about it to comment on it.

You provided Sweden's failed no lockdown, half-assed herd immunity strategy as an example to the alternative to our lockdown strategy. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Honestly protect the vulnerable and have everyone else get back to their daily lives with the best precautions they can take in those endeavors. Which seems like mostly what we’ve done down here.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Comparing a remote island nation with under 5 million people to the United States is disingenuous at best.  

As is ignoring the success they had by acknowledging the problem from the top down.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 01:45 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: You provided Sweden's failed no lockdown, half-assed herd immunity strategy as an example to the alternative to our lockdown strategy. 

My only point was that they didn't lock down and we did and they are not much worse off.  
Reply/Quote