Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
W/L 2021 Season
Knowing the opponents for the 2021 season, what do you guys predict for wins/losses?

With Lou returning and the offensive juggernauts we face, I see 4 wins +/- 2 either way. Regardless the schedule is brutal and we are looking at another losing season. Again there is not much hope when we return a coach with 6 wins in 2 seasons and a DC who allows a defense to give up 400 yards rushing.
Reply/Quote
4 wins was unfortunately my first thought as well. I could see 6, but I don’t expect it
Reply/Quote
It's gonna be rough. Six wins seems a realistic ceiling. But, that only means were due eight wins for 2022!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think ZT gets fired after he starts 0-3 or 0-4. Hard to make a prediction after that.
Reply/Quote
I’ll go with 7 if we’re going +/- 2.
Lions
Jets
Broncos
Jags
Bengals could get two wins from Bears, Vikings, Raiders, Chargers.
Bengals also I think can squeak one win in the division.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hard to predict since we haven't seen what free agency has done, but I agree with Jay Morrison that Zac is probably on a short leash and gets axed if he starts off 1-3 or 0-4. Then Simmons gets one hell of an audition for HC spot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hard to predict since we haven't seen what free agency has done, but I agree with Jay Morrison that Zac is probably on a short leash and gets axed if he starts off 1-3 or 0-4. Then Simmons gets one hell of an audition for HC spot.

I think that would be interesting to see.
Reply/Quote
Well, if the Browns can win 10 games with the team they have this year, I'm thinking the Bengals get OL help and win 10 next year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I think that would be interesting to see.

Agreed. We keep hearing that Simmons deserves a shot at the HC spot. Also, with next season moving to 17 games, pulling Zac after the first quarter if he fails gives Simmons plenty of time to see if he can be our next HC.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:24 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I think that would be interesting to see.

I don't think this is interesting. It signals the utter failure the FO is for bringing the coach back to begin with.

When a coach goes into the season on a "short leash" they usually always get fired mid season setting a rebuild back a year. I think this is a sign of FO disfunction when this happens.

When you are having a discussion about the coach being on the hot seat going into a year, and the FO gives them a win or get fired ultimatum, and people are already saying if he starts 0-4, 1-5 he's gone, then the coach shouldn't have returned.

This never works folks. Going into a year like this never ends in success. 

We already know there isn't a coach with Zac's record that has turned it around and saw success with the same team. Can someone tell me a coach going into a year with a win now ultimatum that didn't get fired by mid season?

No matter what tho they won't fire him mid season, so there won't be any look at Simmons.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Is Burrow back week 1? That will play into the win loss total.
Do we draft Sewell?
Are we active in FA?

Right now, this team is looking at 4 wins as is, but FA and a good draft and 8 is possible, especially if piggy keeps declining in pitt.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't think this is interesting. It signals the utter failure the FO is for bringing the coach back to begin with.

When a coach goes into the season on a "short leash" they usually always get fired mid season setting a rebuild back a year. I think this is a sign of FO disfunction when this happens.

When you are having a discussion about the coach being on the hot seat going into a year, and the FO gives them a win or get fired ultimatum, and people are already saying if he starts 0-4, 1-5 he's gone, then the coach shouldn't have returned.

This never works folks. Going into a year like this never ends in success. 

We already know there isn't a coach with Zac's record that has turned it around and saw success with the same team. Can someone tell me a coach going into a year with a win now ultimatum that didn't get fired by mid season?

No matter what tho they won't fire him mid season, so there won't be any look at Simmons.

I think it would be interest as Simmons usually has the best performing unit of the team year in and out. Wonder if he would be able to get the other units to improve. In terms of failure I think the team has already failed in bringing Zac back, i don’t need 3-4 early losses next season to tell me otherwise. The guy cant compete even within his own division. I mean the planets literally aligned on the day they beat the Steelers, it was pure fluke.
Reply/Quote
I think we sign a few FA Offensive Lineman draft a WR and tackle along with a few defensive players.
My prediction is 9-7. That would be a good 3rd year for ZT
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:28 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Well, if the Browns can win 10 games with the team they have this year, I'm thinking the Bengals get OL help and win 10 next year.

What? The Browns roster is pretty stacked, especially on the offensive side of the ball. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is Burrow back week 1? That will play into the win loss total.
Do we draft Sewell?
Are we active in FA?

Right now, this team is looking at 4 wins as is, but FA and a good draft and 8 is possible, especially if piggy keeps declining in pitt.

My 4 wins is assuming Burrow is back week 1 and we address o-line. I just don’t see our O doing enough work when our D will be giving up 30+.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:05 AM)TheFan Wrote: What? The Browns roster is pretty stacked, especially on the offensive side of the ball. 

Really? 

That is why I don't give Stefanski so much credit for a 1 year turnaround.

He took over a loaded team. ZT took over a team that ML dismantled.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:02 AM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think we sign a few FA Offensive Lineman draft a WR and tackle along with a few defensive players.
My prediction is 9-7. That would be attest 3rd year for ZT

If ZT gets to 9-7 with that schedule then he deserves another year.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have regressed since Zac Taylor became head coach. Keeping Lou Anarumo will guarantee a bottom five defense. I can’t see any record better than 2-14. I don’t think people realize how awful this team is. There’s not much talent, little depth, and the coaches are not even worthy of coaching in NCAA Division III.

Furthermore, I predict if Marvin Lewis comes back to coach in the NFL his team will win more games than Zac.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:10 AM)thompson19osu Wrote: My 4 wins is assuming Burrow is back week 1 and we address o-line. I just don’t see our O doing enough work when our D will be giving up 30+.

Reader back in the center of the D and hopefully a healthy Waynes should help the D a little.

I just don't want to make any assumptions till I see how the draft and free agency plays out. WJIII, Alexander and Lawson re-signing would be a huge help.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hmmm, ok early take here...

HOME
Baltimore Ravens W
Cleveland Browns W
Green Bay Packers L
Kansas City Chiefs L
Los Angeles Chargers W
Minnesota Vikings W
Pittsburgh Steelers L
Jacksonville Jaguars W

AWAY
Baltimore Ravens L
Chicago Bears L
Cleveland Browns L
Denver Broncos W
Detroit Lions W
Las Vegas Raiders L
Pittsburgh Steelers L
New York Jets W

So I guess I'm thinking 8-8 at the moment, but this depends on Burrow playing from day 1. If Burrow misses games to start the season I can see us starting off in a hole and morale dropping and leading to another ZT-style record.
Reply/Quote