Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
W/L 2021 Season
(01-06-2021, 12:23 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals have regressed since Zac Taylor became head coach. Keeping Lou Anarumo will guarantee a bottom five defense. I can’t see any record better than 2-14. I don’t think people realize how awful this team is. There’s not much talent, little depth, and the coaches are not even worthy of coaching in NCAA Division III.

Furthermore, I predict if Marvin Lewis comes back to coach in the NFL his team will win more games than Zac.

To be fair, last season was pretty much the last several years under Lewis.
I doubt he will do any better in Detroit, considering that's who supposedly interviewed him.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: This FO has already focused on and addressed the line a number of times in the last 5 years (1st and 2nd round picks at OT, C) FA tackles and guards, and we yet here we are. So this same group addressing the line again doesn't aspire confidence in me.

The story in this same old script ends the same every time. 

Drafting for need instead of taking the BPA is why we ended up with this mess. That’s how you get players like Taco Charlton
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 05:55 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Unsure if there is an NFL owner/GM record for quickest to 300 losses but Mike is closing in.

We have real competition in Jacksonville! The Khans make the Browns look good
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 04:40 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: It has happen before where a QB still wins games with a weak coach and bad decisions by ownership..looking at Rivers he had chaos through the years with Chargers and Luck at Colts. and they were able to wins games.   I will never buy that it is always coaches and ownership that totally hold a franchise QB a from winning games..  Detroit has been more dysfunctional than Bengals in the last 10 years and Stafford still averaged 6 wins a year in his career (72-90 record). Hell Mayfield was 6-7 as a rookie with then the dysfunctional browns.   

Burrow needs to still show he can wins some games before I can believe he is in the category of a Rivers or a Luck or even Stafford.

Philip Rivers didn’t even start a game until his 3rd season. Little different than being thrown right into the fire like Burrow, no?

Matthew Stafford went 2-8 as rookie.

Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians as his HC for the majority of his rookie season while Pagano was dealing with Leukemia. In what world is he a “weak coach?”

The only example you named that had any success (as a rookie) despite questionable coaching is Mayfield.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I can't believe I'm saying this...  but 6 wins.

A few games won by talent and yes even coaching.

A few where the ball of luck bounces their way.

It's Bengals. It's the current staff.

6 is the ceiling for Zac and his crappy buds and they "nail it!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 10:36 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Hard to predict since we haven't seen what free agency has done, but I agree with Jay Morrison that Zac is probably on a short leash and gets axed if he starts off 1-3 or 0-4. Then Simmons gets one hell of an audition for HC spot.

Thinking the same thing and Simmons gets the team somewhat on track and we win around 6 or 7 games.

We will see what the rest of the moves are though before I make a real prediction.
Reply/Quote
The eternal optimist has tremendous faith in Burrow.

10 wins.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:18 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Philip Rivers didn’t even start a game until his 3rd season. Little different than being thrown right into the fire like Burrow, no?

Matthew Stafford went 2-8 as rookie.

Andrew Luck had Bruce Arians as his HC for the majority of his rookie season while Pagano was dealing with Leukemia. In what world is he a “weak coach?”

The only example you named that had any success (as a rookie) despite questionable coaching is Mayfield.

The point was you can't just associate losing with only the Head Coach, though it seems some think that.. franchise QBs will still win you a handful of games.  I was not talking about rookie year specific with most of those QBs..but Mayfield did show that you can win games as a rookie even on a team that was perceived to have bad coach and management.. Colts management was highly criticized during Luck time period in those preceding drafts after 2012.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 03:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The point was you can't just associate losing with only the Head Coach, though it seems some think that.. franchise QBs will still win you a handful of games.  I was not talking about rookie year specific with most of those QBs..but Mayfield did show that you can win games as a rookie even on a team that was perceived to have bad coach and management.. Colts management was highly criticized during Luck time period in those preceding drafts after 2012.

The Browns did not have bad management during Mayfield’s rookie season. John Dorsey is a highly respected GM. He helped build the Chiefs into what they are now.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2021, 09:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Browns did not have bad management during Mayfield’s rookie season. John Dorsey is a highly respected GM. He helped build the Chiefs into what they are now.

So you are saying for that one year, they had good management (ie GM and Head Coach), so guess we can be fine this year then after bad last year.. got ya... and what happen to Dorsey and the head coach in a  short time... 

I don't think below agrees with you

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/dont-hire-john-dorsey
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2021, 11:48 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you are saying for that one year, they had good management (ie GM and Head Coach), so guess we can be fine this year then after bad last year.. got ya... and what happen to Dorsey and the head coach in a  short time... 

I don't think below agrees with you

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/browns-maven-features/dont-hire-john-dorsey

Never said they had good coaching, I said they had a good GM. And they did. A biased clickbait article from someone who covers the Browns doesn’t prove otherwise. Dorsey’s track record speaks for itself.

Reply/Quote