Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary
(05-11-2017, 04:49 PM)Benton Wrote: The secret service has no right to kick you out of a public place because they don't like you.

Edit to add, if I remember right, it was the capitol police, not the ss.

They don't like most people that attempt to breech their security corridor. The Capitol police arrested him because of his actions toward the Secret Service.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-12-2017, 08:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: They don't like most people that attempt to breech their security corridor. The Capitol police arrested him because of his actions toward the Secret Service.

What were those actions?
(05-12-2017, 11:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What were those actions?

I was not there; however the report categorizes them as aggressive.

(05-12-2017, 11:56 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I was not there; however the report categorizes them as aggressive.

So you don't know.  

Former North Charleston police officer Micheal Slager fatally shot an unarmed man five times in the back as he was fleeing after a traffic stop for a broken tail light and claimed the man grabbed his taser.  Kinda hard to simultaneously grab a police officer's taser while running the **** away.  At least you have an open mind regarding these "aggressive" "breaches."
"Aggressive"

Lovely word.  Can loosely cover any action the "victim" being asked questions doesn't like.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-12-2017, 12:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: "Aggressive"

Lovely word.  Can loosely cover any action the "victim" being asked questions doesn't like.

Trump is innocent until proven guilty of sexual harrassment/assault.  But, if you're a reporter asking questions of a public servent or a passenger who won't give up a seat you paid for because the airline overbooked the flight, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Thank mighty Thor people with open minds reserve judgement until they get all the "facts."
(05-12-2017, 12:56 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump is innocent until proven guilty of sexual harrassment/assault.  But, if you're a reporter asking questions of a public servent or a passenger who won't give up a seat you paid for because the airline overbooked the flight, you're guilty until proven innocent.

Thank mighty Thor people with open minds reserve judgement until they get all the "facts."

Nobody said he is guilty.  They are saying why he was arrested.  The Secret Service may have overstepped, and that will be determined.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-12-2017, 01:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody said he is guilty.  They are saying why he was arrested.  The Secret Service may have overstepped, and that will be determined.  

So far "they" have accepted he was "aggressively breaching" the security corridor as fact which would mean he is guilty. Even though "they" don't know what the reporter did.
(05-12-2017, 01:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Nobody said he is guilty.  They are saying why he was arrested.  The Secret Service may have overstepped, and that will be determined.  

Just for clarity, it was capitol police, not the secret service.

Take out the ss, journalist and public official and its a story where a guy was loudly asking questions and walking fast in a public hallway and the local police arrested him for it.
(05-12-2017, 12:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So you don't know.  

As I have admitted I was not there. I have nothing to go on other than the police report. But apparently Benton was on site:
(05-12-2017, 02:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Take out the ss, journalist and public official and its a story where a guy was loudly asking questions and walking fast in a public hallway and the local police arrested him for it.

This thread is now beyond stupid

Well done all
(05-12-2017, 02:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Just for clarity, it was capitol police, not the secret service.

Take out the ss, journalist and public official and its a story where a guy was loudly asking questions and walking fast in a public hallway and the local police arrested him for it.

"Give him a chance."
(05-12-2017, 02:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Just for clarity, it was capitol police, not the secret service.

Not sure how you take out the Secret Service and a public official in a scenario where someone is accused of try to breech the Secret Service trying to get to a public official. But yeah, IF you do that it does change the dynamic.

If you take away the Public Official and Secret Service. Lee Harvey Oswald was just discharging a weapon in public....

(05-12-2017, 02:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure how you take out the Secret Service and a public official in a scenario where someone is accused of try to breech the Secret Service trying to get to a public official. But yeah, IF you do that it does change the dynamic.

If you take away the Public Official and Secret Service. Lee Harvey Oswald was just discharging a weapon in public....

Bang Head
(05-12-2017, 03:21 PM)GMDino Wrote:  Bang Head

“The above defendant was aggressively breaching the secret service agents to the point where the agents were forced to remove him a couple of times from the area walking up the hallway in the main building of the Capitol,” the complaint states. It adds Heyman caused a disturbance by “yelling questions at Ms. Conway and Secretary Price.”

The misdemeanor carries a possible fine of $100 and up to six months in jail.

He was arrested by the Capitol Police for trying to breech the Secret Service,

As I said: removing the secret service from the equation doesn't make much sense, but apparently, that's just me. Keep banging your head.

(05-12-2017, 02:26 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So far "they" have accepted he was "aggressively breaching" the security corridor as fact which would mean he is guilty. Even though "they" don't know what the reporter did.

No so far he did not listen to the Secret Service's orders.  That gets you arrested.  Then you determine if the Secret Service overstepped their bounds.  It's really no different than a cop.  You do what they say on site.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-12-2017, 03:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No so far he did not listen to the Secret Service's orders.  That gets you arrested.  Then you determine if the Secret Service overstepped their bounds.  It's really no different than a cop.  You do what they say on site.

From the article . . .

Quote:Heyman, who was wearing his 8-year-old press pass and a shirt with his organization's logo at the time, told reporters that no one who identified themselves as law enforcement — neither Secret Service nor police — asked him to leave the area. He said a person he thought may have been one of Price's aides told him he “probably shouldn’t be there” and he asked why not.

I don't know what happened because there isn't enough information to determine who was right and who was wrong.  The information that is there is conflicting.  If I can't tell, I know others can't, either.
Personal back and forths need to cease, in this thread and others. If you want to discuss the topics, it's encouraged. If you want to discuss each other, get a room.
(05-12-2017, 03:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No so far he did not listen to the Secret Service's orders.  That gets you arrested.  Then you determine if the Secret Service overstepped their bounds.  It's really no different than a cop.  You do what they say on site.

So far that hasn't been said. The reporter has said the contrary, that he hadn't been ordered to leave. The capitol police have said it was breeching the ss detail, that's pretty darn vague given the half the town is an ss detail.

And, again, it was a cop. Not the secret service. Even though that really doesn't matter, since the ss is still required to abide by people's rights. And you still have the right to walk in a public building and ask a public official a question. Price is on taxpayer time and dime.

Shockingly the reporter has stated he did nothing wrong. FWIW, I think as a long time correspondent, the reporter is used to having the run of the Capitol as I doubt Secret Service frequents the WV state capital. But on this occasion they were there protecting a member of POTUS' team.

Reporter probably thought I done this a 1,000 times, I'm not doing anything wrong; however, the rules are a little different when the SS is protecting a National Asset.