Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WANTED: 2014 Bengals Knit hat
No doubt some crack head that lives downtown by the bus terminal is using it for a nutsack or jim dog warmer by now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, please redirect me or move this if it belongs elsewhere:

Looking for the 2014 Bengals on field knit hat...I had one and it was stolen from me when my house was broken into a few years ago and I've been trying to find one but can't.  

Will buy yours or buy you a new 2017 one to replace it if you don't wear it anymore.

PM me if you have one you're willing to give up!

[Image: PROHAT-192-2T.jpg]

I looked online, ebay, and was amazed at the number of Bengal knit hats!  Then, the other day, I was in Columbus and I swear I saw a guy wearing one!  He was a painter, and had paint on his clothes (the hat looked OK) and I stopped him and asked him if he would be willing to sell me his hat.  He laughed and told me to have intercourse with myself.  I told him with a little more tone in my voice that I wasn't kidding and explained the story.  He said that he was sorry and that he assumed I was a steeler fan (almost throat punched him right there...he did take a step back when he saw the disgust on my face) and I was giving him crap.

He went on to tell me that he had been given it as a gift from his dad and his dad recently passed away.  Feeling like shit, I paid for his starbucks and wished him a happy holidays.

Sorry, dude, I thought it was fate, but it wasn't meant to be.  I will keep my eyes peeled.  
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:27 AM)basballguy Wrote: I want to add i've been looking on the internet for months (maybe longer) and i haven't been able to find it...i check things like craiglist, ebay, resell sites and everything.  For whatever reason, this particular one is damn near impossible to find.

I feel like it is a crusade now...I will ask the folks in my section at the next home game (since I won't be going next year) to see if any of them have one....I will pass out pictures.  This has to happen.  If one GD good thing can come from this season, I want you to have your hat.

Two things, Marv is history. Well, one thing...they won't really clean house. 
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:35 AM)jason Wrote: I stole a Bengals glass from a bar around Christmas a few years back... It was full of beer at the time. I didn't lose any sleep over it, and made it right with the Lord... Sadly the wife broke it on accident a lil while back.

Karma...

I am now convinced Karma is not a real thing...how else can a team like pissburgh keep winning with a Pig Rapist of a QB, a Douche Omar Epps of a coach, and a cheating bastard of an owner (in bed with the NFL) and nothing ever happens to them?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:33 PM)basballguy Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, please redirect me or move this if it belongs elsewhere:

Looking for the 2014 Bengals on field knit hat...I had one and it was stolen from me when my house was broken into a few years ago and I've been trying to find one but can't.  

Will buy yours or buy you a new 2017 one to replace it if you don't wear it anymore.

Sorry man, I checked with my nephew, and his was older than this one.....as is mine.  No dice brother..... Whatever

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I feel like if the Bengals put as much effort into scouting as we are trying to find this guys hat...that we'd be like the Patriots!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did you see the link to ebay that I posted above? You can make them an offer and see if they accept it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cincinnati-Bengals-New-Era-knit-pom-hat-beanie-RARE-On-Field-NWT-100-AUTHENTIC/172019317625?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D49452%26meid%3De3eb01e740864a358958c2bbf7d1fd33%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D14%26sd%3D172019317625&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%253Ab9a4743a-c93d-11e7-896e-74dbd1808367%257Cparentrq%253Abaaa8cc515f0a86681133ab7fffde038%257Ciid%253A1

All joking aside...I get what you're doing. I've traded ballcards and stuff like that and eventually bought them to have them back.

I offered on that one ya...i offered 35, 45, then 50 and they were all instant denial....then i offered 1.00 and told the seller to go **** themselves.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I feel like it is a crusade now...I will ask the folks in my section at the next home game (since I won't be going next year) to see if any of them have one....I will pass out pictures.  This has to happen.  If one GD good thing can come from this season, I want you to have your hat.

Two things, Marv is history. Well, one thing...they won't really clean house. 

you'll be my hero
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:35 AM)jason Wrote: I stole a Bengals glass from a bar around Christmas a few years back... It was full of beer at the time. I didn't lose any sleep over it, and made it right with the Lord... Sadly the wife broke it on accident a lil while back.

Karma...

A bunch of friends and I once stole a spatula from Pizza Hut. No reason other than to take a spatula (that we didn't need, btw) We then went through Arby's drive thru and when they asked what we wanted, we yelled, "SPATULA!" and laughed like crazy people and drove off.

True story. Seriously, this actually happened.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 12:34 PM)basballguy Wrote: I offered on that one ya...i offered 35, 45, then 50 and they were all instant denial....then i offered 1.00 and told the seller to go **** themselves.

Wow!
Reply/Quote
I looked all over Amazon and Ebay, and couldn't find it. Typed in every relevant key word imaginable.

Found the same hat for plenty of other teams, just not the Bengals. I'll try again later.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 06:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I looked all over Amazon and Ebay, and couldn't find it. Typed in every relevant key word imaginable.

Found the same hat for plenty of other teams, just not the Bengals. I'll try again later.

Crazy how u can't find it right?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 09:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: Crazy how u can't find it right?

It appears that there were only 3 of them ever made.

These beanie thiefs knew exactly what they were doing!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 12:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO Yep, she got you.  (although I don't consider drunkenly taking a glass of beer from a bar quite the same as breaking and entering, and then stealing children's Christmas presents......lol)

They got a special room in hell for shit like that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I just went to eBay and searched 2014 NFL knit field hats. Scrolled down about halfway and found a seller offering any team for a buy it now price of $19.95. There was a Bengals hat available.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:05 PM)car91 Wrote: I just went to eBay and searched 2014 NFL knit field hats. Scrolled down about halfway and found a seller offering any team for a buy it now price of $19.95. There was a Bengals hat available.

I don't see it. Do you have the link?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't see it. Do you have the link?
Nevermind. I let my wife look at it because she has a ebay business.
I couldn't figure out why I found it so easily. She said it was a false listing. She runs into them from time to time. She spotted it immediately.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 09:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: Crazy how u can't find it right?

Yeah usually it's not hard to find stuff on the net. After spending an hour looking for your hat yesterday, I decided to look for my all-time favorite hat. An Independent Trucks (skateboarding) beanie. I bought it in 2002 and it's been out of production for around 15 years. Found it almost immediately:

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

Yet your rather newish NFL hat is like it never existed. Even though I remember it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Don't have the hat but will give you some reps Basballguy.

Damn thieves stealin Bengals hats and shit. Whatever
Reply/Quote
Have you tried Goodwill or Salvation Army?

And no... I'm not joking.

Especially in the Cincinnati area for any MB members who might partake in this crusade.

I will look in the Columbus area if I have a chance.

Might have to sterilize the dang thing but it's a thought. :andy:
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote