Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WAPO: Trump shared highly classified intel to Russians in Oval Office
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.5a85e6ef5763&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw

Quote:President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

Trump shared more information to the Russians than we've shared to our own allies, according to the source.

Naturally the White House response will be that the issue is this was leaked, not that it happened.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-15-2017, 07:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.5a85e6ef5763&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw

Trump shared more information to the Russians than we've shared to our own allies, according to the source.

Naturally the White House response will be that the issue is this was leaked, not that it happened.

Just saw this on the news at dinner.

You are correct on the WH response.   I do wonder if this something worth talking about though.  There seems to be some debate on which things the POTUS does that are post worthy.  I mean can we relate this to OTHER things the POTUS has done?  Or do we treat this as "just something he said" and "give him a chance?

Hilarious

Other countries must just be howling at how stupid the electorate was...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-15-2017, 07:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.5a85e6ef5763&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw

BPat, how can this NOT go down as anything but a big win for the US. 

Imagine this--the Russians are in the Oval Office with their secret journalist and probably bragging about how good their intel was.  You know, laughing at us stupid Americans. Telling Trump their intel services could help ours if we can't keep up.  Our Domestic intel service only has 35,000 employees and theirs has 40,000--stuff like that.

Then Trump brought the hammer down and told them some real intelligence and a pretty good indication of how we acquired it--stuff our allies don't even know. And shut their mouths good! Their "journalist" probably recorded it all so Putin will get an earful. Maybe Lavrov will be back at the White House soon begging for more lessons from Trump about how good the US Intel services are.

The message is clear.  A new sheriff is in town and you don't talk down to the US. 

I heard through back channels that China and North Korea are also requesting visits to the Oval Office as soon as possible.
#1 The diplomats for a country under investigation and undoubtly guilty if interfering in our election shouldnt have been invited to the white house.

#2 The only press allowed to photograph the encounter was Russian state run media.

#3 Russia has supposedly be helping our enemies in Afghanistan

#4 Russian bombers have been buzzing oir airspace and their jet had a close encounter with our fighter just the other day.

#5 We have a traitor in the oval office. Who can be bought and paid for with russian hooker piss.
Quote:“John McCain probably revealed less to the KGB in 5+ years of torture at the Hanoi Hilton than Trump did in 5 minutes in the Oval Office.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/15/donald-trump-shared-classified-information-russia-white-house-report?CMP=fb_gu
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

ThumbsUp

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/15/trump-told-classified-info-to-russian-officials/101726824/

Quote:Lawmakers slammed reports that President Trump revealed "highly classified information" to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador during a meeting last week at the White House, calling the alleged disclosures "inexcusable" and "very disturbing." 

The Washington Post, citing current and former U.S. officials, reported that Trump provided Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Ambassador Sergey Kislyak classified intelligence that was so sensitive it had been withheld from allies – and under close hold within the U.S. government as well.

"To compromise a source is something that you just don't do," Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said. "That's why we keep the information that we get from intelligence sources so close...to prevent that from happening."

As White House pushed back on the story and criticized the use of anonymous sources, Democrats issued a flurry of statements denouncing Trump's reported actions. Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said Trump owed the intelligence community, Americans and Congress "a full explanation" of what happened.  "If the report is true, it is very disturbing," he said in a statement. "Revealing classified information at this level is extremely dangerous and puts at risk the lives of Americans and those who gather intelligence for our country."

Sen. Mark Warner, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee said that if the news was true, it was "a slap in the face to the intel community."
I read some terrible articles in the past but to be honest I could not make it past:

Quote:The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

"We don't know what it is, but we know he should not be sharing it" and that's only if you believe the report from "officials"

The Russian hysteria currently sweeping the Nation makes me want to go watch Red Dawn (The original, not that remake)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(05-15-2017, 09:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just saw this on the news at dinner.

You are correct on the WH response.   I do wonder if this something worth talking about though.  There seems to be some debate on which things the POTUS does that are post worthy.  I mean can we relate this to OTHER things the POTUS has done?  Or do we treat this as "just something he said" and "give him a chance?

(05-15-2017, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read some terrible articles in the past but to be honest I could not make it past:

"We don't know what it is, but we know he should not be sharing it" and that's only if you believe the report from "officials"

The Russian hysteria currently sweeping the Nation makes me want to go watch Red Dawn (The original, not that remake)

(05-15-2017, 09:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Hilarious

Other countries must just be howling at how stupid the electorate was...
(05-15-2017, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read some terrible articles in the past but to be honest I could not make it past:

Was it hysteria or just plain reality when Russian officials visted the oval office the day after our president fired our FBI director and the only media allowed in our white house for that event was russian media?

I would love to learn i totally hysterically hallucinated that entire event.
(05-15-2017, 09:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Was it hysteria or just plain reality when Russian officials visted the oval office the day after our president fired our FBI director and the only media allowed in our white house for that event was russian media?

I would love to learn i totally hysterically hallucinated that entire event.

Oh, it's not hysteria that the FBI director was fired the same day the Russians visited. The hysteria is the non-stop "The Russians" since then.

Nobody has any idea what, if anything, Trump shared with anybody. Perhaps he did share some classified information with a government that is fighting a similar foe in Syria, perhaps he shared nothing at all.

Or he told Russia all our secrets in a covert effort to destroy the United States and did so after forming a pact with Russia to rig the National Election.

LOL more "fake news," like the Russia investigation and the Comey firing, to set all the libtards hair on fire.  

Nothing in Trump's tenure to this point suggests he could REALLY be played this easily by the Russians, so I doubt we have anything to worry about. Wink

Now on a different subject--remember that in original Red Dawn, it is Cubans and Nicaraguans and other Central Americans who enter the county illegally to do the Russian's dirty work. Imagine how easy that would be with so many of them already here!!!
(05-15-2017, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, it's not hysteria that the FBI director was fired the same day the Russians visited. The hysteria is the non-stop "The Russians" since then.

Like Benghazi only with some "there" there. Hilarious
Diplomatic policy is his to set. If he values Russia as a better ally than European and middle eastern countries, that's his choice.

Ultimately, if trump's fawning and business dealing make it difficult for the intelligence community to do their job, they'll stop keeping him in the loop.that was what happened to Obama after he tried to take a reduced 'boots on the ground' approach than military leaders wanted.
(05-15-2017, 10:23 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL more "fake news," like the Russia investigation and the Comey firing, to set all the libtards hair on fire.  

Nothing in Trump's tenure to this point suggests he could REALLY be played this easily by the Russians, so I doubt we have anything to worry about. Wink

Now on a different subject--remember that in original Red Dawn, it is Cubans and Nicaraguans and other Central Americans who enter the county illegally to do the Russian's dirty work. Imagine how easy that would be with so many of them already here!!!

Oh, my intent was not to dispute the notion that Trump is a Russian spy: I realize that endeavor is fruitless. It was to point out the writing of the article. They give their audience their pound of meat and the audience eats it up.

(05-15-2017, 10:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Diplomatic policy is his to set. If he values Russia as a better ally than European and middle eastern countries, that's his choice.

Ultimately, if trump's fawning and business dealing make it difficult for the intelligence community to do their job, they'll stop keeping him in the loop.that was what happened to Obama after he tried to take a reduced 'boots on the ground' approach than military leaders wanted.

I just can't buy that Trump thought through it that much.  

He was either just showing how important he is (ego) or doesn't even understand the level of intel he's being given (dumb).

Both are more like him than any values he may have.
(05-15-2017, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just can't buy that Trump thought through it that much.  

He was either just showing how important he is (ego) or doesn't even understand the level of intel he's being given (dumb).

This ThumbsUp  

[Image: 689afb6094f968595670a1659cbc77b2.jpg]
Played like a fiddle.
Like I said before the election:  What could possibly go wrong giving a power hungry egomaniac the powerful position in the country?

One that has him above prosecution for most of the things he does that others would be in handcuffs for?

I'm sure many of his (non) supporters felt he would "change" and "grow into the job"..."learn" even.  Because no one is better at adapting to new protocols then a 70 year old who has never been told no in his entire professional life by an underling.

Just another thing to add to the list.

"Give him a chance...."  We'll be hearing that for the next four years.
(05-15-2017, 10:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just can't buy that Trump thought through it that much.  

Fair enough, but the end will be the same. Centcomm and military leadership didn't give a distorted picture of the fighting in the me because of obamas values, they did it because republican leadership in congress wanted to show he was an ineffective leader and the pentagon wanted increased resources.
(05-15-2017, 10:55 PM)Benton Wrote: Fair enough, but the end will be the same. Centcomm and military leadership didn't give a distorted picture of the fighting in the me because of obamas values, they did it because republican leadership in congress wanted to show he was an ineffective leader and the pentagon wanted increased resources.

Like I said...just another thing on the list.

I'd bet there are steps to the POTUS releasing that info that were not done other than that he can just say whatever he wants.
(05-15-2017, 10:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Diplomatic policy is his to set. If he values Russia as a better ally than European and middle eastern countries, that's his choice.

LOL, keeping him IN the loop was already an unprecedented problem. What sort of president shouts "fake news" when his entire 17-member intel service discloses Russian interference in the election?

I am wondering if it's just his choice to reveal intel to our adversaries that even our allies don't have? (if that is what has occurred.)

That's not just disrupting communication between intel services and the president. That rocks our foreign policy and amplifies the already widespread perception that the pilot does not know how to fly the plane.

[Image: 239e4a0df0eda51d2821416b5c4033fa.jpg]