Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WE JUST NEED A NEW COACH
Everyone want to blow things up and rebuild besides for Oline were competent everywhere else roster wise. We Just need a competent head coach in charge of this team. Someone to keep your good players focused not getting star players ejected. Not committing stupid penalties on 3rd down on Defense. Marvin did great to get us out of the 90's we just need a new leader to take the next step.
Reply/Quote
And a new owner. Might as well add entire coaching staff. Sprinkle in bits of a new business model to energize the players and fan base.

Sorry but this current one seems way beyond stale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well fixing the offensive line will go a long way towards being competitive...but there are other smaller issues too.

Not being able to run the ball in the NFL is terrible.
Reply/Quote
It will help only if MB allows new coach to run team instead of MB trying to hamstring him on every decision.

We need a new coach and owner somehow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:25 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It will help only if MB allows new coach to run team instead of MB trying to hamstring him on every decision.

We need a new coach and owner somehow.

Yeah the new HC has to be able to bring in successful processes from his current team.

I fear we'll keep Guenther and go status quo.
Reply/Quote
I don't think we'd win a Super Bowl, but I think if we had a solid NFL line we would be a playoff team. Our passing attack I'm not saying would be destroying people, but I think our run game would do really well. Mixon had some great runs today when holes opened up.

And the defense would have more rest, and would be more efficient.

We'd only be Wild card at best though.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:31 PM)thillan Wrote: I don't think we'd win a Super Bowl, but I think if we had a solid NFL line we would be a playoff team. Our passing attack I'm not saying would be destroying people, but I think our run game would do really well. Mixon had some great runs today when holes opened up.

And the defense would have more rest, and would be more efficient.

We'd only be Wild card at best though.

The AFC is VERY weak this year. Aside from the Steelers, we've played some really bad teams. The Titans are close to leading their division and they aren't that great.

Put 3 good lineman on our line and let us run the ball...and yeah...we could be 6-3 right now. No worse than 5-4.

Put Whitworth, Zeitler, and a Center out there.
Reply/Quote
Give us Jim Harbaugh, let him fill out his staff with full control, fix this o-line and I think we could be a SB team.

I'm sure some will laugh, but the 49ers were a 6-10 team before Harbaugh took over. A new coaching staff can make a team look 100% different.

Just look at the Rams this year. 4-12 under Fisher, with Goff looking like a certified bust. 7-2 this year with Goff looking like a future legend.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. A head coaching change would do wonders for this team. Provided the right man is brought in, of course.
Reply/Quote
Luke Fickell!
Reply/Quote
Nah..bring in some guy whose dad once played on a HS team that was coached by some friends grandpa 80 years ago who knew a guy who knew a guy who once knew a guy that knew Paul Brown. That's the ticket! 
Just think of the wonderful spin job Hobson could give it about "the coaching tree" aspect of it all! Off season articles abound!
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:46 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Give us Jim Harbaugh, let him fill out his staff with full control, fix this o-line and I think we could be a SB team.

I'm sure some will laugh, but the 49ers were a 6-10 team before Harbaugh took over. A new coaching staff can make a team look 100% different.

Just look at the Rams this year. 4-12 under Fisher, with Goff looking like a certified bust. 7-2 this year with Goff looking like a future legend.

I give Whit a little credit for Goff's success as well. 

But point taken.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The AFC is VERY weak this year. Aside from the Steelers, we've played some really bad teams. The Titans are close to leading their division and they aren't that great.

Put 3 good lineman on our line and let us run the ball...and yeah...we could be 6-3 right now. No worse than 5-4.

Put Whitworth, Zeitler, and a Center out there.

A good oline that allows for a productive run game, and no Ken Zampese to start the season, this is a 7 win team, IMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm all for blowing things up in Cincinnati. Well, except dolls. We have enough of them on this team already. Standing on the sideline, half deflated with their mouths wide open. Ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
John cooper is our next head coach!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: John cooper is our next head coach!

NAW! Jim Tressel!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 03:30 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: John cooper is our next head coach!

Aaaaagh!

Don't say that!!!!

I think I just threw up a little.

It probably looks like what John Cooper is being fed in the nursing home.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I disagree about the coach. Not that Marvin doesn't need to go. The only thing that will Change this Team is a New Owner. Bottom line. You could have a Hall of Fame Head coach come in here in fail because of the Owner and his frugal nature.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:01 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I disagree about the coach. Not that Marvin doesn't need to go. The only thing that will Change this Team is a New Owner. Bottom line. You could have a Hall of Fame Head coach come in here in fail because of the Owner and his frugal nature.
Yes, Mikey Brownpants is not only "frugal" to put it nicely, but he has little, if any, football acumen. I think he played QB for Dartmouth in the late 1800s though.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:01 PM)bengals73 Wrote: I disagree about the coach. Not that Marvin doesn't need to go. The only thing that will Change this Team is a New Owner. Bottom line. You could have a Hall of Fame Head coach come in here in fail because of the Owner and his frugal nature.

Winner :andy:
Reply/Quote