Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WELCOME Joseph Ossai, Texas, Edge Rusher Defense
Bengals needed some DEFENSE also. CBS Sports said Bengals needed this after losing Lawson.

And with Trade Back in 2, Bengals have 2 Patriots picks and their own to make 3 Picks In 4 .....GO BENGALS.

Chase, Carman, Ossai...and many more to come.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Great pick. And seen his highlights he sacked and picked off burrow lol.
Reply/Quote
Ossai was a good pick and not expected to get to the third round.
Not exactly how I would have done Day 2, but I think the Bengals got what they needed: a starter at WR, starter at OL, and rotational pass rusher.
Day 3 (assuming no trade up into Rd 3) should bring at least another 1-2 OL, a DT, probably another WR, a RB, and maybe another DE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great player for our pass rush and is crazy versatile. Ossai could be an x-factor type of player.

Really surprised he lasted this long. Liked him even better than Ronnie Perkins.

Hybrid freak DE/LB! Love the pick as long as we grab another OL in the 4th which I am sure we will with 3 damn picks.

The Carman move back I bet will be celebrated down the road.
Reply/Quote
Awesome! Crazy he was there. We need pass rusher so bad and he has massive upside.
Reply/Quote
Ossai is a great pick. I have 3 cousins who graduated from Texas and have watched a good bit of their games (althought I get tired of hearing "Hook'm" sometimes). He's the real deal. Some say he's raw, but the bottom line is he is a baller and will bring it every play from what Ive seen. My cousin just texted me about him a couple minutes ago and also said great pick we will love him.
Reply/Quote
Can’t hate this pick (even if I wanted OL). Feel a little better about our pass rush now.

Reply/Quote
Great pick. Big fan all along but never expected him to last to our third and couldn’t bring myself to mock a DE to us in 2. Steal and fills a need
Reply/Quote
Cause of the Burrow injury some people forgot that our pass rush was just as bad as our O-line if not worse.

Some could argue worse and I would even agree with them. With Hendrickson, Larry O, Ossai, Reiff and Carman we
are sitting so much better than last year. Reader will be back too. Liking this team they are putting together and love
the vid of Zac talking to Jackson. Zac sure is a likeable guy, just win man, that is all we want!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ossai was a good pick and not expected to get to the third round.
Not exactly how I would have done Day 2, but I think the Bengals got what they needed: a starter at WR, starter at OL, and rotational pass rusher.
Day 3 (assuming no trade up into Rd 3) should bring at least another 1-2 OL, a DT, probably another WR, a RB, and maybe another DE.

We currently also need a K
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ossai was a good pick and not expected to get to the third round.

One person said Sports Illustrated said Bengals wanted Carman 2 weeks ago.  CBS says Carman is a mauler who rarely gets pushed back into the QB.  They show him as a Tackle besides Guard.  

So to get LSU combo of Burrow to Chase to team with Boyd and Higgins after AJ Green and Ross gone. 
Then get big Clemson Blocker Carman in 2, plus 2 picks in round 4
Then to get Texas Ossai on Defense, as CBS Sports says, to help replace Lawson gone. 
and now 3 picks in round 4 coming
I LIKE THIS DRAFT A LOT.....GO BENGALS....Excited to see who Bengals add in 4 and 5 with all these picks.  Bengals have many needs areas, but have the picks to Get It Done. 

So far. Powerhouses LSU, CLEMSON, TEXAS. Sounds like a Forrest Gregg type draft. He loved drafting from such Football Areas.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Yeah I really love this pick. I don't know why he fell this far? He makes a lot of plays at big moments. Great highlights. The TV guys raved about his motor. This pick really makes me feel better about our pass rush rotation. I like that he can play a lot of positions too.

We're perfectly set up to add an interior lineman in the 4th with one of our 3 picks. I like attacking the line and pass rush in day 2. These are our biggest areas of weakness. We did well to address these areas but we do still need more line help, and more depth elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
[Image: E0RFg61XoAIAgIi?format=jpg&name=large]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:42 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah I really love this pick. I don't know why he fell this far? He makes a lot of plays at big moments. Great highlights. The TV guys raved about his motor. This pick really makes me feel better about our pass rush rotation. I like that he can play a lot of positions too.

We're perfectly set up to add an interior lineman in the 4th with one of our 3 picks. I like attacking the line and pass rush in day 2. These are our biggest areas of weakness. We did well to address these areas but we do still need more line help, and more depth elsewhere.

I have to watch ABC cause I don't pay for NFL network and Mayock had Ronnie Perkins rated ahead of Ossai and I was like WTF 
when we picked Ossai cause I thought he was already gone like 30 picks before lmao!

Hey, this was the surprise fall I didn't expect at all. Great steal. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:25 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Ossai is a great pick. I have 3 cousins who graduated from Texas and have watched a good bit of their games (althought I get tired of hearing "Hook'm" sometimes). He's the real deal. Some say he's raw, but the bottom line is he is a baller and will bring it every play from what Ive seen. My cousin just texted me about him a couple minutes ago and also said great pick we will love him.

He should be in a good spot. We got some other guys to start, This guy can work on his rawness while getting plenty of snaps to rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
Finally the Bengals drafted a pass rusher!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 11:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great player for our pass rush and is crazy versatile. Ossai could be an x-factor type of player.

Really surprised he lasted this long. Liked him even better than Ronnie Perkins.

Hybrid freak DE/LB! Love the pick as long as we grab another OL in the 4th which I am sure we will with 3 damn picks.

The Carman move back I bet will be celebrated down the road.

Loved ossai u got me on to him when I mocked us Perkins. Love this pick. Carman hopefully proves me wrong but I was not high on him but I do like his size for guard but it was wayyyyyyyyy too early for that pick. Carman should be our pick tmrw
Reply/Quote
We have an extra 6th round pick I’d be perfectly fine with using on a kicker. Counting on being able to just find a good one off the street is not a smart plan. We can’t go into next season with Seibert.

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We have an extra 6th round pick I’d be perfectly fine with using on a kicker. Counting on being able to just find a good one off the street is not a smart plan. We can’t go into next season with Seibert.

I want Evan McPherson Kicker Florida in the 6th or 7th. Agree, draft one, don't just go after the scraps in UDFA.

Kickers are more important than some think. There is a reason teams with Kickers like Vinatieri and Justin Tucker win a lot...
Reply/Quote
I have come back from the dead to say:
great pick.
Reply/Quote