Poll: When does a human being become a human?
Conception
Between conception and birth
At birth (leaving the womb)
Something different (please explain)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When do you become a human being?
Honestly I don't like abortion, but it's not up for me to judge anyone, and I'm certainly not for taking the rights away from rape/incest victims, or when the women's health is in danger. So I think we as Christians overreach in our moral fights sometimes (like we did fighting against Civil Unions just to lose and now they get marriage) when we come out against condoms, birth control, morning after pills etc.

I'm against anything over 8 weeks (I think 20 weeks is too long).

If you are raped I think you should know of any pregnancy within 8 weeks.

None of that has anything to do with the OP tho.

To the op question, I don't know much about the science of it all to determine when "life" really starts.

A heartbeat would be my personal opinion (so I voted something different). So whenever you can hear a heartbeat would be too late for me personally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(07-31-2018, 10:26 AM)Benton Wrote: To the OP:
I think it differs in every case. I don't think you can set a date and say "all clusters of cells staying together at this point will be a real human!" Some babies are born a couple weeks early and don't make it; some are born months early and battle through.

My opinion on the subject doesn't matter a whole lot. I don't like it, but I'm not a woman and, more importantly, not a doctor. I think we have a lot of well intended folks on both sides who have good arguments but woefully few medical degrees. I don't know why the belief of a carpet layer from Pittsburgh should have as much bearing on the viability of an embryo as a medical doctor from Denver.

While the question no doubt colors peoples' opinions about abortion, I'm hoping to steer clear of addressing that controversy here. Rather, I'm really just interested in peoples' opinions on the base question.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
When life begins and when you are considered a human being are two totally different situations.

Life begins at conception. You can say no it doesn't, but you're ignoring basic biology.

WTS, the child does not become a human being until it is separated from it's mother.

I will say 22's post of people wanting to convict a mother that miscarries does nothing to facilitate discussion. Both he and anyone that tried to rationalize it should be ashamed.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-31-2018, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say 22's post of people wanting to convict a mother that miscarries does nothing to facilitate discussion. Both he and anyone that tried to rationalize it should be ashamed.

It is a grey area.  Investigating a miscarraige as a crime  sounds extreme, but most people agree with the new laws that punish women who use drugs while pregnant and have drug addicted babies,
(08-01-2018, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is a grey area.  Investigating a miscarraige as a crime  sounds extreme, but most people agree with the new laws that punish women who use drugs while pregnant and have drug addicted babies,

Oh, a mother's neglect/abuse is a totally different subject than simply saying people want mothers convicted for miscarriages.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]