Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WH and Trump praise departing staffer accused of abuse by two ex wives
http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/politics/trump-rob-porter/index.html?sr=fbCNNp020918trump-rob-porter0122PMVODtop&CNNPolitics=fb

Rob Porter has announced he will step down from his job as staff secretary in the West Wing following a report where two of his ex wives repeated allegations against him of physical and verbal abuse, including photos claiming to show injuries he caused.

John Kelly and Trump were quick to heap praise on Porter, maintaining his claim of innocence and remarking on how good of a job he did in him time at the White House. Kelly and senior aides knew of the allegations months before this report as Porter rose in the ranks in the White House. Kelly did not pressure him to resign, instead he responded to the report by praising his character. The response was written by his current love interest and White House communications director Hope Hicks.

After initial backlash over the apparent lack of concern over domestic abuse allegations, the WH released a second statement expression concern and walking back their initial response.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
John Kelly needs to get fired
People suck
(02-09-2018, 04:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: http://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/politics/trump-rob-porter/index.html?sr=fbCNNp020918trump-rob-porter0122PMVODtop&CNNPolitics=fb

Rob Porter has announced he will step down from his job as staff secretary in the West Wing following a report where two of his ex wives repeated allegations against him of physical and verbal abuse, including photos claiming to show injuries he caused.

John Kelly and Trump were quick to heap praise on Porter, maintaining his claim of innocence and remarking on how good of a job he did in him time at the White House. Kelly and senior aides knew of the allegations months before this report as Porter rose in the ranks in the White House. Kelly did not pressure him to resign, instead he responded to the report by praising his character. The response was written by his current love interest and White House communications director Hope Hicks.

After initial backlash over the apparent lack of concern over domestic abuse allegations, the WH released a second statement expression concern and walking back their initial response.
Kelly is a Drump stooge. He never fought in any war. General my ass.
Remember when people were mad Hillary had a private email server?

Is having a white house full of people who cant even get security clearances yet they get access to all the daily top secret stuff worse?

I think i know the answer
(02-09-2018, 04:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: John Kelly and Trump were quick to heap praise on Porter, maintaining his claim of innocence and remarking on how good of a job he did in him time at the White House. Kelly and senior aides knew of the allegations months before this report as Porter rose in the ranks in the White House. Kelly did not pressure him to resign, instead he responded to the report by praising his character. The response was written by his current love interest and White House communications director Hope Hicks.

LOL White House takes the lead on this important social issue.   Men should be believed. Hilarious
I think we're reaching to condemn Trump for anything here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-09-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we're reaching to condemn Trump for anything here.

I can't say I disagree. I think they have botched this, bad, but I am finding this just to be tiresome. AP had a "breaking" tweet about Trump wishing him well. Really? That is what qualifies as breaking?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-09-2018, 08:33 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I can't say I disagree. I think they have botched this, bad, but I am finding this just to be tiresome. AP had a "breaking" tweet about Trump wishing him well. Really? That is what qualifies as breaking?

It's like the analogy of the Boy that cried Wolf that I have used in the past. Now his constant tweets about "we need more Republicans" is uncalled for; as POTUS is supposed to represent both sides. I'd be ok with "we need more morally conservatives", "we need more pro-military", ect... But when he divides by party, it is unPresidential. 

(02-09-2018, 07:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we're reaching to condemn Trump for anything here.

Agreed.

Although, there is a recurring trend here of Trump putting people who are apparently unqualified, morally bankrupt, under suspicion for breaking the law, or just plane dumb. No, that's not a typo. Some of these guys (Price) are so dumb they can't even figure out when to correctly use a government plane. Which goes against candidate Trump's criticism of previous staff and appointees, and his claims that he was going to appoint really, truly great people.
(02-09-2018, 09:38 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed.

Although, there is a recurring trend here of Trump putting people who are apparently unqualified, morally bankrupt, under suspicion for breaking the law, or just plane dumb. No, that's not a typo. Some of these guys (Price) are so dumb they can't even figure out when to correctly use a government plane. Which goes against candidate Trump's criticism of previous staff and appointees, and his claims that he was going to appoint really, truly great people.

This.

Because he doesn't care or doesn't know.  Either way he's been derelict.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Still trying to verify this from another source.

https://shareblue.com/mike-pence-tries-to-dismiss-white-house-domestic-violence-scandal-as-a-staffing-matter/

Quote:Donald Trump and his highest-ranking officials rushed to defend now-ousted White House senior staffer Rob Porter against multiple allegations of domestic violence, from two ex-wives and one girlfriend.

Chief of staff John Kelly released a statement reiterating his previous statement of support of Porter, but added that he was “shocked” by the allegations, while the White House cut Porter loose after previously stating that he would stick around to ease the transition.

But even hours after those developments, Pence couldn’t muster a syllable of outrage about the violence that Porter is accused of, and for which there are photographs.

During a press gaggle at Yokota Air Force Base on Wednesday, Pence was asked to comment on the scandal and the fact that the White House knew of the allegations when 
Porter was subjected to an FBI background check in February 2017 when he joined the administration.

Pence immediately tried to change the subject. “We’re standing at Yokota Air Force Base in Japan; we’re on our way to the Olympics.”
Pence added that he learned “of those developments” that morning. “And so we’ll comment on any issues affecting White House staff when we get back to Washington.”

Another reporter asked Pence why he “often seem[s] a little bit out of the loop of some of this major news.”

Pence tried to change the subject again. “You know, it’s a great honor for me to serve as vice president,” Pence responded.
“President Trump has been incredibly generous with the responsibilities and opportunities he’s given me to serve, representing the United States on the foreign stage, as we have here in Japan, as we will later today in South Korea, and of course at the Olympics, and also being involved in the legislative process. And I’m very grateful for that.”

He concluded, “But we’ll leave those White House staffing matters for when we get back to Washington.”

"staffing matters".  Sigh.

Edit: Verified.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-vice-president-pence-press-gaggle-air-force-two-departure/
And another white house staffer resigned today for being a dbag.

Why is it reaching to condemn Trump. The only way this guy gets where he is without proper clearance is a green light from Trump i thought. Same way Kusher who cant get clearance has.

Draining the swamp!!!!

Shitty part is the long term damage being done. Lifelong unqualified judges out the wazoo appointed by this awesome judge of character. And the massive damage being done to our FBI and DOJ.
Those that try too hard are cute and actually aid those they continually choose to hate. Fortunately, they think they are "doing something"

A second White House staffer has resigned amid domestic violence accusations.

(02-12-2018, 10:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote:

His lack of a sense of irony or even remembering what he already said and did is amazing.  Bigly.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-06-21-at-1.16.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html
(02-12-2018, 10:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: His lack of a sense of irony or even remembering what he already said and did is amazing.  Bigly.

[Image: Screen-Shot-2014-06-21-at-1.16.jpg]

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/18/opinion/why-trump-doubled-down-on-the-central-park-five.html

I like how he still believes they're guilty despite someone else admitting to it, supplying information the attacker could have known, and a positive DNA match. But they confessed as teens after being coerced and the cops thought they were guilty (even though the DNA came back negative) so I mean they're guilty. 

(02-12-2018, 10:10 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I like how he still believes they're guilty despite someone else admitting to it, supplying information the attacker could have known, and a positive DNA match. But they confessed as teens after being coerced and the cops thought they were guilty (even though the DNA came back negative) so I mean they're guilty. 

His rube supporters are just as bad.  Twitter was filled with references to the Central Park 5 and the Trumpsters yelling that they confessed and were doing "something".

Sad.
[Image: 27750844_1727522160602598_33400207874620...e=5ADD6538]

https://www.snopes.com/trump-jr-women-workforce/
I know we shouldn't mention yet another WH/Trump administration gaffe/lie....but...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/13/fbi-director-wray-timeline-porter-defends-porter-clearance-inquiry-white-house-provided-partial-repo/332947002/

Quote:FBI’s background check on Rob Porter timeline appears at odds with White House version

WASHINGTON –  FBI Director Christopher Wray Tuesday defended the bureau's background inquiry into former White House staff secretary Rob Porter, who resigned last week amid allegations of domestic abuse.

In his first public remarks on the FBI's investigation to determine whether Porter qualified for a security clearance, Wray provided a specific timeline on the inquiry to the Senate Intelligence Committee that appeared to be in conflict with recent White House accounts.

Wray said a "partial report" on Porter was submitted to the White House as early as March, and the FBI submitted a completed review in "late July," he said.

The White House requested follow-up information from the FBI on Porter's review as recently as November, he said, before the bureau "closed the file" in January.

Last week, the White House said it was not aware of the "full nature" of the abuse allegations until Wednesday, just before officials accepted Porter's resignation.

White House spokesman Raj Shah also said last week that Porter’s background investigation was never completed – and was still ongoing. 

The White House, whose handling of the abuse allegations leveled by Porter's two ex-wives has been under fire since they were first disclosed last week, has refused specific comment on when officials first learned of the allegations against Porter and why he was allowed to continue his duties as a top aide to President Trump.

Earlier this month, Wray said the FBI received additional information on Porter and passed that along to the White House. The director did not characterize the nature of that information.

"I'm quite confident that the FBI followed established protocols," Wray said.

Porter, who has denied the allegations he abused two ex-wives, resigned last week. His departure was quickly followed by David Sorensen, a White House speechwriter, also accused of domestic abuse. Sorensen has denied his former wife's claims.

Yet the White House's handling of the matters, specifically Porter, has largely focused on chief of staff John Kelly.

As Porter announced his resignation mid-day Wednesday, Kelly issued a statement calling him "a man of true integrity and honor." Hours later, after pictures surfaced showing one of Porter's ex-wives with a black eye, Kelly issued a more critical statement saying he "was shocked" by "the new allegations released today."

Kelly said in that second statement that "there is no place for domestic violence in our society," but he added that "I stand by my previous comments of the Rob Porter that I have come to know since becoming chief of staff, and believe every individual deserves the right to defend their reputation."