Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IF...?
"What if"s are fun (sometimes).

Here's one: what if, after a couple more losses, Brown fires Marvin and promotes Guenther/Alexander/[Fill the Blank] and we play well, go on to make the playoffs and win a playoff game or 2. Do you still want to see massive coaching changes? Or would you be willing to ride with what seemed to work?

Thoughts?

And feel free to provide your own 'what if'.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think i am on board with the ones that say we need to pretty much do a clean slate regardless just to get this
losing culture the heck out of here. I do like Guenther, Simmons and Urban as our coaches and want to keep a
couple of these guys for sure, if not all 3. But if we win a Playoff game under one of them it is pretty much a 
given that the guy MB hires stays as the HC.

My biggest what if...

What if this O-line continues to be a detriment to the team all season long and we lose more games than last
year because of it? Does PA stick around?
Reply/Quote
Haslett is a possibility.

IF that happened...no. You keep things the same.

That said...with the offensive line...there is a very small chance we start 0-4/5 and make the playoffs and win 1 or 2 games.

IF we lose to Cleveland, we won't beat Buffalo. They currently have the best scoring defense in the NFL. They'll shut our offense down.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think i am on board with the ones that say we need to pretty much do a clean slate regardless just to get this
losing culture the heck out of here. I do like Guenther, Simmons and Urban as our coaches and want to keep a
couple of these guys for sure, if not all 3. But if we win a Playoff game under one of them it is pretty much a 

My biggest what if...

What if this O-line continues to be a detriment to the team all season long and we lose more games than last

I think a new offensive line coach is needed. Clean house.

HOPE you can get a new staff in to overcome management. The new coaching staff would have to be amazing at developing players to make up for who we lose in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think i am on board with the ones that say we need to pretty much do a clean slate regardless just to get this

My biggest what if...

Yeah, I was thinking about it and I'm still on the "clean slate" club. I want ALL the coaches gone. I like Guenther, Simmons, an da couple of the other ones, but I want a whole new coaching staff. If the new HC wants to re-hire those guys, I'll be okay with it.

But, even if an interim HC takes us to the playoffs, if he doesn't get us to, at least, the AFCCG, I think I'd still want to see a whole new coaching staff. But, if MB keeps him around, I'd probably still be a fan of the team.

As to your what if, I think if Lewis goes in the offseason, so will PA, if not the rest of the coaching stafff.
Reply/Quote
I just don't see an interim HC coming in and us basically finishing the season 9-3 or 10-2. That's what it would take to get us to the playoffs if we lose next game.
Reply/Quote
What if the Browns fire Hue at the end of the year. Would people want Hue as the HC here? I really liked him as a OC, but only having 1 win in a season +3 games even if it's with the browns right is pretty bad.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What if the Browns fire Hue at the end of the year. Would people want Hue as the HC here? I really liked him as a OC, but only having 1 win in a season +3 games even if it's with the browns right is pretty bad.

I'd take him as our coach in a second. Hell I'd offer the Browns Marvin Lewis and a pick for him today 
Reply/Quote
This OL doesn't have the talent to help get this team to the playoffs this year.
They aren't going to magically improve by leaps and bounds in that short amount of time with a new HC, especially one that's internal.
This season is and always was going to be a grooming season.

But to answer your WHAT IF - I'd still want coaching changes. The current staff has been around too long with unsatisfactory results, so there's no faith that they could get the Bengals to even a conference championship game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not sure how I feel about promoting say Guenther to Interim HC. Because, if it doesn't work out, we're losing a damn good DC, and then we have two major coaching voids to fill.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:00 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: What if the Browns fire Hue at the end of the year. Would people want Hue as the HC here? I really liked him as a OC, but only having 1 win in a season +3 games even if it's with the browns right is pretty bad.

I like Hue, but if he couldn't have even gotten the Browns to at least 4-5 wins PER SEASON, then I don't want him as our HC. I'll take him as our OC, but not HC. 

I know it's the Browns and they need a lot of work, but there should be SOME improvement to the team after 3 years.
Reply/Quote
a whole house cleaning is whats needed regardless of what an interim coach does.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
What if....we re-signed Andrew Whitworth.

We'd be 2-1 Tongue.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 01:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: "What if"s are fun (sometimes).

Here's one: what if, after a couple more losses, Brown fires Marvin and promotes Guenther/Alexander/[Fill the Blank] and we play well, go on to make the playoffs and win a playoff game or 2. 

If that happens, we have to keep whoever that is because they have some sort of super human powers...
[Image: 29p43f6.png]

Quote:"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Reply/Quote
Why do people like Simmons? Our ST has been a huge liability this year.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I like Hue, but if he couldn't have even gotten the Browns to at least 4-5 wins PER SEASON, then I don't want him as our HC. I'll take him as our OC, but not HC. 

I know it's the Browns and they need a lot of work, but there should be SOME improvement to the team after 3 years.

He's been HC of the browns for 1 season plus 3 games. And it's the Browns! You have got to be kidding me expecting that out of him so quickly. It's the f****** Browns! Cut the guy some slack. If they give him 4 years and draft well they will be a respectable opponent, anything short of that and it's just history repeating itself
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He's been HC of the browns for 1 season plus 3 games. And it's the Browns! You have got to be kidding me expecting that out of him so quickly. It's the f****** Browns! Cut the guy some slack. If they give him 4 years and draft well they will be a respectable opponent, anything short of that and it's just history repeating itself

The Browns are in the middle of a huge roster turnover and still working at building a roster for Hue. it takes 2-3 years at least. 

I expect improvements from the Browns by the end of the season. They have a ton of good draft picks to use. They could be a solid team soon. 
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:24 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The Browns are in the middle of a huge roster turnover and still working at building a roster for Hue. it takes 2-3 years at least. 

I expect improvements from the Browns by the end of the season. They have a ton of good draft picks to use. They could be a solid team soon. 

At some point...they'll need to stop trading their good players for draft picks too.

But yeah...they're roster is on the upswing definitely.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: At some point...they'll need to stop trading their good players for draft picks too.

But yeah...they're roster is on the upswing definitely.

Right. They have to stop "Browning" at some point. I don't expect Hue to stay long if they start pulling what Oakland did on him.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 02:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Right. They have to stop "Browning" at some point. I don't expect Hue to stay long if they start pulling what Oakland did on him.

They hired a baseball guy to run their football team for goodness sake. He's still probably trying to figure out why these guys don't have batting averages.  LMAO
Reply/Quote