Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WHAT IF...?
IF #1…If the interim coaches won it would be hard not to stay pat. But Alexander is part of your equation so do not see this happening.

If #2…..PA should be gone regardless but especially if they do not improve.

If #3…..Hell no on Hue.

If #4……Lazor would become a candidate but not necessarily a given for job.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
What if this offense can score 20-30 points each week? How many wins will the D give us. Or more to the point, what if the D is this good, and the big plays given up the first 2 games was mainly due to lttle to no offense support? Aaron Rodgers did torch us in the end, but he's been doing that to decent defenses for years.
Reply/Quote
Well one thing is for sure. If our Oline suddenly becomes great this season they'll all be suspended next season for steroid use and piano man in jail for supplying them. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:44 AM)grampahol Wrote: Well one thing is for sure. If our Oline suddenly becomes great this season they'll all be suspended next season for steroid use and piano man in jail for supplying them. 

Maybe he could rub steroid cream on the ivory piano keys and invite the lineman over to play. The evidence would be circumstantial at best.  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2017, 01:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He was the OC at Arizona with Kurt Warner's 2nd rise.  I am not sure about his HC tenure at KC, but it wasn't like they were perennial powerhouses before he got there.  I just love the way he gets guys open by design.  Seriously, piggy always has a wide open outlet.  And he practices what to do when a play breaks down.  (I know, novel concept).

We will have a new HC next year and it will probably be Guenther.  But I like Haley from an offensive standpoint.  

Yeah, Haley is a good OC that is for sure.

But we all know just because you are a good Coordinator doesn't mean you are a good Head Coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Haley is a good OC that is for sure.

But we all know just because you are a good Coordinator doesn't mean you are a good Head Coach.

Dick LeBeau agrees.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Haley is a good OC that is for sure.

It's totally different skillsets. Coordinators draw up X's and O's for strategy. A HC motivates the team and sets the high level identity.

That's why a special teams coach like Cowher could be a good HC. He was a good motivator and kept control of the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2017, 09:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's totally different skillsets. Coordinators draw up X's and O's for strategy. A HC motivates the team and sets the high level identity.

That's why a special teams coach like Cowher could be a good HC. He was a good motivator and kept control of the team.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, you're saying Simmons should be our next HC? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote