Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII activated this week?
We can only hope to see our 2016 #1 pick William Jackson III activated this week. With our secondary struggling would love to see what WJIII can do. With that being said Im sure he needs to get into "game" shape but would love to see him start to get some reps at one of the CB positions!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
As much as I'd like to see this I think the injury to Bernard makes it more than likely they activate Peerman. Just a hunch, but I'd love to see what WJIII can do on the field.
Reply/Quote
They activated B.T.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: They activated B.T.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/bengals-activate-thompson-from-pup-move-bernard/bS2RuJHIi78CFXUb1hgK3I/

Quote:Thompson remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list, but clearing him to practice opens a three-week window for the Bengals to make a decision on whether to add him to the 53-man roster or place him on season-ending Injured Reserve.

The Bernard move means the team has an opening on the 53-man roster, which could be filled later this week by either cornerback William Jackson or running back/special teamer Cedric Peerman. Both players are on Injured Reserve, but the team can only bring back one of them.
Reply/Quote
DT - BRANDON THOMPSON ACTIVATED.....for those of us who don't do all these initials.....The injured rookie CB, hey, let's bring him back ONLY when he is ready. ....I would like to see another DT ......Zimmer use to rotate D Linemen. Do we still do that ? We need to....What Zimmer did here worked.....Peko is aging, so if this guy can step up, that would help. We can only top draft so many people and I would like to see a top draft LT and LB with needs at other positions also......IF Brandon Thompson can add something to this team, we could use it. We are not in complete rebuilding mode, but many holes, many questions.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 06:11 PM)NKYRob Wrote: As much as I'd like to see this I think the injury to Bernard makes it more than likely they activate Peerman.  Just a hunch, but I'd love to see what WJIII can do on the field.

A 30 year old career special teams running back being activated over a rookie first round pick is a Marvin Lewis kind of move. The only thing left to do this year is to evaluate talent and gets guys experience. 

If they let Marvin make the call and activate Peerman i hope Katie puts Mike in a retirement home.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A 30 year old career special teams running back being activated over a rookie first round pick is a Marvin Lewis kind of move. The only thing left to do this year is to evaluate talent and gets guys experience. 

If they let Marvin make the call and activate Peerman i hope Katie puts Mike in a retirement home.

It was DT- Brandon Thompson activated......not Jackson, not Peerman. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 08:01 PM)kevin Wrote: It was DT- Brandon Thompson activated......not Jackson, not Peerman. 

Thompson was on the PUP not IR. We will activate WJ3 or Peerman sometime this year. 

Last i saw Thompson started practicing. Meaning we now have 3 weeks to put him on the 53 roster or cut him. I have seen Gio put on IR but we have not made an official move to fill his spot yet. 

We did sign a long snapper to the practice squad. Maybe we just moved Tra Carson to the 53
Reply/Quote
Yeah B. Thompson is on a 21 day practice list, but not on the active 53. Bengals have 21 days to either add him to roster, cut him, or IR him.

It is now down to Peerman or WJ3 to take over Gio's spot on the team. Hard for me to see WJ3 getting a shot when Peerman would be the 3rd RB, and if Dennard hardly sees the starting lineup, what chance does WJ3 have?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Would be nice to see what we have in the kid.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 10:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be nice to see what we have in the kid.

It took almost 3 years for them to finally start Kirkpatrick. We still haven't seen Dennard starting out the outside perimeter outside of the recent injury last game.

Jackson won't see the field for quite a bit.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It took almost 3 years for them to finally start Kirkpatrick. We still haven't seen Dennard starting out the outside perimeter outside of the recent injury last game.

I can only hope no top CB picked in this years draft.....Team went from never drafting CBs high to drafting Joseph, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson. .....I'll point to Joseph and Hall and add it does no good to draft these guys and then not shell out and keep a Joseph teamed with a Hall.  Losing that combo cost us play-off wins because it was Joseph at Houston that shut down Dalton, Green and Bengals back to back years. ....If Kirkpatrick, Dennard or Jackson ever develop into NFL stars then Mike Brown and family must keep the two stars together or these drafts become much to do about nothing........Certainly in 2017, the last thing we need is another CB.  We should be able to go years without drafting high for a CB, if these picks pan out and if ownership pays them if they become star players. ......Sadly Bengals went cheap and broke up combo of Parrish and Riley too early. Also went cheap on Bergey. This teams chances against 1970s Steelers greatly improves if Bengals had not always went cheap and again, it defeats the draft making the draft much to do about nothing. ....Many can maybe remember Bengals going cheap and losing Esiason, Montoya, Dillon, Spikes. ....Letting Nelson, Hall, Jones, Sanu, Smith all go was just Brown Family going cheap and our 2016 record shows. ....It does no good to draft Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson if Bengals are only going to go cheap if any of these three step up and become top NFL players....When a draft pick develops into a star and Bengals refuse to pay him, they always call it adding by subtraction....I call it BS and it makes our drafts a whole lot of nothing.....I thought we were better with Gresham and Eifert because we could attack teams with both at TE, one at TE or both at WR, while not letting defense change players. As usual Bengals saw the cheap move was to not pay one of them. ...This is the future or Kirkpatrick, Dennard and Jackson and all fans will toe the company line and agree poor Mikey should only have to pay two of these picks. I'll be surprised if Bengals keep one of the three even if they all develop into top players. If Bengals keep one of the three, that would be par for the course with this ownership.....Bengals letting go of Nelson, Hall, Jones, Sanu and Smith all at same time has a great deal to do with Bengals only having 3 wins going into December. .....but many fans will stand with Mike Brown and toe the company line as they do on our lack of scouts and only northern team without it's own indoor practice facility. ......So right now you all say the Bengals are a player short.....I'm sure that saves Mike Brown money also....Everything for Mikey Boy.....They could have activated somebody that could actually take the field, but then his contract might kick in once he takes the field and it's cheaper for Mike to just let his team be players short and scouts short and everything short. You know the problem is not Marvin but what Dave Shula on leaving said, it is Mikey Boy......Paul Brown died and we never won another play-off game under cheap, cheap, cheap Mike Brown. That is it right there....You might as well start the Which Of The 3 CBs Do WE Keep threads because Mike Brown has us brainwashed to think like him on money moves. You will never see Kirk, Dennard or Jackson at the top of their games on this team because not only will Mike Brown not pay for it, the fans will be talking breaking them up thinking like Mikey Boy also, making the drafts much to do about nothing.

So the Bengals remain one active player short and that saves Mikey a few bucks to buy Pumpkin her Christmas present. This city reached a level in cheapness when Marge Scott and Mike Brown argued over who had to pay what part of the Riverfront Stadium light bill. That was cheap vs cheap and very much the things Cincy sports are made of. The light bill was fixed by taxpayers buying them separate stadiums. I doubt Reds and Bengals ownership talk to each other to this day, still whining about that light bill of years ago. I will say Castallini has spent money way and beyond Marge or Lindner and baseball doesn't have the revenue sharing Mikey enjoys. Mike benefits from the Rams now in TV rich LA market. There are no excuses for Mikey being as cheap as he is. How cheap is Mikey ? He refused to provide transportation for the Ben-Gals to be at their Super Bowl game in Detroit....Detroit....my word, it's a short bus ride from Cincy up I-75.....The Ben-Gals made their own way there to support the Bengals in that Super Bowl, but that just shows how tight Mikey can pinch a penny.....No surprise to me the 3 win Bengals will be forced to be an active player short the next few weeks. Anything to save a buck with this ownership.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 07:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: A 30 year old career special teams running back being activated over a rookie first round pick is a Marvin Lewis kind of move. The only thing left to do this year is to evaluate talent and gets guys experience. 

Peerman is the smart choice. Special teams fell apart as soon as he was injured. Having him back to Captain that unit would do a lot, not to mention we are down to 2 running backs right now. Everything is not about age, it's about what you bring to the table. WJIII has yet to play an NFL snap and is not ready to see extended playing time.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 09:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Peerman is the smart choice. Special teams fell apart as soon as he was injured. Having him back to Captain that unit would do a lot, not to mention we are down to 2 running backs right now. Everything is not about age, it's about what you bring to the table. WJIII has yet to play an NFL snap and is not ready to see extended playing time.

Sorry, but I completely disagree. 

This season is all but over. Improving the special teams should be the least of our worries at this point. If im the coach or management, I activate WJ3 to get him playing time and in game reps. 

Have we not been down this road before with other recent first round picks? We fail to play them early in their career and when they are finally called upon to start or see playing time, they aren't nearly ready. 

Get the kid some reps and get him ready to contribute next year. Im sick and tired of drafting guys in the first round only to have them rot away on the bench for the first two years of their career. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 06:08 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It took almost 3 years for them to finally start Kirkpatrick. We still haven't seen Dennard starting out the outside perimeter outside of the recent injury last game.

Evidence certainly supports this theory. 

But could not imagine activating him over Peerman and then sitting him on the bench. 

Especially since there is almost nothing to play for except pride left and pride is something not exhibited this season so far.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 11:23 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Sorry, but I completely disagree. 

This season is all but over. Improving the special teams should be the least of our worries at this point. If im the coach or management, I activate WJ3 to get him playing time and in game reps. 

Have we not been down this road before with other recent first round picks? We fail to play them early in their career and when they are finally called upon to start or see playing time, they aren't nearly ready. 

Get the kid some reps and get him ready to contribute next year. Im sick and tired of drafting guys in the first round only to have them rot away on the bench for the first two years of their career. 

What part of "we are almost out of running backs" are you missing?
Reply/Quote