Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII to WFT
https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/03/washington-to-sign-william-jackson-iii
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Good for him.

I bet he will excel in that defense.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
am I the only one who keeps reading WFT as WTF?

Good for him

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great for WJ3. He could become elite over there. With that pass rush. Whew. He has the potential to make us look very bad. I still think two good corners is better than one. But he could definitely prove us wrong.

Washington will have an elite (possibly best) defense next year.
Reply/Quote
How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

I think they're getting a name in the next year or two. 
Reply/Quote
I imagine he'll look a lot better there with an actual pass rush in front of him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
He isn’t elite until he learns how to catch INTs.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:03 AM)pally Wrote: am I the only one who keeps reading WFT as WTF?

Good for him

No. I think it’s a Yoda thing.

Reply/Quote
I hope they don't expect more than 0 to 1 INTs
From him in a single season.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

Branding is a big thing. im sure they have to get it approved now etc...   i think the plan is for them to have their new name unvealed after this season ends. (so they have time to get everything made up before next season)
Reply/Quote

How is that name any worse than Cleveland Browns?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think they should leave it as is. Of course, I think folks should be less sensitive, too.
Reply/Quote

That's a good question, but I will always call them the Redskins despite what they end up with. 
Reply/Quote
Patrick Peterson had two All-Pro and 4 Pro Bowl seasons where he never had more than 2 ints.

If he played here a lot of fans would claim that he stunk.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Patrick Peterson had two All-Pro and 4 Pro Bowl seasons where he never had more than 2 ints.

If he played here a lot of fans would claim that he stunk.

He had 9 seasons where he intercepted 2 or more passes.
His 2nd year in the league he had 7 picks.
He has 28 for his career. 
His resume is much better than WJ.
Peterson also returns punts.

Jackson is a ok CB. Far from great.
His shining play was picking off Aaron Rodgers
For 90 yds.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 12:33 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think they're getting a name in the next year or two. 

I always thought the "Washington Warriors"  made alot of sense...
anyway, regardng WJIII, couldnt be a better situation as a CB....that front four and they have other guys that like tacking too
a win win for WJIII since he shys away from hitting people 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: He had 9 seasons where he intercepted 2 or more passes.
His 2nd year in the league he had 7 picks.
He has 28 for his career. 
His resume is much better than WJ.
Peterson also returns punts.

Jackson is a ok CB. Far from great.
His shining play was picking off Aaron Rodgers
For 90 yds.

I am in no way claiming Jackson is in the same class as Peterson.

just pointing out that interceptions are not the best way to measure a CB.  Interceptions are big plays, but even the best in the league only gets about one every two games.  
Reply/Quote
$14 mil per year for 3 years, $26 mil guaranteed. Sounds about right. Good for him and good for the Bengals going after two guys who are scheme flexible instead. 
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2021, 11:41 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I always thought the "Washington Warriors"  made alot of sense...
anyway, regardng WJIII, couldnt be a better situation as a CB....that front four and they have other guys that like tacking too
a win win for WJIII since he shys away from hitting people 

I doubt you will see them use anything that has any connotation to Native Americans.....
Reply/Quote