Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
WJIII to WFT - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: WJIII to WFT (/Thread-WJIII-to-WFT)

Pages: 1 2

WJIII to WFT - cinci4life - 03-16-2021

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2021/03/washington-to-sign-william-jackson-iii

RE: WJIII to WFT - Murdock2420 - 03-16-2021

Good for him.

I bet he will excel in that defense.

RE: WJIII to WFT - pally - 03-17-2021

am I the only one who keeps reading WFT as WTF?

Good for him

RE: WJIII to WFT - Bengalstripes9 - 03-17-2021

Great for WJ3. He could become elite over there. With that pass rush. Whew. He has the potential to make us look very bad. I still think two good corners is better than one. But he could definitely prove us wrong.

Washington will have an elite (possibly best) defense next year.

RE: WJIII to WFT - TheLeonardLeap - 03-17-2021

How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

RE: WJIII to WFT - Bengalstripes9 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

I think they're getting a name in the next year or two. 

RE: WJIII to WFT - Bengal Dude - 03-17-2021

I imagine he'll look a lot better there with an actual pass rush in front of him.

RE: WJIII to WFT - Gdale_Bengal - 03-17-2021

He isn’t elite until he learns how to catch INTs.

RE: WJIII to WFT - HarleyDog - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 12:03 AM)pally Wrote: am I the only one who keeps reading WFT as WTF?

Good for him

No. I think it’s a Yoda thing.

RE: WJIII to WFT - impactplaya - 03-17-2021

I hope they don't expect more than 0 to 1 INTs
From him in a single season.

RE: WJIII to WFT - XenoMorph - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 12:20 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: How has the NFL not forced them to take a real name yet?

Branding is a big thing. im sure they have to get it approved now etc...   i think the plan is for them to have their new name unvealed after this season ends. (so they have time to get everything made up before next season)

RE: WJIII to WFT - jason - 03-17-2021

How is that name any worse than Cleveland Browns?

RE: WJIII to WFT - Mer - 03-17-2021

I think they should leave it as is. Of course, I think folks should be less sensitive, too.

RE: WJIII to WFT - bengaloo - 03-17-2021

That's a good question, but I will always call them the Redskins despite what they end up with. 

RE: WJIII to WFT - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

Patrick Peterson had two All-Pro and 4 Pro Bowl seasons where he never had more than 2 ints.

If he played here a lot of fans would claim that he stunk.

RE: WJIII to WFT - impactplaya - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Patrick Peterson had two All-Pro and 4 Pro Bowl seasons where he never had more than 2 ints.

If he played here a lot of fans would claim that he stunk.

He had 9 seasons where he intercepted 2 or more passes.
His 2nd year in the league he had 7 picks.
He has 28 for his career. 
His resume is much better than WJ.
Peterson also returns punts.

Jackson is a ok CB. Far from great.
His shining play was picking off Aaron Rodgers
For 90 yds.

RE: WJIII to WFT - kalibengal - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 12:33 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think they're getting a name in the next year or two. 

I always thought the "Washington Warriors"  made alot of sense...
anyway, regardng WJIII, couldnt be a better situation as a CB....that front four and they have other guys that like tacking too
a win win for WJIII since he shys away from hitting people 

RE: WJIII to WFT - fredtoast - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 11:40 AM)impactplaya Wrote: He had 9 seasons where he intercepted 2 or more passes.
His 2nd year in the league he had 7 picks.
He has 28 for his career. 
His resume is much better than WJ.
Peterson also returns punts.

Jackson is a ok CB. Far from great.
His shining play was picking off Aaron Rodgers
For 90 yds.

I am in no way claiming Jackson is in the same class as Peterson.

just pointing out that interceptions are not the best way to measure a CB.  Interceptions are big plays, but even the best in the league only gets about one every two games.  

RE: WJIII to WFT - Bilbo Saggins - 03-17-2021

$14 mil per year for 3 years, $26 mil guaranteed. Sounds about right. Good for him and good for the Bengals going after two guys who are scheme flexible instead. 

RE: WJIII to WFT - Sled21 - 03-17-2021

(03-17-2021, 11:41 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I always thought the "Washington Warriors"  made alot of sense...
anyway, regardng WJIII, couldnt be a better situation as a CB....that front four and they have other guys that like tacking too
a win win for WJIII since he shys away from hitting people 

I doubt you will see them use anything that has any connotation to Native Americans.....