Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WJIII wants out too?
This article makes a statement about WJIII possibly wanting out of Cincy. Has anyone heard this or is this just typical BS speculation?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-bengals-more-open-to-dealing-this-year-with-a-bevy-of-players-wanting-out-of-cincinnati/?fbclid=IwAR3gZ389WOyDhSOWYF-kUxcfGCpNHlsXgNOPQtwXXjvmW-jFCY_eJLI0RFo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's a trend happening now if true..
Reply/Quote
Is there any sign-up sheet for fans wanting out too Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Didn’t this same thing happen with the secondary in NY when Lou was the position coach? Seems like the defense is none too happy.
Reply/Quote
I read this, this morning, too. I think it’s pretty telling that a lot of vets are trying to jump ship. They can see this team is winning nothing with Zac Turner around.

The young guys that don’t know any better and the new FA’s that just got paid won’t be saying anything this season, but next year, if the team and coaches are the same, you’ll be hearing from them too.

A lot, if not most, players know there NFL careers are finite and they can’t waste time on a loser if they want a chance at a title before their time is over.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 01:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Didn’t this same thing happen with the secondary in NY when Lou was the position coach? Seems like the defense is none too happy.

I wonder if it’s a personality issue. Football players want to be violent and aggressive, but Lou seems to want to be passive and play safe zone.
Reply/Quote
I have to say...when they hired ZT I was cautiously optimistic but this experiment with Sean McVay's kid brother protoge' needs to end soon....
This is starting to smell like Davey Shula Part II..
I am nw waiting for Josh Bynes to mess with ZT'S hat on sidelines during a game (if anyone recalls that happening to Shula from LB Gary Reasons?) it was the ultimate sign of a coach thats not taken seriously which I think is what we have bubbling up here .
I think I heard Shula still is running the steak place.....maybe he can hire ZT as a greeter?
Reply/Quote
that steak place is tasty, just come ready with 150 benjamins, and yeah, that's the ultimate, to be demoted so far and have to say "I was once an NFL head coach!!!" Big Grin

the reverse kurt warner. "I was one grocery store bagger!!!" Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Assuming where there's smoke, there's fire, the reasoning behind these disgruntled team members are:
1) The team is not winning enough
2) The coaches are not communicating their personnel changes with the players it's affecting.

I think players can be more accepting of #2 if the team is winning, but they aren't.

Personally, I am not buying what Taylor is trying to sell.
You've now had a full 1+ seasons to implement your scheme.
You got one of the most active free agency seasons in team history to change up your players personnel.
You've had a chance to replace coaches whom you felt needed upgraded.
If this team cannot get to 6+ wins by season's end (requires a 5-5 record, which is doable with WAS, NYG, DAL, HOU, and MIA still left), it will show Taylor's rebuild is not good enough and/or takes too long.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Anthony Munoz for coach.

I have no idea about it but whatever.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 01:32 PM)Destro Wrote: Anthony Munoz for coach.

I have no idea about it but whatever.

I’d take him as the Oline coach in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
Something something Marvin's guys, something something Zac's guys, something something shittalk Bengal player because he doesn't like playing for a clown coaching staff that's a loser.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 01:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This article makes a statement about WJIII possibly wanting out of Cincy.  Has anyone heard this or is this just typical BS speculation?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-trade-deadline-bengals-more-open-to-dealing-this-year-with-a-bevy-of-players-wanting-out-of-cincinnati/?fbclid=IwAR3gZ389WOyDhSOWYF-kUxcfGCpNHlsXgNOPQtwXXjvmW-jFCY_eJLI0RFo

Sounds like BS speculation to me. A lot of national media reporters have an anti-Bengal bias, as we know. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:44 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: Sounds like BS speculation to me. A lot of national media reporters have an anti-Bengal bias, as we know. 

I mean how many players have come out now and said stuff? At some point you stop blaming it on everyone else. Maybe the players just actually don't like this coaching staff. 
Reply/Quote
The author is just pulling names outta his ass. when/where has WJIII said anything about wanting out?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 01:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d take him as the Oline coach in a heartbeat.
Me too. Darrin Simmons for HC. Hue Jackson for OC. Kerry Coombs for DC (Zim v2.0)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
Story may have been false....4 hours ago. WJAXIII may be think it is a good fake story.
Reply/Quote
Even if Jackson was dying to get out he probably would not say anything.  He will be a free agent at the end of the year.  No need to hurt his own reputation if he can get out after this season is over anyway.

Smart thing to do would be just suck it up and keep his mouth shut for 9 more games.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 06:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Even if Jackson was dying to get out he probably would not say anything.  He will be a free agent at the end of the year.  No need to hurt his own reputation if he can get out after this season is over anyway.

Smart thing to do would be just suck it up and keep his mouth shut for 9 more games.

Publicly.

But he could certainly make it clear to management that he has no intention of signing a new deal here so they might look to get something in return before the deadline hits.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2020, 05:57 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Me too. Darrin Simmons for HC. Hue Jackson for OC. Kerry Coombs for DC (Zim v2.0)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Kerry Coombs is just fine where he is thank you. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote