Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR 1 or 2
(03-10-2016, 09:35 PM)pulses Wrote: Sterling Shepard remind me a lot of Antonio Brown.

Yeah baby, i like.

(03-11-2016, 01:01 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I really think we take a hard look at Michael Thomas from ohio state, he has good size strong hands and deceptive speed. also probably the best route runner in college football.

other than that I like Coleman, I also think Braxton miller would be the perfect replacement for sanu just way faster.

I like Thomas for us much more than Miller if we go a OSU WR.

(03-11-2016, 01:36 AM)I cant think of a username Wrote: Thanks! I need to look more at Shepard, I like what I've seen of him though. I think there are a lot of good #2 WR's this year, even if there isn't the elite #1 talent some years have had lately.

For sure, it is not a good draft for #1 receivers but it is a great one for complimentary types.

Damn good thing we already have our #1 unlike some other teams.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: For all the great draft moves the Bengals have made over the past few years, they really got caught with their pants down on the WR group.  They know BOTH Sanu and Jones would be up after this year.  They really need to draft 2 WRs early this year (rounds 1-3).

The abundance of offensive weapons backfired because Marvin jones wanted to have more spotlight on him.

The bengals are clearly not as worried about it, because they aren't signing any wrs in free agency for loco numbers.

all good teams lose players.

I am not too worried.

Aj, Eifert, hill (hopefully bouncing back) is a great trio to surround dalton.

Plus, a solid, solid oline and defense that is improving with youth and talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 12:16 AM)Bengalfan11164 Wrote: The abundance of offensive weapons backfired because Marvin jones wanted to have more spotlight on him.

The bengals are clearly not as worried about it, because they aren't signing any wrs in free agency for loco numbers.

all good teams lose players.

I am not too worried.

Aj, Eifert, hill (hopefully bouncing back) is a great trio to surround dalton.

Plus, a solid, solid oline and defense that is improving with youth and talent.

Don't forget Gio who is great in the passing game and Rex and Kroft.

Plus guys like Alford and Kumerow do have talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If first round, Doctson. People act like he's slow...he ran 0.02 seconds slower in the 40 compared to MLJ...he has enough speed. He has tremendous leaping and catching ability. Good size. Ideal WR2.

I like Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard in the second. Boyd slower but compared very well to Keenan Allen. Shepard dynamic slot receiver and PR. No to Braxton Miller. Can't afford a project at WR right now.

Hands down,to me it has to be JOSH DOCSTON in the first round.He is a baller and to me the best in this draft.Fuller is blazing fast,BUT he is too fraile and will be injured in our division.Take a DT or DE in the second and go get Sterling Shepard in the third.To me this is the proper way to handle this draft year.If both of these receivers are available in the first and third,this would be a no-brainer.If we can accomplish this,we just added 14 points to every game,and to me we have to score more points this upcoming season.You know in our afcn,its going to be a shoot-out with the dirtybirds and the cheatin stoolers.WE MUST score more this coming season than last.Gotta have these two super studs.Please make this happen Mr.DUKE TOBLIN.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2016, 01:42 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Hands down,to me it has to be JOSH DOCSTON in the first round.He is a baller and to me the best in this draft.Fuller is blazing fast,BUT he is too fraile and will be injured in our division.Take a DT or DE in the second and go get Sterling Shepard in the third.To me this is the proper way to handle this draft year.If both of these receivers are available in the first and third,this would be a no-brainer.If we can accomplish this,we just added 14 points to every game,and to me we have to score more points this upcoming season.You know in our afcn,its going to be a shoot-out with the dirtybirds and the cheatin stoolers.WE MUST score more this coming season than last.Gotta have these two super studs.Please make this happen Mr.DUKE TOBLIN.

I think the Bengals would love for Josh Doctson to be there. But the 2 teams in front of us need a WR, and Vikings need one more than we do, and many mocks have doctson going directly before our pick to them. We arent in a great position for a WR, but hopefully the other teams have bigger needs.
Reply/Quote
Leonte Carroo will be a Bengal in Round 2 if he is there
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 10:22 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Leonte Carroo will be a Bengal in Round 2 if he is there

And if Shepard is not there (and I doubt he will be) I'd be very happy with that guy.   He's tough, quick and has great hands.  PFF says he can play in the slot or outside.

Hope you're right.
Reply/Quote
I know many on this message board will not like this or agree, but I think Thomas from the OSU and Paroh Cooper are my favorites.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Treadwell just ran a 4.65 at his pro day. Yikes.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 12:53 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Treadwell just ran a 4.65 at his pro day. Yikes.

4.6 is about right for him. If you were expecting a low 4.5, you're thinking of a different type of player.

Pretty much solidifies his mid-late 1st round grade.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 01:51 PM)Stormborn Wrote: 4.6 is about right for him. If you were expecting a low 4.5, you're thinking of a different type of player.

Pretty much solidifies his mid-late 1st round grade.

I expected around a 4.55 or 4.6 would have liked to see him run a tad bit faster but 4.65 isn't to much of a surprise and I agree it solidifies his mid/late 1st round grade. I do think that it makes it more likely he lasts to our pick/isn't the first WR taken off the board. 
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 02:01 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I expected around a 4.55 or 4.6 would have liked to see him run a tad bit faster but 4.65 isn't to much of a surprise and I agree it solidifies his mid/late 1st round grade. I do think that it makes it more likely he lasts to our pick/isn't the first WR taken off the board. 

I expected better than a 4.6. 
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2016, 10:31 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I expected better than a 4.6. 

Treadwell's one knock is that he is not fast.

This shouldn't surprise anyone. He is great at everything else, he is just slow.
Reply/Quote