Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR 1 or 2
(03-10-2016, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If first round, Doctson. People act like he's slow...he ran 0.02 seconds slower in the 40 compared to MLJ...he has enough speed. He has tremendous leaping and catching ability. Good size. Ideal WR2.

I like Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard in the second. Boyd slower but compared very well to Keenan Allen. Shepard dynamic slot receiver and PR. No to Braxton Miller. Can't afford a project at WR right now.

I'm not crazy about Miller but if he's our 2nd wr taken then it wouldn't be a bad grab. He'll need time but can bring the wildcat factor that sanu did from day one while also being a home run threat every time he touches the ball. That said I don't want him until at least the 3rd
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I'm not crazy about Miller but if he's our 2nd wr taken then it wouldn't be a bad grab. He'll need time but can bring the wildcat factor that sanu did from day one while also being a home run threat every time he touches the ball. That said I don't want him until at least the 3rd

I would be fine with this. Miller should definitely not be the first WR the Bengals take and he shouldn't be selected until the third round.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 08:56 PM)I cant think of a username Wrote: I want Doctson, Coleman, Fuller, or Boyd. I would love to get one of them in the first 2 rounds, along with Miller in the third. I would not take Miller in the first 2 rounds due to his lack of experience at WR and injury history, though i think he will be taken in the late second somewhere.

Nice first posts you have made. These are my guys. Coleman is my fave, he might not have the size but he reminds
me of Steve Smith with his fight, speed and hands. Doctson is my 2nd, Fuller is my 3rd with his speed but he doesn't
have the hands that MLJ has. Boyd is more of a possession receiver but a damn good one. Sterling Shepard i like a
little more than Boyd.

D'runnya Wilson is another thought later in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice first posts you have made. These are my guys. Coleman is my fave, he might not have the size but he reminds
me of Steve Smith with his fight, speed and hands. Doctson is my 2nd, Fuller is my 3rd with his speed but he doesn't
have the hands that MLJ has. Boyd is more of a possession receiver but a damn good one. Sterling Shepard i like a
little more than Boyd.

Sterling Shepard remind me a lot of Antonio Brown.
Reply/Quote
I really think we take a hard look at Michael Thomas from ohio state, he has good size strong hands and deceptive speed. also probably the best route runner in college football.

other than that I like Coleman, I also think Braxton miller would be the perfect replacement for sanu just way faster.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice first posts you have made. These are my guys. Coleman is my fave, he might not have the size but he reminds
little more than Boyd.

Thanks! I need to look more at Shepard, I like what I've seen of him though. I think there are a lot of good #2 WR's this year, even if there isn't the elite #1 talent some years have had lately.
Reply/Quote
This is where I would take some of the Wide Receivers mentioned and in which order..

1st Round
Treadwell
Doctson
Coleman

2nd Round
Boyd
Fuller
Shepherd
Thomas
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:00 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This is where I would take some of the Wide Receivers mentioned and in which order..

1st Round
Treadwell
Doctson
Coleman

2nd Round
Boyd
Fuller
Shepherd
Thomas
I like most of these guys, though I'm not huge on Thomas.  I'd be very excited if we got Shepherd in the 2nd.

I also like Pharoh Cooper and Leonte Caroo in the 2/3rd round
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:00 PM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This is where I would take some of the Wide Receivers mentioned and in which order..

1st Round
Treadwell
Doctson
Coleman

2nd Round
Boyd
Fuller
Shepherd
Thomas

Do you guys think Fuller falls to us in the 2nd? I'd prefer to snag a WR in the 2nd round or later, just depends who is available.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
This is also why I wanted us to draft a receiver last year
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:04 PM)magikod Wrote: Do you guys think Fuller falls to us in the 2nd? I'd prefer to snag a WR in the 2nd round or later, just depends who is available.

I think it's a possibility. I can't see any team looking at him as #1, so I'm thinking mid to late second.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 09:40 PM)Benton Wrote: I think it's a possibility. I can't see any team looking at him as #1, so I'm thinking mid to late second.

I'd agree, if the other WRs didn't run so slow. This is a very slow class and his speed is going to push his stock up more than it usually would. I doubt he gets out of the top 10 in round 2. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 07:23 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: This is also why I wanted us to draft a receiver last year

We did
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We did

Oh right how could I forget the guy that caught 1 pass last year
Reply/Quote
Coleman and Doctson are the best receivers in this draft. Fuller is a 3rd round receiver at best, but because he's a workout warrior his draft stock will soar and he will be a HUGE bust.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 12:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I agree on Mitchell.  The injuries have hurt his draft stock, but could be a late round gem if he can stay healthy.

A question on Mitchell was supposed to be his long speed. He ran a 4.45 at the combine. No doubt the knee is a concern but I'd take him in the 4th to pair with another rookie taken in the 2-3. 

Click on the video and look at the catches around the 1:05 mark:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/malcolm-mitchell?id=2555216#
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I would love treadwell, though i doubt he will be there. However he is falling a little bit due to his speed concerns. I also really like doctson.

I like fuller but he has drop issues. I've never been a fan of drafting a WR that has a problem with the main part of the job. But i'd be cool with drafting him.

The bad part is the Viking are directly in front of us and need a WR as badly or worse than we do, so it may very well be that they take who we plan to take.
Reply/Quote
I could see them going with Coleman in 1 and doubling down with Boyd in 2.

I'd love it too.

Also, if anyone in our front office liked all the gadget stuff Sanu could do and wants to sell a TON of jerseys there is always Braxton.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If first round, Doctson. People act like he's slow...he ran 0.02 seconds slower in the 40 compared to MLJ...he has enough speed. He has tremendous leaping and catching ability. Good size. Ideal WR2.

I like Tyler Boyd or Sterling Shepard in the second. Boyd slower but compared very well to Keenan Allen. Shepard dynamic slot receiver and PR. No to Braxton Miller. Can't afford a project at WR right now.

I like this line of thinking, and could actually see the Bengals drafting a guy like Shepard or Boyd in Round 2 and maybe Braxton Miller in round 3.  I simply can't see too many people risking an early draft pick on a WR with so little experience.  He is a phenomenal athlete, but I would think teams would take proven over potential early in the draft.

Which leaves the Bengals first selection wide open, and I can't help but think that with the deep DE class, they will get a RDE that can create some pressure on the edge.  Not another MJ, Hunt, Clarke clone, but a speedy edge presence.  
Reply/Quote
The nice thing is that there should be at least 1 great receiver left by the time we are up to pick.

I like Doctson a lot.. I also think Andy would have all this TCU love for him that might translate onto the field, weird I know.

Either way, I think if the Bengals set up their board accordingly, there is a good chance we get a stud WR this year in the 1st round... we will see tho.
Reply/Quote