Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR Plan / Double Dip
OK today is the day we are really hoping on a Wide Out,or I'd say we might be in trouble. I have went over these receivers since February. My hope is we take Michael Thomas, will he be available? I have no idea. he is the Bigger Body,catch everything, good route runner,made big plays for Ohio State. Won a Championship. Pair him up with the Other Michael Thomas that's more of a project,and we would have two big bodied receivers that can go long occasionally. If not the project Michael Thomas, then go after the other TCU burner Kolby Listenbee. This is my dream scenario today and can take this offense to another level if the draft ends up like this,I'd be stoked. 2nd option would be the same idea, Tyler Boyd has average speed,but vice grip hands, great route running,catches everything,jumps and gets it at it high point,but he is lighter then Michael Thomas,and I'm concerned for him getting injured because of that but still worth the pick, same thing is to add Listenbee or Thomas on day 3. Id also put a few other guys on that list like Aaron Burbridge as the double dip, or kenyaris garret, malcom mitchell,pharoah Cooper,(edit I'd like to add tajae Sharpe, and Chris Moore from uc) But I think that won't be too good unless we get Boyd or Thomas with them. as for Sterling Shepherd he's only 5'10 and probably going to be a slot guy I like him but if we take him,ummm who's going to play the outside?lefell? No thanks.lefell sucks at going deep not his game. As for the other Wrs in the draft I think they pretty much suck. So what's your opinion? Hurry up 7pm WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 10:39 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: OK today is the day we are really hoping on a Wide Out,or I'd say we might be in trouble. I have went over these receivers since February.  My hope is we take Michael Thomas, will he be available? I have no idea. he is the Bigger Body,catch everything, good route runner,made big plays for Ohio State. Won a Championship. Pair him up with the Other Michael Thomas that's more of a project,and we would have two big bodied receivers that can go long occasionally. If not the project Michael Thomas, then go after the other TCU burner Kolby Listenbee. This is my dream scenario today and can take this offense to another level if the draft ends up like this,I'd be stoked. 2nd option would be the same idea,  Tyler Boyd has average speed,but vice grip hands, great route running,catches everything,jumps and gets it at it high point,but he is lighter then Michael Thomas,and I'm concerned for him getting injured because of that but still worth the pick, same thing is to add Listenbee or Thomas on day 3. Id also put a few other guys on that list like Aaron Burbridge as the double dip, or kenyaris garret, malcom mitchell,pharoah Cooper. But I think that won't be too good unless we get Boyd or Thomas with them. as for Sterling Shepherd he's only 5'10 and probably going to be a slot guy I like him but if we take him,ummm who's going to play the outside?lefell? No thanks.lefell sucks at going deep not his game. As for the other Wrs in the draft I think they pretty much suck. So what's your opinion? Hurry up 7pm WHO DEY

First, you need to learn a thing or two about spaceing! BUT, I do like the idea of the double dip.

That being said, I can't see this team doing it. Hell, I would love it if they traded up to take a wr that would boost this offense, but I have a feeling they will sit there and wait and wait some more.

They still need to take a DT and a LB in this draft, or so we all think they should, and some of those might come today, especially DT. We will see though, I'm just hoping we get at least 1 WR today
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: First, you need to learn a thing or two about spaceing! BUT, I do like the idea of the double dip.

That being said, I can't see this team doing it. Hell, I would love it if they traded up to take a wr that would boost this offense, but I have a feeling they will sit there and wait and wait some more.

They still need to take a DT and a LB in this draft, or so we all think they should, and some of those might come today, especially DT. We will see though, I'm just hoping we get at least 1 WR today

If you look at the DT's still available you have time to wait until the third as there is still tons of talent. I think you could go WR if the right guy is there, or you could even look to a rusher like Ogbah. Lots of talent in this round and we should come out with something really good.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: First, you need to learn a thing or two about spaceing! BUT, I do like the idea of the double dip.

A Dt yes. But Linebacker isn't a muust. With the signing of dansby we are pretty good there,we can also add one way later or a udfa since marvin says he's going to try extra hard for them. Yeah I want one wide receiver today and one on day 3. The only third Rounders I think worth taking is Cooper and burbridge. Braxton Miller I think is a slot gadget,we need a guy to play the outside,so I really want Thomas or Boyd. We will not be in good shape without a WR today.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:12 AM)Au165 Wrote: If you look at the DT's still available you have time to wait until the third as there is still tons of talent. I think you could go WR if the right guy is there, or you could even look to a rusher like Ogbah. Lots of talent in this round and we should come out with something really good.

We don't even NEED a Dt ,everyone would like a upgrade, I think we will look for someone who can play the Gilberry role. We got Peko, Geno, Thompson, sims, deshawn williams, and that other guy I forget his name, there's 6 guys.
Reply/Quote
Just keep on picking BPA. They have built a good team by that strategy & there's no sense in changing that philosophy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Jack falls to us, he will probably end up being our pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:23 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: We don't even NEED a Dt ,everyone would like a upgrade, I think we will look for someone who can play the Gilberry role. We got Peko,  Geno, Thompson,  sims, deshawn williams, and that other guy I forget his name, there's 6 guys.

I think they look for a down the road replacement for Peko and Sims. Gilbery role is and has always been meant for Hardison (he is a former DE who got moved to a DT late so he can play inside and out). I don't think they have to get one, but with all the NT/1 technique talent if one is there it is definitely a value pick, especially in the third.
Reply/Quote
if the DT from Bama slides or Billings grab them in 2... then a WR in 3...

I like double dipping on WRs but my second guy would be a 6th rounder if that german kid is still out there and develop him for a year.

We do have a history of double dipping for WRs.....

Chad/ TJ
Simpson / Caldwell
AJ Green / Whalen
Sanu / Jones
Reply/Quote
Poor Coleman....sorry buddy.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:28 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If Jack falls to us, he will probably end up being our pick.

I hope not I don't want him or Smith,they won't play this year,and I want a ring this year. We need guys who could contribute now,William Jackson can contribute this year,at least they drafted halls replacement,just earlier then I thought.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:45 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I hope not I don't want him or Smith,they won't play this year,and I want a ring this year. We need guys who could contribute now,William Jackson can contribute this year,at least they drafted halls replacement,just earlier then I thought.

Jack will play this year, that isn't as big of a concern. Will he need surgery at some point during this contract is the question now. Smith on the other hand will not play this year, however he is worth a gamble in the late 4th.
Reply/Quote
I would take Jack if he is still there. The Bengals can afford the luxury.

Michael Thomas from OSU and then tge DT from TX makes this draft a stunner. The Shepard kid is possible, too and I would think that would be solid.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:45 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I hope not I don't want him or Smith,they won't play this year,and I want a ring this year. We need guys who could contribute now,William Jackson can contribute this year,at least they drafted halls replacement,just earlier then I thought.

not many of the guys we draft this year will have a big impact... but im hoping for an upgrade at DT who should get to play in a rotation or DE/DT type hybrid.

We didnt lose to many starters outside of WR and S We already had the Saftey in Williams

Wr we signed Lafell who most likely will be the #2 this year. with the rookie getting time @ the 3 spot or if they dont come to a good value pick @ WR maybe on of these teams that just drafted a 1st rounder will be willing to part with one of theirs or we pick up one of the Vets still on the street which frankly might be more of a win now move than drafting a rookie.

I see a WR tonight (maybe in the 3rd if DL goes in 2) though unless they start to get pillaged again.

People are down on tate cause they always are but we havent really seen him in a extended role at WR he has done well in spots but who knows maybe he can be a key cog in the machine. But i still expect another WR be added before OTA's/ camp (includes draft)
Reply/Quote
Garrett/Braverman
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: not many of the guys we draft this year will have a big impact...  but im hoping for an upgrade at DT who should get to play in a rotation or DE/DT type hybrid.

We didnt lose to many starters outside of WR and S  We already had the Saftey in Williams

Wr we signed Lafell  who most likely will be the #2 this year.   with the rookie getting time @ the 3 spot or if they dont come to a good value pick @ WR maybe on of these teams that just drafted a 1st rounder will be willing to part with one of theirs or we pick up one of the Vets still on the street  which frankly might be more of a win now move than drafting a rookie.

I see a WR tonight (maybe in the 3rd if DL goes in 2) though unless they start to get pillaged again.

People are down on tate cause they always are but we havent really seen him in a extended role at WR he has done well in spots but who knows maybe he can be a key cog in the machine.   But i still expect another WR be added before OTA's/ camp (includes draft)

As Dre K would say.  "U got to be kidding me"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 02:47 PM)Bigsmithin Wrote: As Dre K would say.  "U got to be kidding me"

hate if you want. hes made some great grabs for us down the field. the one time he got a good amount of snaps he was forced the be the #2 guy across from sanu... He needs to be on the 3rd/4th DB
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 12:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Garrett/Braverman

I would love this. It would make up for my drunken rampage after watching Doctson/Treadwell go right before us. Still pissed. Zim and Jay can lick my balls.
Reply/Quote
Ive got a feeling we stay on D for the next couple picks.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2016, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: DeShawn Williams is probably going to be in the rotation this season,he had a monster Pre-season and look very good.He is for sure a keeper,he can get after it and its time for him to shine.I see us getting a LB,WR,DE AND A DT.
not many of the guys we draft this year will have a big impact...  but im hoping for an upgrade at DT who should get to play in a rotation or DE/DT type hybrid.

We didnt lose to many starters outside of WR and S  We already had the Saftey in Williams

Wr we signed Lafell  who most likely will be the #2 this year.   with the rookie getting time @ the 3 spot or if they dont come to a good value pick @ WR maybe on of these teams that just drafted a 1st rounder will be willing to part with one of theirs or we pick up one of the Vets still on the street  which frankly might be more of a win now move than drafting a rookie.

People are down on tate cause they always are but we havent really seen him in a extended role at WR he has done well in spots but who knows maybe he can be a key cog in the machine.   But i still expect another WR be added before OTA's/ camp (includes draft)
Reply/Quote