John Ross: 5-11, 194lbs, 24yo
Auden Tate: 6-5, 228lbs, 23yo

On the block
Alex Erickson: 6-0, 195lbs, 27yo
Damion Willis: 6-3, 204lbs, 22yo
Stanley Morgan: 6-0, 189lbs, 23yo
Mike Thomas: 6-1, 189lbs, 25yo
Trenton Irwin: 6-2, 207lbs, 24yo

Additionally, Id rather lock up AJ long term and trade/cut/release Ross. Keep Higgins under AJs wing over his Rookie deal.
Reply/Quote
Going off the back end list, if we keep 6 WRs, then I think the battle for the final spot will be between Thomas and Morgan because of their ST contributions.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:34 PM)thesuicidesquad Wrote: Who makes the cut this year?

Locks
AJ Green: 6-4, 210lbs, 31yo
Tyler Boyd: 6-2, 203lbs, 25yo
Tee Higgins: 6-4, 221lbs, 21yo

On the block

Additionally, Id rather lock up AJ long term and trade/cut/release Ross.  Keep Higgins under AJs wing over his Rookie deal.

If AJ is finally healthy I completely agree. Green, Boyd and Higgins has potential to be a great trio.

Damion Willis is an interesting one to me. Was the hype last year warranted? What did they see early last year that faded away so quickly. It will be intersting to see how big of a step he takes this pre-season.
Reply/Quote

My only locks at WR would be Green, Boyd, and Higgins. I'd like to see if Tate could play the standup TE role, if not he's a solid #4 for us.

Locks
AJ Green: 6-4, 210lbs, 31yo - try to extend 
Tyler Boyd: 6-2, 203lbs, 25yo - completely underappreciated
Tee Higgins: 6-4, 221lbs, 21yo - big bodied and plays the ball well

John Ross: 5-11, 194lbs, 24yo - Find a trade partner, can't stay healthy and drops too many easy balls
Auden Tate: 6-5, 228lbs, 23yo - I'd move to TE

On the block
Alex Erickson: 6-0, 195lbs, 27yo - see if you can get a 5th or 6th rounder, offers more for a team as a returner then he does for us as we have Phillips who should be an adequate punt returner and wilson who was a stud as a kick returner.
Damion Willis: 6-3, 204lbs, 22yo - Between Willis, Morgan, and Thomas see who gives you the best depth as a 4-5 Wr whilst also adding something from a special teams standpoint. I'd say Morgan probably offers the most out of the 3.
Stanley Morgan: 6-0, 189lbs, 23yo -
Mike Thomas: 6-1, 189lbs, 25yo - 

Additionally, Id rather lock up AJ long term and trade/cut/release Ross.  Keep Higgins under AJs wing over his Rookie deal.
Reply/Quote
Erickson or Willis make the cut because of their ST contributions. I disagree with Ross. No he has not panned out yet but he did have some flashes last year. His injury history is concerning but so is AJs. I would trade AJ because he is going to get you the most in return and his replacement is hopefully now here in Higgins.
Reply/Quote
Great problem to have. Erickson is still the return man and can play slot. Ross is still a potential weapon and his dead money is too high, you have to let him play out his contract year, Burrow could really use him.

I think you add Erickson, take the top 6 and hope for the ST spots and they may go ST heavy at DB. They're set even if there is a top 6 injury.
Reply/Quote

Locks

On the block

I can't help but think the Bengal's drafting AJ 2.0 in Higgins is very telling.  Sure, we want to get as much as we can out of Green this year, but I think he isn't being realistic in his contract demands.  

Don't kill me for this, but what if Green was traded to the Pats for Thuney?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can't help but think the Bengal's drafting AJ 2.0 in Higgins is very telling.  Sure, we want to get as much as we can out of Green this year, but I think he isn't being realistic in his contract demands.  

Don't kill me for this, but what if Green was traded to the Pats for Thuney?  

Can the Pats afford it? AJ is set to make about 4m dollars more than Thuney this year.

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can the Pats afford it?  AJ is set to make about 4m dollars more than Thuney this year.

AJ would probably have to re-do his deal, but would he even want to with (right now) Jared Stidham as QB?  Pats have to be doing something.  If they can get Dalton for $10 million per year, it would lower costs vs. Thuney, but damn...they really have nothing....a ton of rookies.  We will see how well Bellicheck coaches here...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can the Pats afford it?  AJ is set to make about 4m dollars more than Thuney this year.

That's more likely than AD for Thuney. I would he okay with it. I would rather have AJ to give Burrow some elite weapons, but protection wi be more vital long term. 
Reply/Quote
I think Erickson and Willis get cut.
Erickson has been reliable plays hard
But at the end of day he just doesn't make enough
Big plays . He's not a threat to score
Willis just didn't offer anything that makes you
Go WOW.
Reply/Quote
Trade John Ross right now, take a 5th for this year or next
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Locks

On the block

Ross is going to play this year 100%.  I think he may finally shine with a new QB and every time he steps onto the field people have to respect the speed.

It seems like Erickson will always be a shoe-in, but don't be surprised if they draft another receiver late for a return guy.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:41 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Erickson or Willis make the cut because of their ST contributions. I disagree with Ross. No he has not panned out yet but he did have some flashes last year. His injury history is concerning but so is AJs. I would trade AJ because he is going to get you the most in return and his replacement is hopefully now here in Higgins.

SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd rather draft a burner at PR, and cut Erickson if the new player beats him out. Or cut one of Willis or Morgan.

Did Morgan or Willis flash on ST last year. If so, I would keep them.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:28 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I'd rather draft a burner at PR, and cut Erickson if the new player beats him out. Or cut one of Willis or Morgan.

Did Morgan or Willis flash on ST last year. If so, I would keep them.

Morgan was huge on ST last year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:29 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Morgan was huge on ST last year.

I'd cut Erickson and Willis, maybe. Out of the back-end roster guys, he's three to four years older than the rest of them. He's only 27, and I like him, but we may get a player that can have a higher ceiling than AE as a player.
Reply/Quote
Who is the returner?
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Who is the returner?

We're talking hypothetically if they drafted one and he beats out Erickson. Or if they got an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 03:24 PM)Okeana Wrote: Ross is going to play this year 100%.  I think he may finally shine with a new QB and every time he steps onto the field people have to respect the speed.

It seems like Erickson will always be a shoe-in, but don't be surprised if they draft another receiver late for a return guy.  

I agree about John Ross.  When healthy, he showed enough last year to make me a believer.  If he can stay upright for an entire season, I think that Burrow will help him put together a highlight reel.

On Erickson, he's durable, consistent, and doesn't cost much.  He's useful in multiple capacities.  It will take an impressive showing from an up and comer to bump him from the roster.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote