Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
WR Room - Who makes the cut this year?
(04-26-2020, 12:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They're keeping 7, people; come on.

That's a bingo.

Erickson and Morgan are the top 2 to make it now, for spots 6 and 7.

Only person who can really threaten them, is Mike Thomas, but I personally feel he won't be there, Zac connections or not.

Thats how I see it. 

AJ
Boyd
Ross
Tate
Higgins

Erickson
Morgan
Thomas

Yea I haven't really thought about what that 5 wide would look like until now. No team in the league can match up to the height advantage of AJ, Higgins, and Tate. Throw Ross in the mix with his holy shit there he goes threat... And Boyd just getting open at will. Hmmm. Gotta at least give that a try
Reply/Quote
People saying to cut or trade Ross...the Bengals wouldn’t save any money if he’s off the team. He’s due to make $5.5 mill this season, all of which is dead cap if not on the team.

You’re basically paying for him to be a Bengal whether he’s on the team or not. So you might as well keep him. See how he does this year to determine whether you extend him or move on from him next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 04:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Who is the returner?

What do you mean? Phillips and Wilson can easily cover return duties.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Erickson is a lock. Not only due to his punt returns, but he has sure hands. He may not get much past the 1st down marker, but he will catch it and get you the 1st down. And at times, he was the only receiver who could seemingly do that.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People saying to cut or trade Ross...the Bengals wouldn’t save any money if he’s off the team. He’s due to make $5.5 mill this season, all of which is dead cap if not on the team.

You’re basically paying for him to be a Bengal whether he’s on the team or not. So you might as well keep him. See how he does this year to determine whether you extend him or move on from him next year.

Yo ochocincos, what is your over/under on retaining Ross?

Is it 600 yards and a few TDs, hey good enough to keep him. Or is it more of a cosmetic thing, it just has to 'feel' right.

I feel he could have a pretty good year next year and fans would still be showing him the door. It's hard to imagine the light will come on, but this team would get a major boost if it did.

For me, if he can make 1-2 big plays a game, I think that is good enough for me to extend him. The Falcons had a guy like him a few years ago on the SuperBowl run and I feel he only made a few catches here and there.... the kid better not ask for much if he wants to stay tho lol
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:23 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Yo ochocincos, what is your over/under on retaining Ross?

Is it 600 yards and a few TDs, hey good enough to keep him. Or is it more of a cosmetic thing, it just has to 'feel' right.

I feel he could have a pretty good year next year and fans would still be showing him the door. It's hard to imagine the light will come on, but this team would get a major boost if it did.

For me, if he can make 1-2 big plays a game, I think that is good enough for me to extend him. The Falcons had a guy like him a few years ago on the SuperBowl run and I feel he only made a few catches here and there.... the kid better not ask for much if he wants to stay tho lol

I’d maybe go 500+ yards, 3+ TDs, 10+ games.
Health more important IMO because targets will be more spread out due to Green coming back and addition of Higgins.

You look to offer him amount based on production, but 10+ games is a must for me to even consider extension.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:41 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Erickson or Willis make the cut because of their ST contributions. I disagree with Ross. No he has not panned out yet but he did have some flashes last year. His injury history is concerning but so is AJs. I would trade AJ because he is going to get you the most in return and his replacement is hopefully now here in Higgins.

I think the Bengals need to open up the playbook for Ross. 

Get him involved in more ways than just a standard WR. Use him on jet sweeps, gadget plays, end arounds, etc. Take advantage of his speed. I think that's where his value will come from in the NFL. He's just not going to be an elite or a number 1 receiver. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: People saying to cut or trade Ross...the Bengals wouldn’t save any money if he’s off the team. He’s due to make $5.5 mill this season, all of which is dead cap if not on the team.

The Ross hate makes people irrational.

TRADE HIM! CUT HIM! Even if it hurts the team lol

You aren't getting a trade for him until he can stay healthy for God sake.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Ross hate makes people irrational.

TRADE HIM! CUT HIM! Even if it hurts the team lol

You aren't getting a trade for him until he can stay healthy for God sake.

or learns to catch the ball reliably....
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 03:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: or learns to catch the ball reliably....

Or run the correct routes consistently....

Not defending Ross just saying the Ross haters get irrational around here.
Reply/Quote
Are we talking how many make the 53? Or gameday 48? Or the practice squad?

For me:
Locks:
1. Green. Trade talk is insane.
2. Boyd.
3. Ross. No trades. It costs us money to release him. We need a speed guy
And he did show some flashes last year.
4. Higgins.
5. Tate.

Good bet:
6. Erickson. Phillips did not return many punts last year that I recall.

I think there is a good chance we keep 7. With more on the PS.

Let us look (with what we have now, which could change)
Offensive starters: Burrow, Mixon, Green, Ross, Boyd, Uzomah, J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Hart.
Defensive starters: Dunlap, Reader, Atkins, Hubbard; Bynes; Waynes, Jackson, Alexander, Bell, Bates.
Kickers/snapper: Huber, Bullock, Harris.

25 down, 28 to go.

Lock offensive actives = 7. Dalton (QB2), Bernard (RB2), Higgins (WR4), Tate (WR5), Sample (TE2), Johnson (OT3/G4-5), Price (G3/C2).

Lock defensive actives = 6. Lawson (DE3), L. Wilson (LB3), Davis-Gaither (LB4), Phillips (CB4/KR2/PR2), S. Williams (SS2), B. Wilson (FS2/KR1).

That is 13. 38 total. 15 more for the roster.

Roster likely (but not certain):
Defense: Tupou, Wren, Kareem, Sims
Offense: Finley, T. Williams, Erickson, Carter, Redmond

Edge of roster/Practice squad: pick 6 for the 53.
Offense: Dolegala, Anderson, Patrick, Schreck, Thomas, Morgan, Willis, Adeniji.
Defense: A. Brown, Glasgow, Bailey, J. Evans, Mabin, McTyer, T. Brown, Rose, Henderson.

That is 17. Not sure what the rules are for PS eligibility. But some of the above guys who do not make the cut are candidates, plus guys like Franks, Irwin, Lodge, Bohringer, Prince, Dugas, Godsil, Akinmoladun, and Sheldon, plus all the UFAs we are collecting.
Reply/Quote
Looking at that "On the Block" list gives me reason to think Scotty Washington has a chance to push someone off the roster. We could end up with 4 WRs 6'4" or taller. I know Erikson is strong in the return game, but Phillips and B. Wilson are, too. We'll see.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Are we talking how many make the 53? Or gameday 48? Or the practice squad?

For me:
Locks:
1. Green. Trade talk is insane.
2. Boyd.
3. Ross. No trades. It costs us money to release him. We need a speed guy
And he did show some flashes last year.
4. Higgins.
5. Tate.

Good bet:
6. Erickson. Phillips did not return many punts last year that I recall.

I think there is a good chance we keep 7. With more on the PS.

Let us look (with what we have now, which could change)
Offensive starters: Burrow, Mixon, Green, Ross, Boyd, Uzomah, J. Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, Su'a-Filo, Hart.
Defensive starters: Dunlap, Reader, Atkins, Hubbard; Bynes; Waynes, Jackson, Alexander, Bell, Bates.
Kickers/snapper: Huber, Bullock, Harris.

25 down, 28 to go.

Lock offensive actives = 7. Dalton (QB2), Bernard (RB2), Higgins (WR4), Tate (WR5), Sample (TE2), Johnson (OT3/G4-5), Price (G3/C2).

Lock defensive actives = 6. Lawson (DE3), L. Wilson (LB3), Davis-Gaither (LB4), Phillips (CB4/KR2/PR2), S. Williams (SS2), B. Wilson (FS2/KR1).

That is 13. 38 total. 15 more for the roster.

Roster likely (but not certain):
Defense: Tupou, Wren, Kareem, Sims
Offense:  Finley, T. Williams, Erickson, Carter, Redmond

Edge of roster/Practice squad: pick 6 for the 53.
Offense: Dolegala, Anderson, Patrick, Schreck, Thomas, Morgan, Willis, Adeniji.
Defense: A. Brown, Glasgow, Bailey, J. Evans, Mabin, McTyer, T. Brown, Rose, Henderson.

That is 17. Not sure what the rules are for PS eligibility. But some of the above guys who do not make the cut are candidates, plus guys like Franks, Irwin, Lodge, Bohringer, Prince, Dugas, Godsil, Akinmoladun, and Sheldon, plus all the UFAs we are collecting.

Dalton shouldn't be a lock.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote