Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morgan Moses Released by WFT
The Bengals won't sign him. Mike Brown was asked in a press conference and here is his response and conversation:

"Morgan Moses is a fine player but we have Michael Jordan on the offensive line. Would you replace a 6 time NBA champion with Moses?"

"Mike, thats not the same Michael Jordan"

"It isn't? Really? Well I dont want to spend the money, we are going to be just fine with the Michael imposter on the front line"

"Mike he was one of the players that missed a block and caused Burrow's injury last year"

"Dammit, I just do not want to spend the money ok? I don't care if his name is Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods or Johnny Bench"

"And therein lies the rub Mr Brown"
Reply/Quote
I think the starting line will actually be
Williams (LT)
Sua Filo (LG)
Hopkins ©
Carman (RG)
Reiff (RT)
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 05:46 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: If we are trying to protect Burrow, we need a better OT backup for when Jonah misses time again. It's that simple. When Jonah gets hurts, moving Reiff to LT and Carman to RT means we're 1 step closer to Jordan playing. If we simply replace Jonah, that means Adeniji or Johnson start. I have hope for Adeniji and the rookies, but the bulk of our OL depth is trash. Signing Moses adds some improved depth.

Exactly. The signing would give another better quality piece. 
Reply/Quote
XSF is a 30 year old career journeyman who has durability issues. He’s a backup at best and any offensive line penciling him in as the starter before the preseason already has a questionable line. If signing Moses would eliminate him from starting, then that’s worth it alone.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:10 AM)jj22 Wrote: It would be a good move that would certainly quiet the concerns on if the Bengals did enough to protect Burrow.

It just isn't a likely move they would make. They seem to think they are set.

The guy is awful in pass protection, no thanks
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 09:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: No offense, but I would trust Pollack to decide who plays where, I am not sure why you think your way would be better than a respected NFL line coach.

But first things first, let's see if they go after him.

Well, of course, if we go after Moses and get him we will see lol

It is just Reiff is a much better pass protector from the OT position and Moses is a much better run blocker...
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 01:52 PM)Synric Wrote: Morgan Moses was as bad as Bobby Hart in pass protection. I would rather he played guard but he is not gonna sign in Cincy to play Guard. 

Probably correct so probably a moot thought.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if it has been stated, but there isn't too many fans of the WFT who are too upset to see this guy gone. Lots of the same as people are saying here about being good in the run game but not so great in pass protection.

This popped up a few times around the web....

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Not sure if it has been stated, but there isn't too many fans of the WFT who are too upset to see this guy gone. Lots of the same as people are saying here about being good in the run game but not so great in pass protection.

This popped up a few times around the web....

That may be one of the worst missed blocks ever.  Who did he think he had?
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 07:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think the starting line will actually be
Williams (LT)
Sua Filo (LG)
Hopkins ©
Carmen (RG)
Reiff (RT)

I think Spain > XSF

I also have a feeling both of the above start the season with Carman starting sometime afterwards.
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 11:03 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think Spain > XSF

I also have a feeling both of the above start the season with Carman starting sometime afterwards.

You may be right about Spain but Carman will definitely start unless he is a flop. 
Watching the 2020 season over and over I thought XSF and Jonah played well together.
They both were good about picking up stunts. Michael Jordan could not pick up stunts and I watched 1 play where a guy did a spin move and went right by Spain as if he disappeared. I think they will keep Spain as a backup for tackle or guard. That way if Reiff was to get hurt we would not have to put XSF at LG and move Spain from LG to RT. I would think they would want the least amount of switching they could do in case of injury.
I wonder if Trey Hill could start at Center moving Hopkins to LG. 
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:44 PM)phil413 Wrote: That may be one of the worst missed blocks ever.  Who did he think he had?

I have no idea, but every time I watch that I just cringe. There is no excuse at all for that one unless he just zoned out on some cheerleader's ass and didn't notice the edge rusher out there.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 07:43 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I think the starting line will actually be
Williams (LT)
Sua Filo (LG)
Hopkins ©
Carmen (RG)
Reiff (RT)

Spain for XSF easy. All the rest are correct
Reply/Quote
(05-21-2021, 10:44 PM)phil413 Wrote: That may be one of the worst missed blocks ever.  Who did he think he had?

Oh my that was a terrible attempt at a block. No thanks. 
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 04:13 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Spain for XSF easy. All the rest are correct

Except for the spelling of Carman's name. He ain't Carmen San Diego or Carmen Electra people...
Reply/Quote

Yeah it's not like there was a guy over him to distract him.  lol  Wow - that is awful.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2021, 12:26 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I have no idea, but every time I watch that I just cringe. There is no excuse at all for that one unless he just zoned out on some cheerleader's ass and didn't notice the edge rusher out there.

It can happen....

Reply/Quote

Cousins completed that pass though
-Housh
Reply/Quote