Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WR at #31
If we’re are going with a dominant 4-wide sets, I would suggest George Pickens as the pick. Get CB in FA, use the rest of the draft for depth (Edge, IDL, TE & OL). Too crazy?
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:32 AM)CoachGeorge Wrote: If we’re are going with a dominant 4-wide sets, I would suggest George Pickens as the pick. Get CB in FA, use the rest of the draft for depth (Edge, IDL, TE & OL).  Too crazy?

Why would we go with 4-wide sets? Did I miss something?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:29 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Why would we go with 4-wide sets? Did I miss something?

past results do not guarantee future results.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
The only way the Bengals will take a WR at #31 is if one slides that is too good to pass up like Treylon Burks.

I'm guessing their board will look more like Corner > DL > TE at #31. Corner and DL I think are going to have some great value at #31 but Tre McBride might be sneaky high on their board.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lol. We can get plenty of good receivers in FA. There are a ton of good enough receivers left for the 4th/5th receiver on a team. This would be a laughable draft pick. To me it would be as dumb as taking a QB. They won't be used often at all unless there is an injury. Don't draft early for in case there is an injury. That's what fa if for. Back up players.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: The only way the Bengals will take a WR at #31 is if one slides that is too good to pass up like Treylon Burks.

I'm guessing their board will look more like Corner > DL > TE at #31. Corner and DL I think are going to have some great value at #31 but Tre McBride might be sneaky high on their board.

I agree. Even a WR like Olave might be hard to pass up. But yeah I have to think corner or dl is at top of list. But they have to be looking at McBride as well since he would fit into the passing offense very nice with his size, catching abilities, and just overall athleticism
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 11:47 AM)Synric Wrote: The only way the Bengals will take a WR at #31 is if one slides that is too good to pass up like Treylon Burks.

(03-22-2022, 12:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I agree. Even a WR like Olave might be hard to pass up. But yeah I have to think corner or dl is at top of list. But they have to be looking at McBride as well since he would fit into the passing offense very nice with his size, catching abilities, and just overall athleticism

I’m all for taking a WR in round one but it’s got to be a top talent falling. Like the two posts I quoted said, Burks or Olave? Yes do that in a heartbeat. A round 2+ talent? No way, trade back or find a better value at another position.
Reply/Quote

I personally think they will have S prioritized over CB.  They have two out of three starting CB's locked up for next year, but both starting S's are UFA's.  

They are pretty well set on the DL, as well.  They need a 3 tech for depth, but I can also see them bringing back Larry O on a cheap 1 year deal once he can pass a physical.  There could be some value at Edge in one or two and you can never have enough pass rushers, but I don't think it's really a need.

They are probably in BPA mode for round 1.  I can see them wanting a S and a CB in the first 4 rounds, though.
Reply/Quote
This WR class is really deep (like they always are nowadays), so I could see one at 63 or 95. But at 31, it'd have to be, like...Garrett Wilson. I think he's the only one good enough to make us take a non-need at 31.
Reply/Quote
Only way you select a WR is if you are moving on from Boyd... now that isn't very likely.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Only way you select a WR is if you are moving on from Boyd... now that isn't very likely.

I agree, but maybe Boyd wants to move on to get more many than being a #3 in Cincy.  Cant blame him, I would understand it.  
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:42 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Only way you select a WR is if you are moving on from Boyd... now that isn't very likely.

At this point, the Bengals are going to have to plan on giving Chase Adams-type money.  That means in two years, you're losing Higgins and/or Boyd.  With the 5th year option, drafting a potential replacement in the 1st this year is basically the same as drafting a replacement in the 2nd next year.  

I'm not saying WR or bust, but if your BPA at 31 is a WR, pull the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 12:57 PM)Whatever Wrote:
I personally think they will have S prioritized over CB.  They have two out of three starting CB's locked up for next year, but both starting S's are UFA's

They are pretty well set on the DL, as well.  They need a 3 tech for depth, but I can also see them bringing back Larry O on a cheap 1 year deal once he can pass a physical.  There could be some value at Edge in one or two and you can never have enough pass rushers, but I don't think it's really a need.

They are probably in BPA mode for round 1.  I can see them wanting a S and a CB in the first 4 rounds, though.

The only way they take a safety at #31 is if they are very far apart in negotiations with Jessie Bates and only then if Daxton Hill falls. Lewis Cline will probably go mid 2nd. 

Unlike safety there is a very good chance the 4th corner will play significant snaps during the season and Defensive Line is a rotation and also possible injuries. While most of the guys they will be looking at at #31 will likely be depth to start Corner and DL have the best chance to see significant snaps year one.

Edit: I keep mentioning Perrion Winfrey as my dark horse for #31 for the Bengals. Captain Lou has been after interior pass rushers in free agency and taken a guy like Cam Sample that is a tweener. The Bengals love their Senior Bowl guys and Winfrey just screams Bengals 3T interior pass rusher in their 4man front.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:49 PM)Synric Wrote: The only way they take a safety at #31 is if they are very far apart in negotiations with Jessie Bates and only then if Daxton Hill falls. Lewis Cline will probably go mid 2nd. 

Unlike safety there is a very good chance the 4th corner will play significant snaps during the season and Defensive Line is a rotation and also possible injuries. While most of the guys they will be looking at at #31 will likely be depth to start Corner and DL have the best chance to see significant snaps year one.

Edit: I keep mentioning Perrion Winfrey as my dark horse for #31 for the Bengals. Captain Lou has been after interior pass rushers in free agency and taken a guy like Cam Sample that is a tweener. The Bengals love their Senior Bowl guys and Winfrey just screams Bengals 3T interior pass rusher in their 4man front.

Love the thought of Winfrey then CB in the draft. Who would be around in 2 that fits our scheme and isn't a reach? Woolen?
Reply/Quote

This and with the Ojabo injury he could be a great talent to add if he falls to us.

Expecting a Corner like Kaair Elam or Andrew Booth the most right now.

Followed by an Edge like Ojabo or Mafe or a DT like Wyatt or Trevor Jones.

A trade back also could be in the equation and grabbing one of these guys or a Perrion Winphrey type player.

Think we will look at a ST's WR like Calvin Austin or Velus Jones after.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:49 PM)Synric Wrote: The only way they take a safety at #31 is if they are very far apart in negotiations with Jessie Bates and only then if Daxton Hill falls. Lewis Cline will probably go mid 2nd. 

They may be farther apart with Bates than people think.  Marcus Williams got a similar deal to what people were discussing with Bates and has been a much more consistent performer.  I can't see the Bengals justifying spending that on a worse player.  I think Brisker will also be high on the Bengals board.  I wouldn't personally take Cine at #31. Keep in mind that Allen played 19% of the defensive snaps last year despite missing 3 games.  It would likely come down to injuries as to which played more.

Another possibility is that if the FA market stays slow up until the draft, if they draft a S they can pull the tag on Bates(assuming he hasn't signed it yet) and use that money towards more FA's, but that depends on what's left out there.

I like Winfrey, but I just don't like him at 31.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: They may be farther apart with Bates than people think.  Marcus Williams got a similar deal to what people were discussing with Bates and has been a much more consistent performer.  I can't see the Bengals justifying spending that on a worse player.  I think Brisker will also be high on the Bengals board.  I wouldn't personally take Cine at #31. Keep in mind that Allen played 19% of the defensive snaps last year despite missing 3 games.  It would likely come down to injuries as to which played more.

Another possibility is that if the FA market stays slow up until the draft, if they draft a S they can pull the tag on Bates(assuming he hasn't signed it yet) and use that money towards more FA's, but that depends on what's left out there.

Brisker is definitely who I want if we are far apart with Bates contract...

Think Brisker can be better than Bates and I always loved Bates but Brisker is a better tackler at this point than Bates was at Wake.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 04:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: At this point, the Bengals are going to have to plan on giving Chase Adams-type money.  That means in two years, you're losing Higgins and/or Boyd.  With the 5th year option, drafting a potential replacement in the 1st this year is basically the same as drafting a replacement in the 2nd next year.  

I'm not saying WR or bust, but if your BPA at 31 is a WR, pull the trigger.

The Bengals still have 4 more years of control on Chase without a single franchise tag being used. At this point they don't need to a single damn thing. If you're busy thinking about using first round draft picks now for what might or might not happen 4 years from now, you'll literally never be able to do anything in the present. 4 years is an eternity and so much can change in that time span.

(03-22-2022, 06:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: They may be farther apart with Bates than people think.  Marcus Williams got a similar deal to what people were discussing with Bates and has been a much more consistent performer.  I can't see the Bengals justifying spending that on a worse player.  I think Brisker will also be high on the Bengals board.  I wouldn't personally take Cine at #31. Keep in mind that Allen played 19% of the defensive snaps last year despite missing 3 games.  It would likely come down to injuries as to which played more.

Yeah, certainly seems like a gap that's not going to be closed.

Think you'd still try to trade him there rather than just outright pull the tag (if unsigned). Granted trading requires him to sign it, but at least you'd hopefully then have some control on where he goes (not in the division) and get a bit of return.

(03-22-2022, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brisker is definitely who I want if we are far apart with Bates contract...

Think Brisker can be better than Bates and I always loved Bates but Brisker is a better tackler at this point than Bates was at Wake.

Give me Daxton Hill. Great speed. Can make a play or two on the ball, can make a read and shoot in to blow it up. Solid tackler, you can see him using his arms to wrap up which shouldn't be a point of praise, buuut... Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 06:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brisker is definitely who I want if we are far apart with Bates contract...

Yeah I agree with you. I like Brisker enough to take him at 31.

Round 1. Brisker S

Round 2. Winfrey DT

Round 3. Jelani Woods TE

Round 4. Alontae Taylor CB
Reply/Quote
Would it be totally stupid to draft a WR and trade Boyd for a known good/decent safety with a longer or more economical contract?

Then figure out what to do with Bates?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote