Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR room, who makes the 53 ?
If they don't go 7, expect guys to be active on PS a few times.

But I think they go 7
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Stanley Morgan is a WR in name only. The dude is kept for his ST prowess. I had the same debate last year when folks were suggesting it was a mistake to keep him. There are 3 phases to the game and a player like Morgan is more valuable than a 5th pass catcher. I also mentioned last year if injury makes it necessary to get a 5th pass catcher they will be there to be had.

That's exactly what happened, when it became necessary we cut Thomas and introduced the world to Irwin. I can easily see Irwin getting his pink slip again this year in lieu of ST aces.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm still on the 6 WR train. 

Chase
Tee
Boyd
TI
Iosivas
Jones

I wouldn't be surprised if they IR designate Jones after final cuts and bring Morgan back but i think TT is the odd man out for the final roster.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I could see either Irwin or Taylor being cut.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:26 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: I could see either Irwin or Taylor being cut.

Irwin is having a great camp and performed well in the game so far and did well in games last season.  He isn't going anyplace.  Taylor on the other hand...

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 07:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I just hope we don't make the HUGE mistake like I was told they did last year by releasing Kendric Pryor.

How was that a mistake... he did nothing in Jacksonville and is probably not even making the practice squad this year. 
Reply/Quote
I don't see Irwin getting cut in any shape or fashion. He's proven it in games when it counts that he has hands like glue. Taylor, well I think that strictly depends on if someone can take the PR job from him in camp. If not, he's a lock as well. At any rate, I see them keeping 7 receivers.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How was that a mistake... he did nothing in Jacksonville and is probably not even making the practice squad this year. 

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8224797]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 12:26 PM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: I could see either Irwin or Taylor being cut.

Irwin put some good stuff on tape last year, did you see the NE game?  Irwin isn't going anywhere, he averages over 15 yds/catch.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Irwin is a lock for WR4. Morgan and Taylor are both vested vets, I believe. So they do not go on waivers if cut. While Jones & Iosivas would. We don't want to expose either guy. I'd expect handshake deals with at least one of Taylor/Morgan to stick around, probably Taylor, given Jobes' injury.

I would anticipate we keep 6, maybe 7 if we go thinner somewhere else (OL, RB, LB).

WR1: Chase
WR2: Higgins
WR3/slot: Boyd
WR4: Irwin
WR5: Iosivas
WR6/slot2: Jones (PR)
-------------

I think those 6 make the team, and Jones goes to IR with the labrum tear, and Taylor/Lassier (probably Taylor) takes that spot, and the PR duties.

If we carry 7, and I doubt we will, it will be Morgan in my scenario. But I'd just let him walk & let Anderson or Ivey or Iosivas take his role on specials. He gives you nada from scrimmage, and I doubt anyone rushes to make him an offer if cut. At least Taylor can return kicks.
Reply/Quote
I think it's seven. The only question mark is Morgan, and I would be surprised if they part with someone they value so much on STs and in goal line packages.

Chase, Higgins, Boyd - duh
Irwin - nearly a lock, Burrow trusts him, and he makes plays more often than not
Jones - fourth round investment is rarely cut
Iosivas - not a lock, but showing enough that he probably hangs
Morgan - critical to special teams, especially if Mike Thomas doesn't stick
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 08:33 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I think we keep 7

Big 3
Irwin
Jones
Yoshi
Morgan

This is exactly what happens
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 01:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8224797]

LOL , sorry i miss read your post... 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 05:39 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I think it's seven. The only question mark is Morgan, and I would be surprised if they part with someone they value so much on STs and in goal line packages.

Chase, Higgins, Boyd - duh
Irwin - nearly a lock, Burrow trusts him, and he makes plays more often than not
Jones - fourth round investment is rarely cut
Iosivas - not a lock, but showing enough that he probably hangs
Morgan - critical to special teams, especially if Mike Thomas doesn't stick

If seven where do you cut, we have not had 7 i believe someone said under Taylor
Reply/Quote
For me I see it this way to start the season:

Wr's

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Irwin
5) Iosivias
6) Jones
7) Morgan

Rb's

1) Mixon
2) Brown
3) Williams

TE

1) Smith
2) Sample
3) Hudson

OL
1) Brown
2) Volson
3) Karras
4) Cappa
5) Williams
6) Scharping
7) Hill
8) Carmen
9) Collins
10) Ford

QB
1) Burrow
2) Simien

ST's

1) Mac
2) Robbins
3) Adomitis

Dline

1) Hendrikson
2) Hubbard
3) Reader
4) Murphy
5) Sample
6) Ossai
7) Hill
8) Carter
9) Tufele

LB's

1) Pratt
2) Wilson
3) ADG
4) Bailey
5) Bachie

CB's

1) Awosie
2) CTB
3) Hilton
4) Jones
5) Davis
6) Turner

S

1) Hill
2) Battle
3) Anderson
4) Scott
5) Thomas/ Evans? I think it comes down to secondary experience/ST or do they want 4 RB"S
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 06:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If seven where do you cut, we have not had 7 i believe someone said under Taylor

Some have suggested it might be an OL, which is possible. I think it could also be a RB. They carried four last year, and I am not sure that's necessary:

Mixon + two of [Brown, Williams, Evans]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 06:32 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: For me I see it this way to start the season:

Wr's

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Irwin
5) Iosivias
6) Jones
7) Morgan

Rb's

1) Mixon
2) Brown
3) Williams

TE

1) Smith
2) Sample
3) Hudson

OL
1) Brown
2) Volson
3) Karras
4) Cappa
5) Williams
6) Scharping
7) Hill
8) Carmen
9) Collins
10) Ford

QB
1) Burrow
2) Simien

ST's

1) Mac
2) Robbins
3) Adomitis

Dline

1) Hendrikson
2) Hubbard
3) Reader
4) Murphy
5) Sample
6) Ossai
7) Hill
8) Carter
9) Tufele

LB's

1) Pratt
2) Wilson
3) ADG
4) Bailey
5) Bachie

CB's

1) Awosie
2) CTB
3) Hilton
4) Jones
5) Davis
6) Turner

S

1) Hill
2) Battle
3) Anderson
4) Scott
5) Thomas/ Evans? I think it comes down to secondary experience/ST or do they want 4 RB"S

I think Ivey is a lock. 

As for the wideouts. I’m ready to usher in the youth movement.  Big 3 and Yoshi, Jones, Lassiter. Joe trusts TI supposedly, but if someone young can get his catches and earn that trust, why not give them the experience with an eye on the future. Yoshi and Jones will contribute to teams along with our 1st - 3rd round picks will be key contributors on teams. We can replace Morgan and TI. If teams is what everyone is concerned with. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2023, 06:32 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: For me I see it this way to start the season:

Wr's

1) Chase
2) Higgins
3) Boyd
4) Irwin
5) Iosivias
6) Jones
7) Morgan

Rb's

1) Mixon
2) Brown
3) Williams

TE

1) Smith
2) Sample
3) Hudson

OL
1) Brown
2) Volson
3) Karras
4) Cappa
5) Williams
6) Scharping
7) Hill
8) Carmen
9) Collins
10) Ford

QB
1) Burrow
2) Simien

ST's

1) Mac
2) Robbins
3) Adomitis

Dline

1) Hendrikson
2) Hubbard
3) Reader
4) Murphy
5) Sample
6) Ossai
7) Hill
8) Carter
9) Tufele

LB's

1) Pratt
2) Wilson
3) ADG
4) Bailey
5) Bachie

CB's

1) Awosie
2) CTB
3) Hilton
4) Jones
5) Davis
6) Turner

S

1) Hill
2) Battle
3) Anderson
4) Scott
Rep for taking it to the next level and predicting the 53. A couple things:

I don't see us keeping 5 Safeties

Ivey makes the 53

LC will be IR'd to free up a spot

We keep 1 less LB and 1 more DL (Gunther over Bachie)

We get to keep a "54th" this year as a QB 3

Reply/Quote
We can roll with 3 running backs and stick one on the practice squad. No team is going to claim Evans unless they are desperate.
Reply/Quote
I'm convinced both Irwin and Iosivas make the 53. So that leaves 1 perhaps 2 spots?

It seems there's a good chance Jones starts out on the IR. So I'd go along with many and say the last two are Morgan and Taylor. SO:

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Irwin
Iosivas
Morgan
Taylor

Jones - IR
Reply/Quote