Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR room, who makes the 53 ?
(08-16-2023, 06:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We all know Tee, Tyler, and Ja'Marr are locks. But who are the other 3 or 4 that make the team ?

Rookies list:

Malachi Carter #88 6' 2" 191 lbs. Georgia Tech

Mac Hippenhammer #14 5' 11' 177 lbs.  Miami (Ohio)

Andrei Iosivas #80 6'3" 212 lbs.  Princeton

Shedrick Jackson #12 6'1" 195 lbs.  Auburn

Charlie Jones #15 6'0" 188 lbs. Purdue

Vets:

Trenton Irwin #16 6'2" 200 lbs. 4th season

Kwamie Lassiter II #18 5'11' 185 1st season

Stanley Morgan #17 6' 205 lbs. 5th season

Trent Taylor #11 5'8" 181 6th season

As it does every year the #'s 4,5,6, and 7 (if there is a 7) come down to special teams. Right now they have 1st team PR Trent Taylor, 2nd Charlie Jones. KR 1st team Chris Evans 2nd Charlie Jones.

Who makes the final cut here will be very interesting.

Irwin
Iosivas
Jones

If keeping 7, add Morgan (ST only)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The top 4 are a lock:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Jones

I do think they keep Morgan, but as others have said - he's more of a gunner than a WR.
Reply/Quote
I dont understand the hype for Morgan as a special teams ace. We heard the exact same thing last year about Mike Thomas as well. Thomas was part of the team until November when he was finally released after not offering anything as a WR. Did special teams all of a sudden implode without our special teams ace Thomas? No, we were just fine without him. I think we will be OK without Morgan.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 06:33 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: We all know Tee, Tyler, and Ja'Marr are locks. But who are the other 3 or 4 that make the team ?

Rookies list:

Malachi Carter #88 6' 2" 191 lbs. Georgia Tech

Mac Hippenhammer #14 5' 11' 177 lbs.  Miami (Ohio)

Andrei Iosivas #80 6'3" 212 lbs.  Princeton

Shedrick Jackson #12 6'1" 195 lbs.  Auburn

Charlie Jones #15 6'0" 188 lbs. Purdue

Vets:

Trenton Irwin #16 6'2" 200 lbs. 4th season

Kwamie Lassiter II #18 5'11' 185 1st season

Stanley Morgan #17 6' 205 lbs. 5th season

Trent Taylor #11 5'8" 181 6th season

As it does every year the #'s 4,5,6, and 7 (if there is a 7) come down to special teams. Right now they have 1st team PR Trent Taylor, 2nd Charlie Jones. KR 1st team Chris Evans 2nd Charlie Jones.

Who makes the final cut here will be very interesting.

My WR's who make the 53 besides our big 3...

Trenton Irwin, Charlie Jones, Andre Iosivas and Stanley Morgan as the last guy and as a ST'er. Morgan can block on Punt Returns
and be a gunner. We will see if we go somewhere else with another Corner or Safety instead of Morgan though, could happen with
the new rules.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 06:03 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I dont understand the hype for Morgan as a special teams ace.  We heard the exact same thing last year about Mike Thomas as well.  Thomas was part of the team until November when he was finally released after not offering anything as a WR.  Did special teams all of a sudden implode without our special teams ace Thomas?  No, we were just fine without him.  I think we will be OK without Morgan.

If Morgan makes Joe look bad like Thomas did he will be gone midseason too.

I would think that special team aces in college with 4.3 speed would be an upgrade on ST.  Tycen and Ivey need to make an impact for Simmons.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 04:32 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The top 4 are a lock:

Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Jones

I do think they keep Morgan, but as others have said - he's more of a gunner than a WR.

Irwin is a lock over Jones, but both will make team I think
Reply/Quote
Andrei Iosivas (#80 6'3" 212 lbs. Princeton), Shedrick Jackson (#12 6'1" 195 lbs. Auburn), and Charlie Jones (#15 6'0" 188 lbs. Purdue) had good games today, with 5, 4, and 4 catches, for about 40 yards each. Jackson, as Bo Jackson's nephew, would seem to have a shot for the practice squad. I think Iosivas and Jones are probably locks for the 53 and tonight's game didn't hurt.
Reply/Quote
This is easy...

Big 3 + Irwin, Yoshi, Jones, & Morgan

Lssiter PS
Jackson kid MAYBE PS
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2023, 08:06 PM)Synric Wrote: You are mis remembering the argument they did make a mistake cutting Kendric Pryor.

The argument was cutting Pryor for Morgan and Thomas who both got a shot playing in 2022 because of injuries and one was even cut a week or two later. They ended up dipping into the practice squad for Trenton Irwin.

Looks like we can correct our mistake by taking advantage of Jacksonville's mistake

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/kendric-pryor-let-go-by-jacksonville/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 05:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like we can correct our mistake by taking advantage of Jacksonville's mistake

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/kendric-pryor-let-go-by-jacksonville/

Again you are mis-representing the argument. Bengals went with 3 special teamers instead of WR prospects in 2022 and it hit them about mid season when they cut one and went through the other two before getting production from the practice squad.

All 3 of the special teams WRs were waived this off-season and only 1 brought back to the practice squad. They knew they made a mistake last off-season and corrected it. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2023, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: My WR's who make the 53 besides our big 3...

Trenton Irwin, Charlie Jones, Andre Iosivas and Stanley Morgan as the last guy and as a ST'er. Morgan can block on Punt Returns
and be a gunner. We will see if we go somewhere else with another Corner or Safety instead of Morgan though, could happen with
the new rules.

I think the same. 

I think Iosivas has shown a lot of promise and could make some plays this season.

I'm not saying he'll have an all-rookie year but I think he'll have some nice plays.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 07:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think the same. 

I think Iosivas has shown a lot of promise and could make some plays this season.

I'm not saying he'll have an all-rookie year but I think he'll have some nice plays.

He made some nice plays in preseason but he also missed several contested balls.  Iosivas still needs some work as does Charlie Jones.  Im not sure the team could count on either one of them at the moment if they had to come in and make plays
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 05:54 PM)Synric Wrote: Again you are mis-representing the argument. Bengals went with 3 special teamers instead of WR prospects in 2022 and it hit them about mid season when they cut one and went through the other two before getting production from the practice squad.

All 3 of the special teams WRs were waived this off-season and only 1 brought back to the practice squad. They knew they made a mistake last off-season and corrected it. 

Nah, not mis-representing. I simply find the argument that we released Pryor was a mistake is funnier now than it was then. Who we kept instead is moot. You can assert it was a mistake to keep players who actually took NFL snaps last year over KP was a "mistake" but it wasn't. Hell if they'd kept me over KP it would not have been a mistake as we both have the same amount of snaps and it looks like neither is going to take the lead in the near future

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 10:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, not mis-representing. I simply find the argument that we released Pryor was a mistake is funnier now than it was then. Who we kept instead is moot. You can assert it was a mistake to keep players who actually took NFL snaps last year over KP was a "mistake" but it wasn't. Hell if they'd kept me over KP it would not have been a mistake as we both have the same amount of snaps and it looks like neither is going to take the lead in the near future

Exactly You are misrepresenting the argument. The original argument was keeping 3 career special teams players over a WR prospect that had a good preseason was a mistake which turned out to be true. You are focused on Kendrick Pryor not taking a snap for the Jaguars but disregarding the fact the Bengals went through 4 backup receivers to get production. The argument was never about Pryor and about the lack of WR depth on 2022 that reared its ugly head because of injuries. 

Edit: This was my argument. I'm the one that said it was a mistake. Not because I thought Kendrick Pryor would be an all pro but not keeping him over Michael Thomas and Stanley Morgan would be a mistake because they offer nothing on offense and that proved to be true.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2023, 10:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Exactly You are misrepresenting the argument. The original argument was keeping 3 career special teams players over a WR prospect that had a good preseason was a mistake which turned out to be true. You are focused on Kendrick Pryor not taking a snap for the Jaguars but disregarding the fact the Bengals went through 4 backup receivers to get production. The argument was never about Pryor and about the lack of WR depth on 2022 that reared its ugly head because of injuries. 

Edit: This was my argument. I'm the one that said it was a mistake. Not because I thought Kendrick Pryor would be an all pro but not keeping him over Michael Thomas and Stanley Morgan would be a mistake because they offer nothing on offense and that proved to be true.

Sure. I'll go with releasing Kendrick Pryor was not a mistake, you can go with it was. 

Reply/Quote