Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR's who ya got ?
(08-04-2017, 01:04 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Put down the weights. Peerman was my favorite player for years I am a huge fan of his. But a 30 year old special teamer only has so much he can offer to the team. You have to move on at some point we cant carry a 35 year old special team guy just cause he can tackle this is the NFL you think we cant replace a guy that makes a few tackles on teams. Like I said in a earlier post if the other guys don't make as big an impact then we keep Peerman but we have to let preseason play out to make that call.

here again is the problem with your thinking.. if you deciding between a future possible roster guy that is on practice squad this year with the solid ST player that will have impact this year on this team.. I roll the dice and put the future on practice squad.. lets be honest very few practice squad guys develop into much anyway.. and every draft we tend to find them anyway... What we don;t always find are All Pro type ST players
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 01:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: here again is the problem with your thinking.. if you deciding between a future possible roster guy that is on practice squad this year with the solid ST player that will have impact this year on this team.. I roll the dice and put the future on practice squad.. lets be honest very few practice squad guys develop into much anyway.. and every draft we tend to find them anyway... What we don;t always find are All Pro type ST players

You keep saying practice squad player he wont be a practice squad player if he makes a big enough impact in the PRESEASON to make the 53 man squad. Cody Core was one of these guys last year rode the bench all year till last two games was not active most of the year they groomed him. Peerman can be replaced and most likely will be replaced this year.

P.S. There is no problem with your thinking or mine. We just don't agree on this issue.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:10 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dared. In fact I dared so much that I forgot that I dared. I betcha the last time you saw I and dared together as the only two words in a sentence was well..now. 

Damned..nobody has suggested cutting AJ to save on cap space? C'mon.. You know you want to.  

No, someone is waiting to say "AJ McCarron and AJ Green to Miami for their first round picks for the next 50 years"
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I expect Wilson to either go on the PUP or to the Practice Squad. He is our future ST's stud after Peerman is gone IMO.

No way they cut Fej man.

Completely agree, if we have to keep just 6 Lafell might have to be traded or something.

Lafell is very solid he just doesn't have the upside of Core or Malone. Would be a huge mistake to cut one of these two.

You cannot teach speed.

Or size  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 12:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think we keep 7, Core, Malone and Erickson being the last 3.

I agree.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, put down the bong for a minute.  Peerman has made the freakin' Pro Bowl, as a Special Teamer..  Just because he doesn't show up in any fantasy stats, don't underestimate his importance to the team.

Exactly.  If you don't understand the importance of special teams and Peerman's impact on them, look at what the Bengals did a year ago with leaving their #1 draft pick on the sidelines and activating Peerman instead.  
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 10:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Exactly.  If you don't understand the importance of special teams and Peerman's impact on them, look at what the Bengals did a year ago with leaving their #1 draft pick on the sidelines and activating Peerman instead.  

We was 3 wins 6 losses and 1 tie when we activated Peerman. If we won out every game which no fan thought we would the last 6 games of last year we would of been 9-6-1 and backed into the playoffs to get beat down yet again. Peerman was activated the last 6 games I would rather of played the first round pick to develop him along with Fisher at RT and Cedric at LT those last 6 game since the season was over at that point. Then we would of had some idea if they could of played those spots or if we needed to draft others to replace them or pick up free agents. Instead we are flying blind into this year and maybe throwing another year away cause we chose to play older vets and not play the young guys to find out if they can play or not.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2017, 12:01 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We was 3 wins 6 losses and 1 tie when we activated Peerman. If we won out every game which no fan thought we would the last 6 games of last year we would of been 9-6-1 and backed into the playoffs to get beat down yet again. Peerman was activated the last 6 games I would rather of played the first round pick to develop him along with Fisher at RT and Cedric at LT those last 6 game since the season was over at that point. Then we would of had some idea if they could of played those spots or if we needed to draft others to replace them or pick up free agents. Instead we are flying blind into this year and maybe throwing another year away cause we chose to play older vets and not play the young guys to find out if they can play or not.

I would have rather seen what WJIII could do as well, but you are missing the point:  that is not what the Bengals thought.  They value Peerman that much.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 12:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, put down the bong for a minute.  Peerman has made the freakin' Pro Bowl, as a Special Teamer..  Just because he doesn't show up in any fantasy stats, don't underestimate his importance to the team.

(08-04-2017, 01:04 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Put down the weights. Peerman was my favorite player for years I am a huge fan of his. But a 30 year old special teamer only has so much he can offer to the team. You have to move on at some point we cant carry a 35 year old special team guy just cause he can tackle this is the NFL you think we cant replace a guy that makes a few tackles on teams. Like I said in a earlier post if the other guys don't make as big an impact then we keep Peerman but we have to let preseason play out to make that call.

I have always liked Peerman in pretty much everything he does. He is one of those backup players that puts a team
over the hump. He is a gritty dude that does the small things that people don't notice. I thought he was going to get
cut last year before he got injured, but when he came back from that injury it is not a coincidence that all of a sudden
our ST's was one of the best in the NFL.

ST's is 1/3 of the team and Peerman is our best ST's player. Until he starts showing some fall off you keep this guy.

Sunset is right.
Reply/Quote