Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR trio
(05-09-2021, 10:45 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  I knew they referenced and he was in yards. His stats over 2 years with a weak team is really impressive,  no doubt one of the top slots in the game.
Thanks

Yep. He's unquestionably top 3 in the NFL for the last few years. ThumbsUp

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 04:54 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because I'm tired of seeing the team held back year after year by subpar OL play. They finally get a chance to go all in and fix it, get Sewell, get Carman, go after it hard and they instead went after it half assed. 

And I'm sick of the crap from the people pre-draft who wanted to say the WR group was worse off then the OL group but now... those same people are all... We got a top 5 WR group. We added 1 guy, that doesn't take you from below average to top 5. Doesn't work that way. And that level of hypocritical bullshit pisses me off and I'm going to call it out.

It's no different then looking at LeonardLeap's sig. Completely accurate.  2020 = "Burrow is the answer, he elevates WRs and the line around him." To.. 2021 = "Burrow can't do it without elite WR's" So he went from Andrew Luck to Andy Dalton in one off-season. 

Again, that type of hypocritical BS I'm going to call out. You call it trolling because you don't like the reality. And the reality is, this team isn't going for a Championship. 

It gets old. I lived through the 90's and watched Mike Brown destroy this team. It's like history is repeating itself here and the team just got a new version of Peter Warrick. The savior!!! And the stands will be filled with #1 jerseys and the team will win 4 or 5 games.... but hey, at least we got the toy that everyone wants the jersey of... cause it looks cool.  Whatever

I'm guessing you jumped on board in the Marvin years and weren't around for the Shula years, the Klingler years, the Akili Smith and Bruce Coslett years. I'm yet to see anyone who was really a fan in the 90's an attending games and living through this nightmare before completely celebrating the pick. There are people who are saying he'll be good and he's an upgrade and so on and so forth, and sure, he will be good but he wasn't what the team needed to actually work towards a Championship. 

Again, my point was this quote is simply untrue.

And I'm sick of the crap from the people pre-draft who wanted to say the WR group was worse off then the OL group but now... those same people are all... We got a top 5 WR group. We added 1 guy, that doesn't take you from below average to top 5. Doesn't work that way. And that level of hypocritical bullshit pisses me off and I'm going to call it out.

No one was saying the WR group was "worse off", and is a mischaracterization of the issue.  NO one said te WR's were "below average".   It was never an either or competition.  Both had deficiencies and people were discussing the best ways to fix both.  We need line help and had the opportunity to get a needed best " X receiver" in draft that fits or scheme and needs.

You disagree and have spent endless posts contorting the information to fit your narrative.  

Attacking my fandom doesn't improve your argument.  I went to a game when our first year in Riverfront Stadium.  I was a season ticket holder for years.  I was on the first Bengals message board at the Cincinnati Enquirer when it got shut down after 9/11.   I followed on other message boards ever since. 

In retrospect, since drafting Carmen virtually everyone agrees we made the right pick. 
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 01:00 PM)yang Wrote: Again, my point was this quote is simply untrue.

No one was saying the WR group was "worse off", and is a mischaracterization of the issue.  NO one said te WR's were "below average".   It was never an either or competition.  Both had deficiencies and people were discussing the best ways to fix both.  We need line help and had the opportunity to get a needed best " X receiver" in draft that fits or scheme and needs.

You disagree and have spent endless posts contorting the information to fit your narrative.  

Attacking my fandom doesn't improve your argument.  I went to a game when our first year in Riverfront Stadium.  I was a season ticket holder for years.  I was on the first Bengals message board at the Cincinnati Enquirer when it got shut down after 9/11.   I followed on other message boards ever since. 

In retrospect, since drafting Carmen virtually everyone agrees we made the right pick. 

The Carman pick actually made it worse for me.  I'm happy with Chase, as I'm a BPA guy (and the Bengals had him there, I didn't, but oh well).

Carman is switching positions and is coming off a back surgery.  I'm not overly comfortable with that pick immediately upgrading our line.  I could easily be wrong, but to place your bet on that one is a little risky.  I would have preferred they signed a top tier IOL in free agency and drafted a true OG earlier.

Hopefully it works out.
Reply/Quote
(05-10-2021, 02:19 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: The Carman pick actually made it worse for me.  I'm happy with Chase, as I'm a BPA guy (and the Bengals had him there, I didn't, but oh well).

Carman is switching positions and is coming off a back surgery.  I'm not overly comfortable with that pick immediately upgrading our line.  I could easily be wrong, but to place your bet on that one is a little risky.  I would have preferred they signed a top tier IOL in free agency and drafted a true OG earlier.

Hopefully it works out.

Carmen's back surgery was very minor, lots of players have it and are back in just a matter of weeks. And he is everything you want in a prototypical guard, big, athletic, mean, road grading run blocker and good pass blocker. The only thing he struggles with is now something he won't have to deal with at Guard. I don't know how anyone can not like this pick.
Reply/Quote