Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR trio
(04-29-2021, 10:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rush 4 get pressure.

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

Those five will include two LBs.  So, yes, I like the options of Boyd, Higgins, or Sample against a LB.  Pointing out that Boyd and Higgins were shut down by two division foes that have strong secondaries isn't shitting on them, it was stating a fact.  

It makes sense if you understand matchups. Oh, and Mixon against a four man front?  Yes, please.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Higgins feasts in that scenario

Yes, and he did against everyone except for the two toughest defenses they faced (which happen to be division foes Baltimore and pitt).  Adding Chase to the mix will help attack those defenses.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:04 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Yes, and he did against everyone except for the two toughest defenses they faced (which happen to be division foes Baltimore and pitt).  Adding Chase to the mix will help attack those defenses.  

It's crazy how good this group can be if everyone stays healthy.
Reply/Quote
I'm just confused because I was sold a story last year about how Burrow didn't need good weapons because he'd single-handedly turn mediocre WRs into great WRs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Those five will include two LBs.  So, yes, I like the options of Boyd, Higgins, or Sample against a LB.  Pointing out that Boyd and Higgins were shut down by two division foes that have strong secondaries isn't shitting on them, it was stating a fact.  

It makes sense if you understand matchups. Oh, and Mixon against a four man front?  Yes, please.  
Kind of makes me wonder how many defenses will end up dropping 8 or even 9 and rushing 2 or 3..  Meanwhile back in Zacville while that happens they'll throw the ball 80% of the time..  Only Zac..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Reminds me of the Ross pick. Not the same receiver but a receiver non the less. Every freakin season we all lose our minds over this horrible line. Yet we ignore the problem in FA/Draft once again. I don’t feel as livid about this selection as I did with Ross ( Still pissed about that pick) but this pick is as much on Burrow as management. We did nothing to protect a promising QB and it really put me off to the point I didn’t even want to watch the rest of their games for the first time in my life. They better address the line with the rest of this draft. If not shame on Zach, Brown and Burrow.

Except for:

Drafting Jonah in Rd 1
Signing XSF
Signing Riley Reiff
Firing offensive line coach
Hiring Pollack
Drafting a quick separation guy 

AND there are still 7 selections remaining, three of which I will wager are on the offensive line.  

Other than that, they did nothing.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm just confused because I was sold a story last year about how Burrow didn't need good weapons because he'd single-handedly turn mediocre WRs into great WRs.

No..the new uniforms will do all that.. New uniforms fix even potholes on freeways in rush hour.. You didn't know that?  

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't forget if Burrow can get Thad Moss going again, he's got good hands as well.

And his strength, run blocking....Mixon is going to eat well.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:08 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Except for:

Drafting Jonah in Rd 1
Signing XSF
Signing Riley Reiff
Firing offensive line coach
Hiring Pollack
Drafting a quick separation guy 

AND there are still 7 selections remaining, three of which I will wager are on the offensive line.  

Other than that, they did nothing.  

Oh c'mon.. Everyone knows that John Ross was just ignored by Marvin and was secretly the greatest WR in the history of WRs..  Dumb comment 1, you 0.. lol

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:13 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And his strength, run blocking....Mixon is going to eat well.  

Yep, him and Perine both. Both are brutal runners and can wear a defense down quickly with just a little blocking
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Reminds me of the Ross pick. Not the same receiver but a receiver non the less. Every freakin season we all lose our minds over this horrible line. Yet we ignore the problem in FA/Draft once again. I don’t feel as livid about this selection as I did with Ross ( Still pissed about that pick) but this pick is as much on Burrow as management. We did nothing to protect a promising QB and it really put me off to the point I didn’t even want to watch the rest of their games for the first time in my life. They better address the line with the rest of this draft. If not shame on Zach, Brown and Burrow.
Except Ross had injury history and literally hurt himself running the 40. It was foreshadowing they should've seen 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:11 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You are grossly missing some key concepts in this False Choice scenario you've created. And, a lot of your take doesn't make sense because it's based off of bad information.

-1st, due to the NFL revenue sharing structure, Mike Brown makes money regardless of fans. The new TV contract along will give the Bengals over $2 BILLION. What % of revenue to actual fans of the Bengals account for? A pittance.

So, this pick being about butts in seats for Mike's money doesn't make sense because butts in seats don't = Mike's money.

- As a DUO, Higgins and Boyd are Avg. AT BEST. The sum doesn't equal the parts. Higgins & Boyd are 2 very very good parts, but they do not make a complete WR corps for the Bengals. They both lack a major needed component: Explosiveness

The Bengals use 3 WRs more than any other team in the NFL. To have the 3rd guy be another Michael Thomas or Auden Tate and the 1st guy be Tee Higgins would be a HORRIBLE WR corps.

Something major was missing last year.... A prime AJ Green. THAT type of player is NEEDED by the Bengals and this offense. It's needed for the passing game and it's needed for the running game... As Joe Mixon immediately tweeted about teams bot being able to stack the box any more.... WHICH WAS KILLING THE RUN GAME THE LAST 2 SEASONS.

- 32% of Joe Burrow's sacks last year were coverage sacks. Meaning: WRs weren't getting open.

- Another 70+% of sacks and hits against Burrow are either 4th/5th on the depth chart (post draft), or not on the team any more.

- The Bengals current starting 5 O line gave up 6 sacks in 2020. 17 sacks from last year won't be seeing the field much... if at all.

To ignore this while becoming upset at the draft after 1 round, is really tough to jeep seeing. In a year that the NFL draft is so deep at O line, this notion that only the 5th pick  can protect Joe Burrow really well just doesn't make any sense. Jamaar Chase, IMO, is the best player in this draft. THAT makes sense to take when you have a major position of need there.

Looking at how the 1st round of the draft fell, the Bengals 100% made the right pick. Cosmi, Eichenberg, Jenkins all sitting there as of now... just a handful of picks away.

Well said, Pdub...We have all been trying but some just want to whine until they see more linemen selected.  It's coming tonight.  (That's what she said). 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Those five will include two LBs.  So, yes, I like the options of Boyd, Higgins, or Sample against a LB.  Pointing out that Boyd and Higgins were shut down by two division foes that have strong secondaries isn't shitting on them, it was stating a fact.  

Those 5 also have to account for the RB. 
Reply/Quote
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Winners-Loser-Day-1-Greg-Rosenthal-NFL-Network?pid=1023683#pid1023683

One expert agrees.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:17 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Those 5 also have to account for the RB. 

Absolutely, and folks seem to think our receiving RB left with Gio.  Mixon is a great receiver of the ball and will be less predictable now as well.  I don't mean to get ahead of myself, but watch for Elijah Mitchell, from Louisiana, as a late round RB option.  A faster Gio, if you will.  
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm just confused because I was sold a story last year about how Burrow didn't need good weapons because he'd single-handedly turn mediocre WRs into great WRs.

Tom Brady makes mediocre WRs look good, but did you see the numbers he put up when Randy Moss was with him?

You can be a QB who has that effect and still benefit from good receivers.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.

when we getting a new play designer?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.

Yes sir and with a couple more OL picks and Mixon running the ball it could be very formidable for everyone in our Division.

Don't think we will be the door mat this season, if so Taylor has to go.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yep, him and Perine both. Both are brutal runners and can wear a defense down quickly with just a little blocking

Wait wut!?!  I must have missed this last year?
Reply/Quote

How again does this remind you of the Ross pick? Chase is fully healthy, played at LSU with Burrow and dominated while running
polished routes with great quicks. I actually liked the Ross pick until I saw that his head just wasn't in it. Chase is nothing like Ross
in this aspect. Also, if you want to blame Burrow for the Chase pick you are nuts TKUHL. Burrow knows what he needs more than 
anyone, more than you, more than I.
Reply/Quote