Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR trio
(04-30-2021, 01:54 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To answer all of this in one simply post.

Go look at the shit show that happened on this board for the past few weeks. See all the posts about how our WRs couldn't get separation and how the people who wanted Chase were saying the WR group was worse off then the OL group. 

I'm not going to dive through 40 plus threads and hundreds of posts to quote each one, but **** I started a thread about how good Higgins could be, because I actually thought he could be a number 1 and Chase wasn't needed. And in that thread, he was labeled by some as decent or good or a possession guy.

Again... now we draft one guy and suddenly all that was just talk... which really was all my point was. The Pro-Chase movement was talking out their ass about how bad the WR group was because they wanted to push for their dude. All I heard was that the top corner was shadowing Green still and he was getting doubled still and in that scenario DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE DEBATE "Our WRS can't get any separation." "Burrow had to throw the most contested passes." So... Green is out, Chase is in... so he gets doubled, and that means the other two will have the exact same scenario as last season.

So... 

Either it is total bullshit that the Bengals have a top WR group...

or

It was total bullshit how bad the WR group was prior to getting Chase.

Pick one, but it must be one because no one drafted player magically fixes anything. Even Sewell wouldn't have fixed the line on his own, needed more then one guy there.

Most importantly. At this point, I just don't even care. I legit feel like Bill Burr when he was talking about losing his religion and how he just let it go at one point when he wasn't getting anything out of it anymore. I'm really at that exact same point right now, I look at how long I've wasted money and time on Mike Brown's product and realize at this point he doesn't care about winning. Which makes me really ask, why should I care and invest in this team? The Chase pick does two things, makes Burrow happy so he re-ups when they want him too and most importantly, creates a mob of people storming to the Pro Shop with money going "I needz da Chase jersey." This pick wasn't about long term winning, this pick was about short term getting fans in the seats and selling jerseys. 

Look at Twitter, look at this board, the frenzy of excitement for a 4 win team has Mike Brown seeing dollar signs and a 6 or 7 win season that he can sell as "progress". 

Angry man lol... Take a nap. 
Reply/Quote
This is kind of concerning. Aaron Rodgers only has one good receiver. In NE Brady only had one good receiver. But our team NEEDS to have 3 good receivers for our QB? What does that say about our WR corps and what does that say about our QB?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:24 AM)Yogo Wrote: This is kind of concerning. Aaron Rodgers only has one good receiver. In NE Brady only had one good receiver. But our team NEEDS to have 3 good receivers for our QB? What does that say about our WR corps and what does that say about our QB?

And that’s precisely why he wants out of GB lol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that’s precisely why he wants out of GB lol.

Think he would like the situation here better?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:33 AM)Yogo Wrote: Think he would like the situation here better?

He’d be salivating over our weapons, that’s for sure. Let’s see what we do at OL the rest of the draft though.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 03:18 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Angry man lol... Take a nap. 

Way to dispute any of the facts and contribute nothing. 

Smack shush now.

(04-30-2021, 03:33 AM)Yogo Wrote: Think he would like the situation here better?

I don't imagine anyone would like Mike Brown, Zac Taylor, Duke Tobin and this OL unit... well unless they are content not winning and getting hit a lot. 

I dunno... maybe Rodgers is into S/M? Then he'd be super happy here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rush 4 get pressure.

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

Many were shitting on AJ Green not being able to draw the extra coverage and not "trying"... But no one said anything bad about Higgins and Boyd other than that they need that the AJG from a few years back to show up.. We will have that with Chase now. So Tee and Tyler will have better opportunities....

also that Drop 7 and double Chase, would love to see that and watch Mixon earn that money!
Reply/Quote
Hey I like it a lot. We will see who they draft. I do not like how round 1 is day one and that's it now. Is that some sort of Covid law now? I bet we take an offensive lineman in round 2. Everyone is upset we did not take an offensive lineman, but forget that the rest of the draft is about to take place.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They had a horrible OL the first half of last year. By the end of the year, it wasn't as horrible. After FA it was even less horrible. After the 2nd round tomorrow it will be even more less horrible. 

The draft, Joe Burrow's career, and some of our member's lives ended at approximately 9 pm on April 29th.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 06:38 AM)jason Wrote: The draft, Joe Burrow's career, and some of our member's lives ended at approximately 9 pm on April 29th.

Not True. They would have ended 01/22/89 if that was true. I am still alive so not true.
Reply/Quote
[quote='Hamilton95' pid='1023329' dateline='1619777115']

Not True. They would have ended 01/22/89 if that was true. I am still alive. [No one will die over this draft pick. So what. Joe Burrow made this draft pick. He wanted his receiver. Now if we do not draft heavy O-line then I may agree. Not over yet. It is not one or bust.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:54 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To answer all of this in one simply post.

Go look at the shit show that happened on this board for the past few weeks. See all the posts about how our WRs couldn't get separation and how the people who wanted Chase were saying the WR group was worse off then the OL group. 

I'm not going to dive through 40 plus threads and hundreds of posts to quote each one, but **** I started a thread about how good Higgins could be, because I actually thought he could be a number 1 and Chase wasn't needed. And in that thread, he was labeled by some as decent or good or a possession guy.

Again... now we draft one guy and suddenly all that was just talk... which really was all my point was. The Pro-Chase movement was talking out their ass about how bad the WR group was because they wanted to push for their dude. All I heard was that the top corner was shadowing Green still and he was getting doubled still and in that scenario DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE DEBATE "Our WRS can't get any separation." "Burrow had to throw the most contested passes." So... Green is out, Chase is in... so he gets doubled, and that means the other two will have the exact same scenario as last season.

So... 

or

Pick one, but it must be one because no one drafted player magically fixes anything. Even Sewell wouldn't have fixed the line on his own, needed more then one guy there.

Most importantly. At this point, I just don't even care. I legit feel like Bill Burr when he was talking about losing his religion and how he just let it go at one point when he wasn't getting anything out of it anymore. I'm really at that exact same point right now, I look at how long I've wasted money and time on Mike Brown's product and realize at this point he doesn't care about winning. Which makes me really ask, why should I care and invest in this team? The Chase pick does two things, makes Burrow happy so he re-ups when they want him too and most importantly, creates a mob of people storming to the Pro Shop with money going "I needz da Chase jersey." This pick wasn't about long term winning, this pick was about short term getting fans in the seats and selling jerseys. 

Look at Twitter, look at this board, the frenzy of excitement for a 4 win team has Mike Brown seeing dollar signs and a 6 or 7 win season that he can sell as "progress". 

Dude, relax. I bet if you did a poll, no one would NOT want Higgins and Boyd on this team. They are great. Higgins still has a chance to be even better. However, they both IN FACT struggle to get consistent separation. That was clear last year when our WR had the least separation of any team in the league. I’m not sure how that’s “shitting” when it’s just facts. AJ was a big problem with that, and Tate was as well. If we trot out Higgins Boyd and Tate for 16 games, they ARE slow.

Also, 10 years ago we took AJ Green when we had obvious glaring needs. No one was more responsible for our turn around than AJ Green. I get it, you’re heart broken we didn’t take Sewell. But acting if there is only 1 way to build a team is ridiculous.

Do it with me... breathe in your nose, out your mouth... slowly.. it’s all going to be okay. I promise. Your world is not ending.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 07:25 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Also, 10 years ago we took AJ Green when we had obvious glaring needs. No one was more responsible for our turn around than AJ Green.

Yep. Let’s hope we hit another home run tonight in the 2nd. I had my issues with Dalton towards the end, but there’s no denying he was a great day 2 pick. If we can go WR when we didn’t even have a damn QB at the time, then we can certainly pass on a OT for one. And that 2011 draft class sure as hell wasn’t deep at QB like this one is for OL.

Reply/Quote
With Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon we have 4 very good skill players now. That is a lot of weapons plus Tate who is good for some circus catches here and there. We have no very good OLmen though so hopefully that changes somehow. As good as Chase is, this is very 90's Bengal-like considering we have sucked so badly since we lost Big Whit and have never rebounded from that yet. Hoping we find a couple OL gems tonight and tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 08:41 AM)bengaloo Wrote: With Chase, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon we have 4 very good skill players now. That is a lot of weapons plus Tate who is good for some circus catches here and there.

Don't forget if Burrow can get Thad Moss going again, he's got good hands as well.
Reply/Quote

So... 

or

You are grossly missing some key concepts in this False Choice scenario you've created. And, a lot of your take doesn't make sense because it's based off of bad information.

-1st, due to the NFL revenue sharing structure, Mike Brown makes money regardless of fans. The new TV contract along will give the Bengals over $2 BILLION. What % of revenue to actual fans of the Bengals account for? A pittance.

So, this pick being about butts in seats for Mike's money doesn't make sense because butts in seats don't = Mike's money.

- As a DUO, Higgins and Boyd are Avg. AT BEST. The sum doesn't equal the parts. Higgins & Boyd are 2 very very good parts, but they do not make a complete WR corps for the Bengals. They both lack a major needed component: Explosiveness

The Bengals use 3 WRs more than any other team in the NFL. To have the 3rd guy be another Michael Thomas or Auden Tate and the 1st guy be Tee Higgins would be a HORRIBLE WR corps.

Something major was missing last year.... A prime AJ Green. THAT type of player is NEEDED by the Bengals and this offense. It's needed for the passing game and it's needed for the running game... As Joe Mixon immediately tweeted about teams bot being able to stack the box any more.... WHICH WAS KILLING THE RUN GAME THE LAST 2 SEASONS.

- 32% of Joe Burrow's sacks last year were coverage sacks. Meaning: WRs weren't getting open.

- Another 70+% of sacks and hits against Burrow are either 4th/5th on the depth chart (post draft), or not on the team any more.

- The Bengals current starting 5 O line gave up 6 sacks in 2020. 17 sacks from last year won't be seeing the field much... if at all.

To ignore this while becoming upset at the draft after 1 round is really tough to jeep seeing. In a year that the NFL draft is so deep at O line, this notion that only the 5th pick  can protect Joe Burrow really well just doesn't make any sense. Jamaar Chase, IMO, is the best player in this draft. THAT makes sense to take when you have a major position of need there.

Looking at how the 1st round of the draft fell, the Bengals 100% made the right pick. Cosmi, Eichenberg, Jenkins all sitting there as of now... just a handful of picks away.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Don't forget if Burrow can get Thad Moss going again, he's got good hands as well.

Yeah he does, and he's a great blocker. Watching LSU games his blocking stood out to me. He's nasty and I'm glad we got him. He rarely drops a pass. 
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 09:13 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah he does, and he's a great blocker. Watching LSU games his blocking stood out to me. He's nasty and I'm glad we got him. He rarely drops a pass. 

2020 Championship game.... Burrow, Chase, Moss, Higgins.... now all Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:51 PM)UKWhoDey Wrote: I'm hyped.  Let's fix the OL next 2 picks.  This offense is fixin to eat

Exactly.  It amazes me that some on this board think Penei Sewell is the only worthy lineman in the draft.  Just silly.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.

In the words of Joe Mixon (via Twitter) after the pick:  " Can't stack the box no mo  Tongue".  

Lucky for us, football experts on here will have numerous ways the offense will still suck because they didn't take a tackle at #5 and stick with the weapons that got shut down by Baltimore and pitt.  
Reply/Quote