Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WR trio
(04-29-2021, 11:28 PM)jason Wrote: I don't disagree, but Joe can work on not holding the ball (should be easier now) too. I think they hit the hell outta both lines from here on out in this draft.

And to those that keep posting that people are hating on Boyd and Tee... Please stop. Nobody's shitting on those guys. The interwebs weren't quite what they are now, but I'm not sure too many people were saying the Vikings were shitting on Chris Carter when they took Moss. Having a lot of playmakers is a good thing. We haven't had it in years, so maybe some of y'all forgot.

I don't think anyone was hating on Tee or Boyd, just that I really don't think they were double teamable.  They're good, but not world beaters.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rush 4 get pressure.

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

I think it was less shitting on Boyd and Higgins, moreso that there wasn't someone to blow the top off. Hopefully Chase is that guy. If he's getting double teamed I do think Boyd and Higgins indeed can do well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 11:34 PM)Yogo Wrote: I don't think anyone was hating on Tee or Boyd, just that I really don't think they were double teamable.  They're good, but not world beaters.

I agree with you... But I've seen some of us claiming that others think our WRs are trash if other folks wanted Chase or Pitts. We already know that Joe Burrow thrives with weapons and average protection. Let's give it to him, and turn 'em all loose...

I'm not sure that Tee Higgins won't be a world beater before it's all said and done either. Great problem to have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

leaves 5 to take on Boyd, Higgins and Sample who according according to team Chase pre-draft couldn't get separation.

I love how everyone was shitting on Boyd and Higgins and now that we have Chase, magically this is a top WR group??? Makes no ***** sense.

No shit right
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bengals just obtained one of, if not the best, receiving trios in the league. Good luck trying to cover Chase, Higgins and Boyd with Burrow throwing the ball.
Right, Burrow needs many pass catchers as he had at LSU.   NOW, he needs BLOCKING.  Round Two, Bengals need to add Blocking, and again in other rounds More Blocking.   You Block and get it to the pass catchers. AND to people saying just drop 7 to cover Boyd, Higgins, Chase, TE or 4th WR,... MIXON would LOVE teams dropping 7 and leaving him lots of rushing yards.

You build around Top Pick Burrow with many pass targets and much more blocking. Like on Family Feud, " Round Two, Show Me BLOCKING ".
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Okay, so let's hope Terance Marshall is there for our #2 pick. Can never have too many weapons with previous chemistry!
Reply/Quote
I don’t see how any legitimate Bengals fan couldn’t be excited about this Ja’Marr Chase pick.With a decent O-line,This Offense could be scary good.Bengals have a very good O-line Coach now,and I think he’ll get it done.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Boyd was the top slot guy in the league last year

I love Tyler Boyd, but this simply isn't true.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:05 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I don’t see how any legitimate Bengals fan couldn’t be excited about this Ja’Marr Chase pick.With a decent O-line,This Offense could be scary good.Bengals have a very good O-line Coach now,and I think he’ll get it done.

You kind of answered your own question.

We've got a horrible OL, a good OL coach, a great QB and a great receiving corps. 

What's that equal? 

A sacked QB!
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to recall who else was around when they picked  AJ. If memory serves me right AJ wasn't surrounded by the likes of Boyd and Higgins and Joe throwing to him.. IDK.. Maybe it's just old age that keeps me from remembering all the names..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:31 AM)grampahol Wrote: I'm trying to recall who else was around when they picked  AJ. If memory serves me right AJ wasn't surrounded by the likes of Boyd and Higgins and Joe throwing to him.. IDK.. Maybe it's just old age that keeps me from remembering all the names..

Maybe because they had Whitworth and Company and a D already in place for AD and AJ?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:05 AM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I don’t see how any legitimate Bengals fan couldn’t be excited about this Ja’Marr Chase pick.With a decent O-line,This Offense could be scary good.Bengals have a very good O-line Coach now,and I think he’ll get it done.

That’s just it, what line? This line is pathetic and one injury away from being a complete disaster. I’m sure the Oline coach will do better than the last but he can only be as good as what’s in the field. I would be shocked we passed on the OT if it was any other team but I knew this would be the pick. I hated the Ross pick and was bashed for it. I know this kid has a history with Burrow, let’s just hope Burrows off his ass enough to make an impact.
Reply/Quote

Drop 7 and double Chase.

Clearly he hasn't watched the Bengals in the last 4-5 years...since Boyd came into the NFL, he leads the WHOLE NFL in yards from the slot. Also, Higgings had a 1000 yard receiving season cut short, then you add Chase.

I don't know another team with the leading slot receiver in the NFL, a rookie 1000 yard receiver, and a draft that included Jamar Chase...IJS
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:35 AM)Yogo Wrote: Maybe because they had Whitworth and Company and a D already in place for AD and AJ?

I was thinking more specifically about other receivers.. I'm just drawing blanks.. There was AJ and....uhhhhh.. nope. Just AJ.. LOL 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:55 AM)grampahol Wrote: I was thinking more specifically about other receivers.. I'm just drawing blanks.. There was AJ and....uhhhhh.. nope. Just AJ.. LOL
Armon Binns started, Marvin Jones rotated, Had Gresham and Orson Charles at TE, and had a running game to make the AD AJ connnection do-able
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Clearly pointing out their weaknesses is not “shitting on them.” Literally every Chase supporter loves Higgins and Boyd. Chase just something we haven’t had since 2015/2016 AJ.

(04-29-2021, 10:42 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I didn't see much shitting on them. Mostly just saying we don't have speed. 

(04-29-2021, 10:42 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: 3WR sets 82% of the time what dont you understand about this????? Nobody said Boyd or Higgins sucked we just needed a really good number 3.

(04-29-2021, 11:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Who was shitting on Higgens?

(04-29-2021, 11:34 PM)Yogo Wrote: I don't think anyone was hating on Tee or Boyd, just that I really don't think they were double teamable.  They're good, but not world beaters.

(04-29-2021, 11:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think it was less shitting on Boyd and Higgins, moreso that there wasn't someone to blow the top off. Hopefully Chase is that guy. If he's getting double teamed I do think Boyd and Higgins indeed can do well.

(04-30-2021, 12:47 AM)mhbsavant Wrote: Clearly he hasn't watched the Bengals in the last 4-5 years...since Boyd came into the NFL, he leads the WHOLE NFL in yards from the slot. Also, Higgings had a 1000 yard receiving season cut short, then you add Chase.

I don't know another team with the leading slot receiver in the NFL, a rookie 1000 yard receiver, and a draft that included Jamar Chase...IJS

To answer all of this in one simply post.

Go look at the shit show that happened on this board for the past few weeks. See all the posts about how our WRs couldn't get separation and how the people who wanted Chase were saying the WR group was worse off then the OL group. 

I'm not going to dive through 40 plus threads and hundreds of posts to quote each one, but **** I started a thread about how good Higgins could be, because I actually thought he could be a number 1 and Chase wasn't needed. And in that thread, he was labeled by some as decent or good or a possession guy.

Again... now we draft one guy and suddenly all that was just talk... which really was all my point was. The Pro-Chase movement was talking out their ass about how bad the WR group was because they wanted to push for their dude. All I heard was that the top corner was shadowing Green still and he was getting doubled still and in that scenario DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE DEBATE "Our WRS can't get any separation." "Burrow had to throw the most contested passes." So... Green is out, Chase is in... so he gets doubled, and that means the other two will have the exact same scenario as last season.

So... 

Either it is total bullshit that the Bengals have a top WR group...

or

It was total bullshit how bad the WR group was prior to getting Chase.

Pick one, but it must be one because no one drafted player magically fixes anything. Even Sewell wouldn't have fixed the line on his own, needed more then one guy there.

Most importantly. At this point, I just don't even care. I legit feel like Bill Burr when he was talking about losing his religion and how he just let it go at one point when he wasn't getting anything out of it anymore. I'm really at that exact same point right now, I look at how long I've wasted money and time on Mike Brown's product and realize at this point he doesn't care about winning. Which makes me really ask, why should I care and invest in this team? The Chase pick does two things, makes Burrow happy so he re-ups when they want him too and most importantly, creates a mob of people storming to the Pro Shop with money going "I needz da Chase jersey." This pick wasn't about long term winning, this pick was about short term getting fans in the seats and selling jerseys. 

Look at Twitter, look at this board, the frenzy of excitement for a 4 win team has Mike Brown seeing dollar signs and a 6 or 7 win season that he can sell as "progress". 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 12:23 AM)Benton Wrote: You kind of answered your own question.

We've got a horrible OL, a good OL coach, a great QB and a great receiving corps. 

What's that equal? 

A sacked QB!

They had a horrible OL the first half of last year. By the end of the year, it wasn't as horrible. After FA it was even less horrible. After the 2nd round tomorrow it will be even more less horrible. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Clearly pointing out their weaknesses is not “shitting on them.” Literally every Chase supporter loves Higgins and Boyd. Chase just something we haven’t had since 2015/2016 AJ.

That’s a bingo.

Love our weapons now (outside of TE).

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 01:54 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: To answer all of this in one simply post.

Go look at the shit show that happened on this board for the past few weeks. See all the posts about how our WRs couldn't get separation and how the people who wanted Chase were saying the WR group was worse off then the OL group. 

I'm not going to dive through 40 plus threads and hundreds of posts to quote each one, but **** I started a thread about how good Higgins could be, because I actually thought he could be a number 1 and Chase wasn't needed. And in that thread, he was labeled by some as decent or good or a possession guy.

Again... now we draft one guy and suddenly all that was just talk... which really was all my point was. The Pro-Chase movement was talking out their ass about how bad the WR group was because they wanted to push for their dude. All I heard was that the top corner was shadowing Green still and he was getting doubled still and in that scenario DIRECT QUOTES FROM THE DEBATE "Our WRS can't get any separation." "Burrow had to throw the most contested passes." So... Green is out, Chase is in... so he gets doubled, and that means the other two will have the exact same scenario as last season.

So... 

Either it is total bullshit that the Bengals have a top WR group...

or

It was total bullshit how bad the WR group was prior to getting Chase.

Pick one, but it must be one because no one drafted player magically fixes anything. Even Sewell wouldn't have fixed the line on his own, needed more then one guy there.

Most importantly. At this point, I just don't even care. I legit feel like Bill Burr when he was talking about losing his religion and how he just let it go at one point when he wasn't getting anything out of it anymore. I'm really at that exact same point right now, I look at how long I've wasted money and time on Mike Brown's product and realize at this point he doesn't care about winning. Which makes me really ask, why should I care and invest in this team? The Chase pick does two things, makes Burrow happy so he re-ups when they want him too and most importantly, creates a mob of people storming to the Pro Shop with money going "I needz da Chase jersey." This pick wasn't about long term winning, this pick was about short term getting fans in the seats and selling jerseys. 

Look at Twitter, look at this board, the frenzy of excitement for a 4 win team has Mike Brown seeing dollar signs and a 6 or 7 win season that he can sell as "progress". 

I was in the crowd of we needed another WR because Higgins and Boyd were the only ones worth a damn on the team.

I honestly feel like they are both #2 type guys with different strengths, but I did want either a receiver i this draft that had the skills they don't (such as speed) or in Chase's case an overall good receiver. With Chase we have a dang good corps. I'd still like to see one more late round pick and a veteran to fill out the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2021, 02:14 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I was in the crowd of we needed another WR because Higgins and Boyd were the only ones worth a damn on the team.

I honestly feel like they are both #2 type guys with different strengths, but I did want either a receiver i this draft that had the skills they don't (such as speed) or in Chase's case an overall good receiver. With Chase we have a dang good corps. I'd still like to see one more late round pick and a veteran to fill out the roster.

Based on your analysis of the WR group, you are taking position one. It is not an elite WR group. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote