Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WRs have bonding weekend in Vegas
(06-08-2022, 11:58 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It would depend on his goals, I would assume.

Some people (keyword = some) don't mind being paid a bit less if the other aspects are better (culture, winning, city they're in, cost of living, etc).
However, there are plenty of people (especially those who could be looking at their first veteran contract) wanting and willing to play wherever gives them the top dollar. And there's no shame in that.

I think if Higgins is happy in Cincinnati and is succeeding with Burrow, there's a chance he could be willing to take a bit under what others would offer. However, he shouldn't take a massive discount just for the sake of winning, IMO. I wouldn't.

Yep. There's always a chance, but honestly, it's pretty slim. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 01:23 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm no tax expert that 2.5 Million may not be much depending where he ends up.  Believe it or not but making a crap ton of $$$ in Cincinnati gives you a different type house/life style than LA, FL, NY

Yep that's why literally in my post previous to the one you quoted I mentioned things like city they'd be in and cost of living.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 12:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lou has not really done anything special against Jackson.  He lit us up until this year, and this year he struggled against every team, not just the Bengals.

Jackson only played 11 full games.   Jackson had his 5th highest game in both passer rating and passing yards against us.  His passer rating against us was higher than his season total.  He had his third highest rushing total against us.

That is what I was saying. Lamar kicked our ass all over the place the first 2 years with Lou was DC.

But our Defense played him great last year both times we played him. I think he learned how to play him finally.

Sure hope so, if it was just one game where we played him well I would be more worried but we played him well both games.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is what I was saying. Lamar kicked our ass all over the place the first 2 years with Lou was DC.

But our Defense played him great last year both times we played him. I think he learned how to play him finally.

Sure hope so, if it was just one game where we played him well I would be more worried but we played him well both games.

Lou finally had the personnel willing to play the way he wanted them to. We only played Lamar once last year, but they still contained Lamar Light and Patrick, which are close to the same thing.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not attacking you but fans always say that and it's a fantasy. 

If you're at work and other people are making more money than you and getting more notoriety, do you just sit back and say, "well, i really like this place so i don't mind making less", even though you know you're better at the job than most of the others?

No. You want to be compensated to your talents. 

Like i said, regardless of where he is, he'll always be in contact with the guys he's friends with now and will see them on occasion. 

Hopefully he re-signs here and enjoys a long career with Chase. 

Plenty of players have given their teams home town discounts to stay and play where they are because they like it. Even players like Brady and Manning have played for less than they could have in order to make their teams better. 
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:24 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Plenty of players have given their teams home town discounts to stay and play where they are because they like it. Even players like Brady and Manning have played for less than they could have in order to make their teams better. 

Brady is such a bad example when people bring this up. Most players don’t have the luxury of taking a “discount” because most players aren’t married to super models worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

You’re fooling yourself if you think Tee won’t be looking to cash in on his 1st big contract. Especially considering who his agent is.

Reply/Quote
(06-10-2022, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Lou finally had the personnel willing to play the way he wanted them to. We only played Lamar once last year, but they still contained Lamar Light and Patrick, which are close to the same thing.

Ahhh, forgot we had to play the backup the other game when we played the Ravens. Thanks Sled. Wink

Yes, the personnel finally was here for playing these running QB's. Lou and the Defense did a great job against these types 
last season and in the Postseason playing Mahomes. I expect this D to be much better this season too as they will be fresher
with the improved Offense and not having so much pressure on them to win games late when other offenses have the ball.

We should be scoring much more this season with this improved OL which will help out everything. Could be record breaking.

Who knows how good of a year Chase could have specifically with Burrow actually having time.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2022, 04:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But our Defense played him great last year both times we played him. I think he learned how to play him finally.

I think you missed my point.

Lamar and the Ravens struggled against every team last year due more to injuries than any new coaching scheme.  And he actually had one of his better games against the Bengals.  So it had nothing to do with Lou.  Lamar was better against Lous defense than most of the others he faced.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you missed my point.

Lamar and the Ravens struggled against every team last year due more to injuries than any new coaching scheme.  And he actually had one of his better games against the Bengals.  So it had nothing to do with Lou.  Lamar was better against Lous defense than most of the others he faced.

Yes he really lit our D up with that 48.4% of completed passes, worst game of the year for him.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you missed my point.

Wrong.

(06-11-2022, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he really lit our D up with that 48.4% of completed passes, worst game of the year for him.

Correct, really lit us up man lol 
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he really lit our D up with that 48.4% of completed passes, worst game of the year for him.

(06-11-2022, 02:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wrong.

Correct, really lit us up man lol 

Too bad you can't reply to what I actually wrote and instead make up a lie about how I said he "lit us up"

All I said is that he had a better game against us than most other teams he faced last year and that is 100% correct.  Fifth best game of the year in both passer rating and passing yards.  His passer rating against us was HIGHER than his rating against the rest of the league .  .  .  FACTS.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 02:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too bad you can't reply to what I actually wrote and instead make up a lie about how I said he "lit us up"

All I said is that he had a better game against us than most other teams he faced last year and that is 100% correct.  Fifth best game of the year in both passer rating and passing yards.  His passer rating against us was HIGHER than his rating against the rest of the league .  .  .  FACTS.

Fifth best game of the year makes it his best game? I don't get you at all here Fred...
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 05:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Fifth best game of the year makes it his best game? I don't get you at all here Fred...

Then go back to 4th grade and learn the difference between "better" and "best".
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then go back to 4th grade and learn the difference between "better" and "best".

This is getting absurd, YOU SAID "fifth best"

It is right there in your post FFS
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2022, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is getting absurd, YOU SAID "fifth best"

It is right there in your post FFS

But I never said it was his best game.

And I never said his fifth best game was his best game

I am completely confused.
Reply/Quote
All you guys are missing the point. If Tee drives an autonomous car...
Reply/Quote
I'm skeptical that Lou has "figured out" Lamar. His main weapon has been his supreme athleticism, and he still gashed Cincinnati on the ground in that blowout win. He had a meh day passing the ball. The Bengals defense, overall, was an average unit last season. If he has figured out Lamar, great, but I am not going to let one game drive that opinion.
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2022, 10:31 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I'm skeptical that Lou has "figured out" Lamar. His main weapon has been his supreme athleticism, and he still gashed Cincinnati on the ground in that blowout win. He had a meh day passing the ball. The Bengals defense, overall, was an average unit last season. If he has figured out Lamar, great, but I am not going to let one game drive that opinion.

Yeah, could be right. I forgot we only played Lamar once last year cause he got hurt. Still, the 2nd halves in the Chiefs games 
make me think it is possible for us to play him well. I know Mahomes isn't Lamar but he CAN run. Plus the DL is in place and the
overall personnel for Lou to hopefully keep this Defense really improving. They can stop the run, that is a start and they can rush
the passer with Hendrickson, Hubbard and Ossai (if he can stay healthy).
Reply/Quote