Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wait a Minute.. Leave Bengals out of your Excuse!
Glad to see even Bills fans getting him right in the comments...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/brandon-beane-bengals-have-advantage-of-joe-burrow-and-jamarr-chase-on-rookie-contracts/

Don't use Bengals situation as cover for failed draft picks and bad free agent signing contracts (Von Miller).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Glad to see even Bills fans getting him right in the comments...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/25/brandon-beane-bengals-have-advantage-of-joe-burrow-and-jamarr-chase-on-rookie-contracts/

Don't use Bengals situation as cover for failed draft picks and bad free agent signing contracts (Von Miller).

What a loser.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Has an opposing GM ever brought another team up like this? Maybe it's because we just played them, but it does seem like he shouldn't discuss other teams finances and approach to players contracts etc... Maybe I am just paying attention because it's the Bengals, but it seems like it's one of those things teams may think, but don't discuss as it relates to other teams business.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 12:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: Glad to see even Bills fans getting him right in the comments...

Von Miller was a bad FA signing?
He had 8.0 sacks in just 11 games played.
Yes, they paid $20 mill APY for him, but he's still a double-digit sack pace guy, and that's the cost for guys like that.
About the only thing that sucks about that contract is he's almost 34 years old, so some will be skeptical of him being able to play at that high level and/or stay healthy. But he's still producing at that age, and he's played 15+ games every season 2014-2021.

I think it's unrealistic to say it's "Super Bowl or bust" for any team. If you're getting to the Divisional round, you're going against some damn good teams.
There's no shame in losing to the Bengals or Chiefs late in the playoffs. I wouldn't have been upset if Bengals lost to Bills or Chiefs. All on the same upper tier of the AFC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

He’s got a top QB and WR. Wow pretty low rent from a leader of a franchise.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Wasn't a bad signing. He just got injured at an unfortunate time. Reader missed 7, almost 8 games this season. He just had the good luck of getting hurt early in the year, doesn't make it a bad signing.

He had 8 sacks in 11 games. That's as many as Hendrickson got in 15 games. Miller had only missed 3 games in the previous 7 years before this year and helped carry his teams to SB wins the last 2 times he was in the postseason, getting 9 sacks, 3 FF, and 1 INT in 7 games.

- - - - - -

Funny thing about his comments is that he's not wrong that it is easier to make a great team with a QB and #1 WR on rookie deals, but Allen and Diggs didn't even have huge cap hits in 2022 so it just smells like an excuse. Now 2023 is another story as they are going to combine for about $60m in cap hits.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Miller is 34 years old. MB wouldn't have given a 34 year old that contract. If MB is the new standard barrier on how to build a Championship team, then that was a bad contract. MB would have gotten 4 mid tier on the rise players for that contract. Taken care of multiple positions of need.

MB at least wouldn't be crying about cap space and pointing to smarter Franchises.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 12:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: Has an opposing GM ever brought another team up like this? Maybe it's because we just played them, but it does seem like he shouldn't discuss other teams finances and approach to players contracts etc... Maybe I am just paying attention because it's the Bengals, but it seems like it's one of those things teams may think, but don't discuss as it relates to other teams business.

I read the article and immediately thought EXCUSES FOR YOUR OWN FAILURES.

If he had done his homework, he would have realized we lost a rookie QB to a major knee injury after 8 games. So, yes our team then struggled. If Burrow stays healthy, we likely don't have a Burrow/Chase reunion. But, I guess this guy thinks if he lost Allen for 8 or 9 games, his team would still be top tier.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He’s getting roasted and particularly for trading the pick for Diggs that could have netted Justin Jefferson or Christian McCaffery.

Reply/Quote

rookie deals do help a lot its why drafting is so important

And we will be losing some players this offseason
Reply/Quote
I’m a neophyte Bengals fan. Just became one with the Zac Taylor regime and of course my Sooners Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine. The Bengals success wreaks of envy and jealousy and a total lack of respect. I think the Browns with the smallest scouting and front office, run by the family that’s characterized as stale and unaggressive, a young coach they stuck with, and a small market. I mean no pro bowlers, few looks at our coordinators, and lack of respect for Taylor is disheartening

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 01:26 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’m a neophyte Bengals fan. Just became one with the Zac Taylor regime and of course my Sooners Joe Mixon and Samaje Perine. The Bengals success wreaks of envy and jealousy and a total lack of respect. I think the Browns with the smallest scouting and front office, run by the family that’s characterized as stale and unaggressive, a young coach they stuck with, and a small market. I mean no pro bowlers, few looks at our coordinators, and lack of respect for Taylor is disheartening

I think we saw this in the Offseason with the arms race in the AFC. It was like, if the Bengals of all broke down, cheap, poorly run, family owned etc.. Franchises can get to the Superbowl. It's easy, we all can. 

Reply/Quote
So..back handed compliment for the Bengals? We draft better than he does, is that what he's saying? We manage the cap better? WE sign better players on better contracts.

As previously mentioned, he could have had Justin Jefferson.

The whole team is throwing each other under the bus. Bean not taking any responsibility for his actions. Diggs throwing his QB under the bus. MCDermott doing the same.

If I were Josh Allen, I'd give the team both middle fingers and ask for a trade after that sort of treatment.
Reply/Quote
Really starting to dislike the Bills. They are coming off as a whiny, entitled team when in fact they have won or done nothing to deserve it.

Between Allen, Diggs, and now their GM...I'm over them. The team and especially the QB have been overrated for years now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well this has been a particularly bad breakup. :lol:

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 01:12 PM)jj22 Wrote: Miller is 34 years old. MB wouldn't have given a 34 year old that contract. If MB is the new standard barrier on how to build a Championship team, then that was a bad contract. MB would have gotten 4 mid tier on the rise players for that contract. Taken care of multiple positions of need.

MB at least wouldn't be crying about cap space and pointing to smarter Franchises.

Who has ever said this? Also you need to win a championship in order to become a standard bearer on how to build a championship team. 

This whole post is honestly some pretty shitty logic. MB also made Trae Waynes one of the highest paid CBs in the league and he proceeded to play 243 snaps on defense before leaving the NFL entirely. He also let Whitworth walk in order to have Cedric Ogbuehi become the starting LT. He also spent a 1st round pick on Cedric Ogbuehi. Promoting the idea that because a team beat another team that the owner of that team is incapable of fault and all their moves must be the right moves just reeks of knowingly making a bad faith argument and just steaming forward with it because you realize how bad of an initial point you tried to make.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He's just salty because they've gotten knocked out of playoffs, again, and needs an excuse.

They're 4-4 in playoffs with J. Allen and have lost to Chiefs twice and now Bengals in playoffs. They're 2-3 vs Chiefs with Allen in regular and post season.

The durn near unanimous preseason Super Bowl Champ didn't make it. Gotta blame something.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 01:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: I think we saw this in the Offseason with the arms race in the AFC. It was like, if the Bengals of all broke down, cheap, poorly run, family owned etc.. Franchises can get to the Superbowl. It's easy, we all can. 

Absolutely and meant to include that. You saw a lot of AFC teams seem to stretch themselves in FA or borderline reckless. The Raiders, Chargers, and for sure Cleveland with Deshaun Watson.

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 01:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who has ever said this? Also you need to win a championship in order to become a standard bearer on how to build a championship team. 

This whole post is honestly some pretty shitty logic. MB also made Trae Waynes one of the highest paid CBs in the league and he proceeded to play 243 snaps on defense before leaving the NFL entirely. He also let Whitworth walk in order to have Cedric Ogbuehi become the starting LT. He also spent a 1st round pick on Cedric Ogbuehi. Promoting the idea that because a team beat another team that the owner of that team is incapable of fault and all their moves must be the right moves just reeks of knowingly making a bad faith argument and just steaming forward with it because you realize how bad of an initial point you tried to make.

I don't know why you so triggered. If I knew what I said to trigger you, I'd surely keep it in mind to continue to say here and there in future threads to get you this worked up again. But I can't remember because I don't care and didn't care to hear your thoughts on me, thoughts you've clearly been itching to share. Anyway, to everyone else who is discussing Beanes comments and not somehow trying to come for me. Carry on. He is getting slammed on Social Media as well. 

As for Leonard. It's a new era. You living in the past with the players you brought up and decided to slam MB for. This is a Championship team rather you like it (or me saying it) or not.

Reply/Quote
To sit there and essentially whine about draft position when the 49ers are being led to the NFL championship game with the guy picked LAST in the draft is ridiculous.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote