Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
"Car-uhl! Don't get bit, Car-uhl!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Gotta hand it to Negan and the saviors. After escaping their surrounded camp they immediately have a plan and execute it. It's like they weren't even affected by ricks little trap.

Didn't seem to believable tonight
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Chandler Riggs confirmed Carl will die. The Hollywood Reporter had the exlcusive interview

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031

A lot of fan's response to others mocking the writing for doing this was "he wanted to leave the show!", but the interview makes it clear he didn't plan on it.

Just a bad decision. Gimple's reasoning was (comic spoiler)

>>>
>
>
>
>
>
>

>>
>
>
>
>

>>
>
it makes no sense that Rick would go from wanting to kill Negan to wanting to keep him imprisoned for life. I disagree. I think Rick facing his own mortality after being shot by Dwight and thinking it was a gunked up arrow pushes him to realizing how much worse it would be for Negan to be left in a cell and forced to see how wrong he is.

>

>
>
>
>

>
>
>>

>
>>

>
>
>
all in all, poor decision by the writers. I said I wouldn't watch another episode until next season, and I haven't. At this point, I think I am officially retired from the show.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 05:00 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Gotta hand it to Negan and the saviors.  After escaping their surrounded camp they immediately have a plan and execute it.  It's like they weren't even affected by ricks little trap.

Didn't seem to believable tonight

Ricks whole trap and plan was to keep them blocked in the sactuary...   Something Daryl ruin..

Now Carl...  I'm fine with him dying..  Fine with him getting bite... Figured it happened 2 episodes ago 

But why the hell is Carl in Old Ricks flashback? (they couldn't even keep the story straight for a full season? or is this a sudden move not expected)

Reply/Quote
So an entire season down and literally nothing happened. We are right back to where the season started....minus Carl.

This show is so bad. They have dragged this Neegan stroyline out for far to long. Im just so over it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So an entire season down and literally nothing happened. We are right back to where the season started....minus Carl.

This show is so bad. They have dragged this Neegan stroyline out for far to long. Im just so over it.

well its a half season so far.

Rick back to getting people killed.
Jerry
and Carl this time
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:36 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: So an entire season down and literally nothing happened. We are right back to where the season started....minus Carl.

Like I said, they should have made it half a season. The first 2.5 episodes were GOOD. Such a good pace. Action that advanced the story. Then they slowed down with filler that went no where and it's back to snoozeville. 

This is what I would have done:
1-3 same story for the most part.
4- Negan leads counter attack on Alexandria
5-Alexandria flees to Hilltop, strife with Maggie vs Gregory over letting them in. Negan works on seeing who in the inner circle is a spy
6- Negan comes up with his plan, Rick readies the defenses for the incoming attack. Slower episode
7- Negan attacks Alexandria again. Rick is shot by Dwight.  Eugene turns on the Saviors and escapes with Dr Carson. Everything is set up for the finale
8- Final show down. End of the episode teases the future and a new group.

Reply/Quote
I feel like the walking dead had turned into the season long equivalent of a procedural. The premiere and finales of the half seasons are usually decent, but the filler in between is usually the same ol same ol.

It's long been relegated to background noise while I mess around on the computer/play videogames, and I'm starting to think that just going to bed earlier on Sundays is a better option.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like the walking dead had turned into the season long equivalent of a procedural. The premiere and finales of the half seasons are usually decent, but the filler in between is usually the same ol same ol.

It's long been relegated to background noise while I mess around on the computer/play videogames, and I'm starting to think that just going to bed earlier on Sundays is a better option.

This is also how I treat the show nowadays. Just background while im on my phone/pc. 

I miss a lot during the episodes, but im not really missing anything. I get the main points. 
Reply/Quote
Reading this thread has become how I "watch" this show anymore.  I just can't get into it anymore.  Since I missed the whole Glenn and Abraham ordeal, I've been off the wagon.  And really......after reading a lot of these comments, am I really missing anything?  And now Carl dying.....sounds like they are dragging this out too.  Really? Whatever, i'll continue reading this thread until everyone stops posting in it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Reading this thread has become how I "watch" this show anymore.  I just can't get into it anymore.  Since I missed the whole Glenn and Abraham ordeal, I've been off the wagon.  And really......after reading a lot of these comments, am I really missing anything?  And now Carl dying.....sounds like they are dragging this out too.  Really? Whatever, i'll continue reading this thread until everyone stops posting in it.

This is how I've "watched" it too for the last 4 episodes. Read the reviews, read the comments here, read the comments online.

The entirety of the last 1.5 seasons could have been fit in 10 episodes.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I feel like the walking dead had turned into the season long equivalent of a procedural. The premiere and finales of the half seasons are usually decent, but the filler in between is usually the same ol same ol.

lol that's my bengals games now
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lol that's my bengals games now

Kudos to your brave soul.

The Bengals aren't even on my TV anymore. It's a sad day when the Bengals are less watchable than TWD LOL
Reply/Quote
I am just wondering what the end game for this show is. Is the comic over or is it still going? Just wondering how it wraps up so I can save some of my life.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am just wondering what the end game for this show is. Is the comic over or is it still going? Just wondering how it wraps up so I can save some of my life.

Seriously, How does Rick die? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am just wondering what the end game for this show is. Is the comic over or is it still going? Just wondering how it wraps up so I can save some of my life.

They are all already dead remember... They just walk around
Reply/Quote

The show will end with Rick waking up in the hospital from his coma, and everything will be normal. It was all just a bad dream... 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 04:29 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Seriously, How does Rick die? 

In the comics, I think he dies well before the series is over and Carl becomes the main protagonist. 

In the show, however, killing off Carl now means that Rick will be around until the last episode. Either the show ends with him dying or it ends with him older, leading a thriving community. 

Reply/Quote
"Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next three years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!"

-Chandler Rigg's dad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/11/theres-only-one-way-to-save-the-walking-dead-now-and-it-isnt-pretty/#5d193f722b0f

good read

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2017, 09:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: "Watching Gimple fire my son 2 weeks before his 18th birthday after telling him they wanted him for the next three years was disappointing. I never trusted Gimple or AMC but Chandler did. I know how much it hurt him. But we do absolutely know how lucky we have been to be a part of it all and appreciate all the love from fans all these years!"

-Chandler Rigg's dad

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2017/12/11/theres-only-one-way-to-save-the-walking-dead-now-and-it-isnt-pretty/#5d193f722b0f

good read

Thanks for the share. I havent been a fan of Gimple ever since he came around the show. On the talking dead he doesnt come across as a likable kinda guy, and very prickish or arrogant like. 

But the writer is correct. The show hasnt been the same for a few seasons now, and has progressively gotten worse. It started off with professionals writing and producing the show, and now has amateurs in charge it seems. Even my brother and mom, both diehard Dead fans, aren't fans of it this and last year. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote