Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
So it seems Rick's story is coming to an end. The actor obviously will leave.

To which I say, good. I thought the show was decent entertainment in spite of him, not because of him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 09:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: So it seems Rick's story is coming to an end. The actor obviously will leave.

To which I say, good. I thought the show was decent entertainment in spite of him, not because of him.

Maybe it’s because it’s tv, but the writers only seem to do well with developing each character one time. After that, they seem to keep developing the same character the same way. It’s like each character only has one defining trait and that’s it.

Got rick, they may as well kill him off, now that the only build up/break down they had for h is dead.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 07:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Maybe it’s because it’s tv, but the writers only seem to do well with developing each character one time. After that, they seem to keep developing the same character the same way. It’s like each character only has one defining trait and that’s it.

Got rick, they may as well kill him off, now that the only build up/break down they had for h is dead.

One of the themes of the show since like season 2 or 3 is having Rick and the show go in circles.

Now I am a fan of Andrew Lincoln playing the part, thought he done as a good of a job as he could. The writing and direction on the other hand...
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Maggie is also leaving the show, as her and Rick will both be phased out in season 9. Carl is dead. Morgan is off trying to save Fear TWD. Michone might be leaving, as her movie career might start to take off. So basically that leaves Darryl who is getting $20 million to be bump up to lead on the show.

I just dont see how this show survives, especially after season 8's ratings which were lowest since season 1.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Looks like morgan is there to take down Madison and crew...

Good... they all need to go. Morgan and the gunslinger will be a better show (if the gunslinger makes it)

Alicia has turned into what her mother was in the pervious seasons... Hopefully she catches a bullet too.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Alicia has turned into what her mother was in the pervious seasons... Hopefully she catches a bullet too.

But she's so pretty... Sad
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 12:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: But she's so pretty... Sad

still trying to figure out how everyone stays so clean with decent cloths...
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2018, 11:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Good...  they all need to go.  Morgan and the gunslinger will be a better show (if the gunslinger makes it)

Agreed.

And gay black dude is an interesting character as well.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 11:09 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Agreed.

And gay black dude is an interesting character as well.

Yeah I like his character....    he just needs to get away from Madison and crew..

its a weird angle they are taking this season.......  Lots and Lots of flashbacks.  I guess to fill in the gaps of whats been happening. (so they could get morgan on episode 1 of the season)  

But they are also giving us flashbacks of liars so who knows what actually happened.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 05:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah I like his character....    he just needs to get away from Madison and crew..

its a weird angle they are taking this season.......  Lots and Lots of flashbacks.  I guess to fill in the gaps of whats been happening. (so they could get morgan on episode 1 of the season)  

But they are also giving us flashbacks of liars so who knows what actually happened.

Yeah. It is interesting, if a little annoying. Still, an improvement over TWD this season, eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2018, 06:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah. It is interesting, if a little annoying. Still, an improvement over TWD this season, eh.

yeah flash forwards were real weird especially since they were impossible
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 09:38 PM)hollodero Wrote: So it seems Rick's story is coming to an end. The actor obviously will leave.

There are also rumors that (Andrew Lincoln)Rick is not leaving the show.  Could be false rumors spread to try to build up ratings. Like the Glen under the trash can BS.  Andrew Lincoln wanted some time off to be with family.  Episode 5 will show Rick trying to divert a huge horde and appear to be killed.

The helicopter that has been spotted here and there since season one may be how he escapes and comes back later.

Also there are suppose to be two time jumps. 12-18 months when the season begins and mid season 6-7 year jump.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 02:50 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: There are also rumors that (Andrew Lincoln)Rick is not leaving the show.  Could be false rumors spread to try to build up ratings. Like the Glen under the trash can BS.  Andrew Lincoln wanted some time off to be with family.  Episode 5 will show Rick trying to divert a huge horde and appear to be killed.

The helicopter that has been spotted here and there since season one may be how he escapes and comes back later.

Also there are suppose to be two time jumps. 12-18 months when the season begins and mid season 6-7 year jump.

I say we nuke the entire site from Orbit just to make sure.
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile the newest storyline in the comics is heating up.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-11-2018, 10:01 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Meanwhile the newest storyline in the comics is heating up.

With the time jumps you think they will merge the cast of the 2 shows to make up for the departures?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With the time jumps you think they will merge the cast of the 2 shows to make up for the departures?

I don't watch Fear but I've heard it's more popular. I can see that. There is a new group that joins them at the start of the comic time jump

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:48 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't watch Fear but I've heard it's more popular. I can see that. There is a new group that joins them at the start of the comic time jump

Fear has some much better fleshed out personalities I think.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 11:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Fear has some much better fleshed out personalities I think.

Yea my guess is they'd keep them separated. TWD is dying and FTWD is strong (from what I hear). No reason to put them on the downward path with TWD.

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2018, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: With the time jumps you think they will merge the cast of the 2 shows to make up for the departures?

(07-12-2018, 02:20 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea my guess is they'd keep them separated. TWD is dying and FTWD is strong (from what I hear). No reason to put them on the downward path with TWD.

My thinking was the opposite direction, I guess. I was wondering if they might not salvage some of the "newer" popular TWD characters (like Jesus) if TWD is only going to make it another season or so by having them merge into FTWD.
Reply/Quote
If the main characters of The Walking Dead are leaving except for Darryl, the writers may go in a different direction with Darryl as the lead character traveling the country looking for normality or whatever like the show Kung Fu or Supernatural.

If they go this route, the show won't make it and as I've said long ago, the show Jumped the Shark by constantly making Rick a whimp then hero then whimp the hero. There really isn't much more the show can do except end it by all communities joining together or killing everyone off.

As for Fear The Walking Dead, I could never get into that show. I watched the first season and found it boring but liked the drug addict kid. I watched part of last season and they killed him off so I'm pretty much done, lol.

I'm into Into the Badlands and Preacher though...both are good shows and really like Into The Badlands.
Reply/Quote