Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart Standards
A board members post about a cheap walmart tablet malfunctioning has jogged my memory about some walmart experiences.

1. Years ago when they first entered this area, I bought a short sleeved shirt from them.
   It felt " off " somehow, after wearing a couple of times I looked down at my arms and the sleeve on one arm was
   about 3 inches longer than the other side ( my arms are equal length ). It was not marked "irregular or second ".
2. I bought great value thick easy pour bleach - the bottle developed a leak and emptied onto the floor in the laundry
   room ( luckily a concrete floor )
3.great value steak sauce ( taste exactly like A1 to me ) bottle warped in fridge and leans to 11 oclock instead of
  straight up.
4.bought two clocks ( made in china ) with large numbers to be seen across room ( Timex and ? ) neither worked so
  returned both.
5. bought Murray fwd self propelled mower- only 140cc, stopped every few seconds and had no traction. Took me 3
   hours longer to cut grass due to many restarts and pushing fwd mower.Probably a poor decision on my part to buy that cheap Murray. ( Next week GOT A HONDA RWD that works great from Northern Tool ) )
6.In order to keep prices low Walmart has lower quality standards for some of their products like clothing.electronics,
  lawn equipment, etc.
7. 6 quart oil change container leaks due to cheap gasket

I really like GV spicy sausage patties, and GV gingerale , and choose them over any national brand

In retrospect I must be more diligent in product selection to avoid time and gas wasting return trips to wally world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My take = you got burned once...and went back 6 more times.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: My take = you got burned once...and went back 6 more times.

Must be addiction of some sorts.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:18 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: A board members post about a cheap walmart tablet malfunctioning has jogged my memory about some walmart experiences.

1. Years ago when they first entered this area, I bought a short sleeved shirt from them.
   It felt " off " somehow, after wearing a couple of times I looked down at my arms and the sleeve on one arm was
   about 3 inches longer than the other side ( my arms are equal length ). It was not marked "irregular or second ".
2. I bought great value thick easy pour bleach - the bottle developed a leak and emptied onto the floor in the laundry
3.great value steak sauce ( taste exactly like A1 to me ) bottle warped in fridge and leans to 11 oclock instead of
  straight up.
4.bought two clocks ( made in china ) with large numbers to be seen across room ( Timex and ? ) neither worked so
  returned both.
5. bought Murray fwd self propelled mower- only 140cc, stopped every few seconds and had no traction. Took me 3
   hours longer to cut grass due to many restarts and pushing fwd mower.Probably a poor decision on my part to buy that cheap Murray. ( Next week GOT A HONDA RWD that works great from Northern Tool ) )
6.In order to keep prices low Walmart has lower quality standards for some of their products like clothing.electronics,
  lawn equipment, etc.

I really like GV spicy sausage patties, and GV gingerale , and choose them over any national brand

In retrospect I must be more diligent in product selection to avoid time and gas wasting return trips to wally world.
You do realize that out side of the GV brands Walmart has no control over QC
Reply/Quote
my favorite WalMart story was the time I had a flat tire. I went there shopping, got my stuff and checked out. When ingot ti my car, I found out my tore was flat.

no big deal, they have a tire center. I went in, went to the back and told the guy I had a flat. It was a quarter till 6 p.m. For the next 15 minutes the guy leaves and comes back, asks me every question including my average mpg. Finally at 6 p.m. He points to the clock and says "hey, we close ay 6. I wish I could help you, but if you want it fixed you'll have to leave it overnight."
I bought a can of fix a flat and didn't shop there for two years. If it wasn't for online ship to store, I wouldn't buy anything there.
Reply/Quote
Walmart is better than a circus. You can see every freak of nature there, 24-7, with no cover charge,entry fee, etc. why ***** if the things you buy break? You get to be back at the circus free of charge again to exchange that high quality merchandise for an in-store credit to purchase more high quality stuff. I love the greeters who give you God blessed looks because they are too tired to be there and the the 2 cashiers working while the other 18 registers are closed, because they love you. Walmart is the place Americans travel 30 miles (well, maybe 5 because there's one in every city with a population more than 20 people) to get cheap stuff. They even have those green army men with the American flags (made in China) and tools made of chrome pot metal with a lifetime guarantee. They also have someone there to create a brand new haircut for you every time,despite what you request, because they are extremely good at what they do. Walmart is the American thing to do. So let's charge that ***** like the soldiers charged with weapons and flags in "the patriot" and save, save, save!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 11:56 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: You do realize that out side of the GV brands Walmart has no control over QC
Actually they do, Walmart has product specifications for stuff allowed to be sold in their stores.
Levi's brand jeans sold in WM are not made the same as jeans sold at Old Navy.TVs sold at WM have less features than those at Best Buy OR HHGreg.A famous high end brand of lawn mower opted not to sell their brand at WM anymore because WM wanted them to cut the mowers features to enable a lower price point ( snapper - I think ).
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 07:35 PM)Beaker Wrote: My take = you got burned once...and went back 6 more times.

They are convienient, only 8 miles from my place ( 1 stoplight )
Never had a problem returning anything.
I need food and supplies every week.
One stop shopping in a lot of cases , so not much running around from place to place.
Over thirty years, it's been more than 7 times Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 03:25 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: Actually they do, Walmart has product specifications for stuff allowed to be sold in their stores.
Levi's brand jeans sold in WM are not made the same as jeans sold at Old Navy.TVs sold at WM have less features than those at Best Buy OR HHGreg.A famous high end brand of lawn mower opted not to sell their brand at WM anymore because WM wanted them to cut the mowers features to enable a lower price point ( snapper - I think  ).

Features aren't the same as QC and Old Navy doesn't sell Levi's jeans so of course they are going to be different. 

Would you expect a Ford truck to be identical to a Chevy? Both are trucks and have similarities just like Old Navy and Levi's jeans are both pants. But you would expect a base package Ford Explorer to have the same QC standards as one with an Eddie Bauer package which has more options.
Reply/Quote
My worst story was being trapped in one during a tornado warning. Half the shoppers there were weather experts and the other half knew better how to run a tornado drill.

Plus they crammed us all in one small area and not everyone had bathed before coming to Walmart.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I just left a Walmart here in Aurora Ontario. its in a pretty high end hood which is kinda odd for a Walmart. the milf factor was through the roof at lunch time though....going back to school shopping I'm guessing.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 02:20 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: I just left a Walmart here in Aurora Ontario.  its in a pretty high end hood which is kinda odd for a Walmart.  the milf factor was through the roof at lunch time though....going back to school shopping I'm guessing.

We have 5 or 6 Walmarts here in DSM.  And I can only go to the new one in the high end residential neighborhood. Milf hunting at its finest.  Hilarious
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2016, 07:18 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: A board members post about a cheap walmart tablet malfunctioning has jogged my memory about some walmart experiences.

straight up.
  returned both.
  lawn equipment, etc.

Oh yeah. Well let me tell you what happened with the condom I bought from there....!!!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 03:00 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We have 5 or 6 Walmarts here in DSM.  And I can only go to the new one in the high end residential neighborhood. Milf hunting at its finest.  Hilarious

What's the one in Grimes like?
Reply/Quote
[Image: 9780446583688_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG]
(08-31-2016, 12:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: My worst story was being trapped in one during a tornado warning. Half the shoppers there were weather experts and the other half knew better how to run a tornado drill.

Plus they crammed us all in one small area and not everyone had bathed before coming to Walmart.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 01:22 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Oh yeah. Well let me tell you what happened with the condom I bought from there....!!!

It still leads a pointless existence in the drawer for unexpected incidents?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:12 PM)hollodero Wrote: It still leads a pointless existence in the drawer for unexpected incidents?

[Image: 14183746_1117809538305804_38163672991125...e=58861632]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:51 PM)Harmening Wrote: What's the one in Grimes like?

I haven't been to that one yet. I stay away from 141 if I can. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:35 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I haven't been to that one yet. I stay away from 141 if I can. 

Good choice...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:37 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: the 2 cashiers working while the other 18 registers are closed, because they love you. 

There are at least 30 lanes at my store and no more than 4 are ever open. I've worked at multiple retail stores and every one had a policy and plan in place if lines get too long. Walmart will let lines get 10 customers deep.

Then when they get new cashiers on, they'll just sit there and not ask the next person in line to come over. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a new register opens and someone in the back gets over. You're suppose to let the next person (who doesn't have their stuff on the belt) over. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote