Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WalterFootball Says Chase Is Impressing!
(06-05-2021, 09:02 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Well dang. I think I was legit confusing his weight with DeVonta Smith's. That's embarrassing. 

Oh THAT dude is scrawny...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Burrow and Chase are 2 very talented guys who can be generational if they avoid major injuries in my opinion. Burrow overall was very good prior to his injury in 2020 even though his deep passing was horrible (I think he gets back to being more accurate on passes over 40 yards in teh air sooner than later).

Chase has shown the potential to be a stud in college and is very young, but already has a man's body.

I am excited to watch the Burrow to Chase, Boyd and Higgins passing game in 2021. The OL is the huge intangible, if they can protect Joe and improve the running game, this offense can become elite quickly.

This below from an ESPN article comparing Green to Chase:

During that run with the Tigers that featured Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, Chase could be lined up as the traditional X receiver on the outside or moved inside to the slot. Chase was in the slot on almost 40% of his snaps in 2019 in his Biletnikoff Award-winning season.

That gives the Bengals a dynamic they lacked with Green. In his 10 years with the Bengals, Green lined up outside on 84.7% of his snaps, according to ESPN Stats and Information. Of his 9,430 career receiving yards, 81% of them came when he was positioned near the boundary.

Just like the Bengals will benefit from Chase’s usage, the rookie is looking forward to the extra space in the NFL. In college, inside and outside receivers were aligned closer to each other because the hash marks are closer to the sideline. Having the hash marks closer to the middle of the field will give Chase more operating space.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2021, 05:04 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I agree Taylor has to be do better but Burrow has the weapons to win  some games even with a below average coach.. other  very good to great QBs have done it.. Rodgers, Watson come to mind

True, think he can as well. I just don't like the thought of Burrow having to carry bad coaching.

We need good coaching to push us over the hump and get us our first Lombardi. I think we have a lot of the pieces and the team is
rounding together. We start winning in the trenches on both sides we will win a lot of games, especially if these weapons are healthy
and Burrow is playing the way he can.
Reply/Quote
I hope a year from now I'd rather have Chase , Boyd , Higgins over AJ Marvin Jones and Sanu or Chad TJ or Henry
Reply/Quote
I think there’s a decent chance Chase ends up being the top player in this draft. The qb throwing to him has a lot to do with that, but Chase is damn good.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think there’s a decent chance Chase ends up being the top player in this draft. The qb throwing to him has a lot to do with that, but Chase is damn good.

For sure, Ja'Marr has everything going for him. He doesn't look like a rookie out there at all. Back with his buds in Joe and big Ty
and Thaddeus. Boyd and Tee are giving him mad props already. Just hope he can stay healthy. Our recent first round picks just 
have been getting injured every frickin' year it seems.

Also, I might add that Jackson Carman has a chance at being the top OL player in this draft. Made for Guard right where we are
putting him so he can just engage and pancake like a sumbitch.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 03:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, Ja'Marr has everything going for him. He doesn't look like a rookie out there at all. Back with his buds in Joe and big Ty
and Thaddeus. Boyd and Tee are giving him mad props already. Just hope he can stay healthy. Our recent first round picks just 
have been getting injured every frickin' year it seems.

Also, I might add that Jackson Carman has a chance at being the top OL player in this draft. Made for Guard right where we are
putting him so he can just engage and pancake like a sumbitch.

I'm loving that entire paragraph, but especially the highlighted sentence, because this team is just excited to be playing together and is ready to go out and make plays on the football field.  They're all becoming friends, or building on their friendship, which will make play run that much smoother and more efficient, as well as just building an overall bond.

I'm also excited to see Jackson at guard because I think he'll bulldoze people and just help solidify our offense line because that's where it starts and Burrow will take us where we need to go if we just give him the time.
Reply/Quote
Yeah as it is becoming that over in the trying to gain and rebuild friendship, trust, and chemistry.
Happy Halloween
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 04:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm loving that entire paragraph, but especially the highlighted sentence, because this team is just excited to be playing together and is ready to go out and make plays on the football field.  They're all becoming friends, or building on their friendship, which will make play run that much smoother and more efficient, as well as just building an overall bond.

I'm also excited to see Jackson at guard because I think he'll bulldoze people and just help solidify our offense line because that's where it starts and Burrow will take us where we need to go if we just give him the time.

I just want to see that fire especially on Defense. Burfict had it and it seems Von has it, Bates has it. lets see that in our DL.

I think Logan Wilson could be the X-Factor for this D. He could be our leader besides the Safeties. 

Our LB's are young but Logan seems like an old soul.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 02:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: According to an email I got from WalterFootball.com, Ja'Marr Chase is impressing Taylor!

You also have to believe that having chemistry with Burrow is helping, but it's AMAZING NEWS that he's already clicking with the offense and picking things up!

The email notes how Chase has "speed, ball skills and a nose for the end zone," which gets me so excited because our offense will be VERY tough to stop with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, and then not to mention Mixon!  Defenses trying to stop those guys will also make our tight ends look stars being matched up one-on-one with linebackers and no safety help because they're either helping out on the outside or trying to stop Mixon!

If our line gives Burrow time, I think he and Chase could have a HUGE season!

I also love how he's impressing Taylor because hopefully Taylor is taking notes on how to exploit defenses with his talent!

(Mods, sorry if this should be in the OTA thread.)

While I'm sure Chase is impressing people and I sure hope he makes a huge difference.

But impressing Taylor is utterly meaningless. Ruined the whole article right there. Remember that Hart impressed Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 11:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: While I'm sure Chase is impressing people and I sure hope he makes a huge difference.

But impressing Taylor is utterly meaningless. Ruined the whole article right there. Remember that Hart impressed Taylor.

Sounds like Taylor ruined your life?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2021, 01:21 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Sounds like Taylor ruined your life?

Well, not my life, but look at the this team's record since he arrived.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2021, 11:41 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, not my life, but look at the this team's record since he arrived.

Ruins 3 and a half hours of your Sundays though... Huh?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2021, 09:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just want to see that fire especially on Defense. Burfict had it and it seems Von has it, Bates has it. lets see that in our DL.

I think Logan Wilson could be the X-Factor for this D. He could be our leader besides the Safeties. 

Our LB's are young but Logan seems like an old soul.

If everyone stays healthy, Reader, Ogunjobi, Daniels and Shelvin, and Hubbard and Hendrickson, are all players who seem driven to never take a play off. I think this D-line has potential to go from bad last year due to injury to game wreckers.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If everyone stays healthy, Reader, Ogunjobi, Daniels and Shelvin, and Hubbard and Hendrickson, are all players who seem driven to never take a play off. I think this D-line has potential to go from bad last year due to injury to game wreckers.

But PFF predicts they suck.  Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 09:38 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: But PFF predicts they suck.  Ninja

Haven't you heard, all our players suck and on any other team they would be 3rd rate players... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2021, 08:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If everyone stays healthy, Reader, Ogunjobi, Daniels and Shelvin, and Hubbard and Hendrickson, are all players who seem driven to never take a play off. I think this D-line has potential to go from bad last year due to injury to game wreckers.

Health is key no question. You just can't have rotational pieces manning the middle of your DL and play well, unless some guy just
comes from no where and plays great which doesn't happen often. By the time they are in the NFL most know what you are made
of. Don't leave out Ossai, Cam Sample and Wyatt Hubert out of this, I like all these guys.

Back on track, Chase I think pushes for ROTY this season. A Receiver couldn't be more pro ready and comfortable going into his 
rookie season.
Reply/Quote
Some one Else also Said Chase was impressing... Thats impressive or Expected of a 5th overall pick
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some one Else also Said Chase was impressing... Thats impressive or Expected of a 5th overall pick

But it's WalterFootball, not just some Bengals homer.  

Also, it's the offseason, and it's nice to have something to be excited about.

Furthermore, look at our history and it's nice to see a early pick looking like he'll be a star more than just playing like a first-round pick should be.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2021, 05:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But it's WalterFootball, not just some Bengals homer.  

Also, it's the offseason, and it's nice to have something to be excited about.

Furthermore, look at our history and it's nice to see a early pick looking like he'll be a star more than just playing like a first-round pick should be.

OTAs and non-contact practices with the team do nothing to show how good someone is going to be. At this point, it's all fluff.

I don't expect him to be anything less than great. Your 2nd sentence is ThumbsUp but, simply put, practice is no indicator. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote