Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walton cut
(04-06-2019, 09:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Unpopular opinion here, but I hope the kid gets his head on straight. His father was murdered when he was a young child, his mom died a couple of years ago, and he has a little girl I think to take care of. He has the potential talent to be on a roster, I don't doubt that at all. But obviously his 3 arrests this year and what they were for tells me that his 'home life' has interfered way too much into how he performs on the field, because he doesn't have the overwhelming talent to overcome it. Just my 2 cents.

I am with you Millhouse. How could anyone hope otherwise...
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 09:54 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Unpopular opinion here, but I hope the kid gets his head on straight. His father was murdered when he was a young child, his mom died a couple of years ago, and he has a little girl I think to take care of. He has the potential talent to be on a roster, I don't doubt that at all. But obviously his 3 arrests this year and what they were for tells me that his 'home life' has interfered way too much into how he performs on the field, because he doesn't have the overwhelming talent to overcome it. Just my 2 cents.

I don't know if that's an unpopular opinion. Who wants the guy to mess up his life? 

It's just a shame to see.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 04:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Good move, Bengals.  Get rid of the trash before it has a chance to really smell the place up.  He wasn't that good, anyway.

https://www.bengals.com/news/bengals-waive-mark-walton

It took three arrests for them to cut him. Glad it finally happened.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Taylor getting props on twitter for dropping this turd...doesn’t take a genius to cut a 3rd string running back after his 3rd arrest. New sheriff in town boys!! Lol
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, #3 RB's are a dime a dozen nowadayz and there are tons of good ones in the Draft.

A good one ought to fall to the 6th where we have 3 picks.

Agreed, Hopefully someone like Darwin Thompson
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 09:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agreed, #3 RB's are a dime a dozen nowadayz and there are tons of good ones in the Draft.

A good one ought to fall to the 6th where we have 3 picks.

We actually have 5 6th rd picks. Our own, 1 from Dallas, and 3 comp picks.

Reply/Quote
The guy is obviously in some kind of tailspin, and hasn't been able to pull out of it. I'm fine with cutting him, but I think it would be good if the Bengals would make a few calls to his home area, and see if they could prompt some local efforts to help him. He needs someone.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 05:30 PM)impactplaya Wrote: wheres the guys now that defended the Bengals. drafting of him now?

Malik Jefferson has been "the pick that could have been Orlando Brown" for me since that draft.  Walton was "the pick that could have been Shaquem Griffin".

I had mocked so many of the first few picks to us (Price, Bates, Hubbard) but things got blown off track starting with the Jefferson pick and was followed by the Walton pick. 

That being said, I believe the later picks of Harris and Phillips will have a chance to develop in to starters, which would be huge given the round they were selected.  I hope Auden Tate gets a better look from the new coaching staff.  He has some special talents...can they find a role for him?
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 08:04 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If he had run as hard in games as he did when the police were hitting him with a taser he'd still be in the league.

That’s the problem. He did run like he was being hit by a taser. LOL

Seriously though, great move by ZT.

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 09:35 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Good move on the Bengals part.

He'll look back on this 10 years from now and wonder how he was so stupid.
He can just go play in the AAF.  Oops...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 12:50 AM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Taylor getting props on twitter for dropping this turd...doesn’t take a genius to cut a 3rd string running back after his 3rd arrest. New sheriff in town boys!!  Lol

This is priceless.

Before he was released there were fans here ripping the team for not cutting him.

Now when they release him it is "Bengals made right decision.  Let's mock and laugh at them for doing it."
Reply/Quote
On a personal level I really do feel bad for the guy. His life has been filled with grief and despair.. I truly hope he gets his life together in or out of football. People really can lead meaningful lives without football and I hope he can become one of them. 
As for the Bengals...They made the right move cutting him. I hope he finds happiness somewhere along the way and can find a way to stay out of prison and without the law constantly on his back. Perhaps a  teammate(s) will step up and help him find his way in life.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: On a personal level I really do feel bad for the guy. His life has been filled with grief and despair.. I truly hope he gets his life together in or out of football. People really can lead meaningful lives without football and I hope he can become one of them. 
As for the Bengals...They made the right move cutting him. I hope he finds happiness somewhere along the way and can find a way to stay out of prison and without the law constantly on his back. Perhaps a  teammate(s) will step up and help him find his way in life.. 

No sympathy from me. For every one of him there are thousands more with the same difficult upbringing who would have taken the opportunity he had and made his life and his family's life better. To me that is the bottom line. Golden opportunity and he f*cked it up. I will save my sympathy for those who will never have such a great opportunity. Also remember that the NFL and the NFLPA provide a lot of counsel to rookies on how to adjust, how to act, how to manage money, etc etc. To mess all that up is not sad, it is pathetic. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 07:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Walton shouldn't of made the team last season, he was the worst RB on the roster in Preseason and everyone could see it.

Actually all we saw was a handful of plays against pre-season competition.  The coaches saw hundreds of reps in practice.  I remember when Cedric Peerman had a 80 yd run late in a preseason game and half the board was clamoring for him to be our starter.

Brian Hill did not do enough in preseason to make the active roster of any other team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We actually have 5 6th rd picks. Our own, 1 from Dallas, and 3 comp picks.

What? I have been looking at Mocks for quite awhile now and haven't seen one with 5 picks in the 6th...
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually all we saw was a handful of plays against pre-season competition.  The coaches saw hundreds of reps in practice.  I remember when Cedric Peerman had a 80 yd run late in a preseason game and half the board was clamoring for him to be our starter.

Brian Hill did not do enough in preseason to make the active roster of any other team in the league.

I guess i should of said pretty much everyone could see it lol
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What? I have been looking at Mocks for quite awhile now and haven't seen one with 5 picks in the 6th...

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/picks?round=6
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:41 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No sympathy from me. For every one of him there are thousands more with the same difficult upbringing who would have taken the opportunity he had and made his life and his family's life better. To me that is the bottom line. Golden opportunity and he f*cked it up. I will save my sympathy for those who will never have such a great opportunity. Also remember that the NFL and the NFLPA provide a lot of counsel to rookies on how to adjust, how to act, how to manage money, etc etc. To mess all that up is not sad, it is pathetic. 

I feel the same way... Matter of fact I'm gonna go saddle up my high horse, and go say hi to my parents. Then I'm gonna go yell at his.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 01:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I guess i should of said pretty much everyone could see it lol

Just like everyone saw Peerman should be our starter.

If Hill was good enough to make an NFL roster why did every team did every team disagree with you?
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2019, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like everyone saw Peerman should be our starter.

If Hill was good enough to make an NFL roster why did every team did every team disagree with you?

No, everyone did not see that, i didn't call for Peerman to be the starter. Are you saying that i was?

All i am saying is Hill was better than Walton last Preseason and it is the truth.

Walton was just plain terrible. Not saying Hill is a great player, just that he played better than Walton which is the truth.

You are just trying to start another stupid argument Fred. I just don't feel like it right now.
Reply/Quote