Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
War with Iran?
(09-16-2019, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: What we should do is wash our hands of that situation. Neither of those governments share our values. What we will do is probably a different story.

(09-16-2019, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We value cheap gas. 

I do know that Dill we be along shortly to explain how this is Israel's fault.  Or the US, but definitely one of the two if not both.
(09-16-2019, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What should we do if Iran is bombing Saudi Oil Fields?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-blames-iran-for-attack-on-saudi-oil-fields/ar-AAHh2yx?li=BBnb4R7

Personally I can see us and England retaliating. I think the EU (especially Germany) gets it's oil from Russia

Probably raise prices on arms sales to SA and demand they import US oil as part of any future arms deals.

You know what they say: kill an Iranian for SA and SA is safe for a day, but teach SA how to kill Iranians and they’re safe for a lifetime.

No military handouts.

As far as Pompeo’s unprecedented remark, Iraq’s attack on Kuwait’s oil fields pretty much makes it precedented.
(09-16-2019, 07:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What should we do if Iran is bombing Saudi Oil Fields?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-blames-iran-for-attack-on-saudi-oil-fields/ar-AAHh2yx?li=BBnb4R7

Personally I can see us and England retaliating. I think the EU (especially Germany) gets it's oil from Russia

(09-16-2019, 09:42 PM)jason Wrote: What we should do is wash our hands of that situation. Neither of those governments share our values. What we will do is probably a different story.

(09-17-2019, 12:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do know that Dill we be along shortly to explain how this is Israel's fault.  Or the US, but definitely one of the two if not both.

Let's ask the President what we should do!

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
[Image: 71153217_493413481236619_150281618651611...e=5E3CF4B0]
(09-17-2019, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Let's ask the President what we should do!

Mellow

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO  

Wait! . . . What will Trump do if SA DOES pay for a US attack Iran, risking US blood and treasure? Nervous Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Resign the original Iran Deal?  
(09-17-2019, 12:30 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I do know that Dill we be along shortly to explain how this is Israel's fault.  Or the US, but definitely one of the two if not both.

LOL  Dill always looks for blame first?  
(09-17-2019, 11:09 AM)Dill Wrote: LOL  Dill always looks for blame first?  

More accurately, Dill always looks to defend first.  Smirk
So oil has already dropped 7 percent today after a spike in Brent crude yesterday. Reports say in 2 or 3 weeks, the facilities hit will be back to near normal.
Waiting to "take our orders" from the King of Saudi Arabia... (sigh).

I thought this admin was about "making America great", eh.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(09-17-2019, 01:39 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Waiting to "take our orders" from the King of Saudi Arabia... (sigh).

I thought this admin was about "making America great", eh.

I'm no fan of Saudi Arabia, but they were the nation that was attacked.  If they choose not to respond we should honor that.

Suppose it is proven that Iran did deliberately attack SA, what do you think the response should be?
(09-17-2019, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm no fan of Saudi Arabia, but they were the nation that was attacked.  If they choose not to respond we should honor that.

Suppose it is proven that Iran did deliberately attack SA, what do you think the response should be?

What about the 100 000 civil casulaties since Saudi Arabia tried to invade Yemen in 2015 ?

100 000 dead people is absolutely OK but don't you dare put the fire on oil fields ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-17-2019, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm no fan of Saudi Arabia, but they were the nation that was attacked.  If they choose not to respond we should honor that.

I have to wonder if anything can be conclusively proven anymore (as in the vast majority of people believe the information given).

I think we have gone the wrong way with Iran, and that has opened the door for this to happen (whether they actually did do it  or not). I think we should be opening direct lines of communications with them rather shutting them down. We need to be doing that in a lot of places. Hardball diplomacy only goes so far when there there is no "carrot" of negotiations and workable solutions dangled in front of the other nation. Lack of that only breeds resentment and eventual reprisal.

Iran, the Saudis and Israel need to be brought to a table to resolve their issues. These are the three great powers in the region right now and I don't believe their differences are irreconcilable. Moreover, I think it is in our best national interest.
(09-17-2019, 02:52 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have to wonder if anything can be conclusively proven anymore (as in the vast majority of people believe the information given).

I think we have gone the wrong way with Iran, and that has opened the door for this to happen (whether they actually did do it  or not). I think we should be opening direct lines of communications with them rather shutting them down. We need to be doing that in a lot of places. Hardball diplomacy only goes so far when there there is no "carrot" of negotiations and workable solutions dangled in front of the other nation. Lack of that only breeds resentment and eventual reprisal.

Iran, the Saudis and Israel need to be brought to a table to resolve their issues. These are the three great powers in the region right now and I don't believe their differences are irreconcilable. Moreover, I think it is in our best national interest.

Almost like if we could have a deal in place with them, worked out over a period of time and including our allies, that would keep iran being watched and communication open?

That's a novel approach!

Sounds crazy, but then so does saying DJT was wrong about how to handle virtually every foreign policy move he has made since being elected.   Mellow
(09-17-2019, 08:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Let's ask the President what we should do!

Mellow

I saw the response by POTUS and it was not a War Mongering" as I've heard in the past. He actually said we don't want war. As to paying us: During Desert Storm it was rumored that King Fahd wanted to give each American Solider a pretty large reward. We turned him down; however, we did allow him to give us some shiny medals.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-17-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw the response by POTUS and it was not a War Mongering" as I've heard in the past. He actually said we don't want war. As to paying us: During Desert Storm it was rumored that King Fahd wanted to give each American Solider a pretty large reward. We turned him down; however, we did allow him to give us some shiny medals.  

Mellow
(09-17-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I saw the response by POTUS and it was not a War Mongering" as I've heard in the past. He actually said we don't want war. As to paying us: During Desert Storm it was rumored that King Fahd wanted to give each American Solider a pretty large reward. We turned him down; however, we did allow him to give us some shiny medals.  

I suspect this is the "post-Bolton" Trump. Perhaps truer to his real sentiments. For as much as I criticize him, I can respect this answer a bit more than some of his past responses to world events.
(09-17-2019, 03:57 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I suspect this is the "post-Bolton" Trump. Perhaps truer to his real sentiments. For as much as I criticize him, I can respect this answer a bit more than some of his past responses to world events.

Refreshing to hear in this forum.

(09-17-2019, 03:07 PM)GMDino Wrote:

Mellow
You have lost me.

I say we should go to war with Iran.

Take out Syria and Lebenon first then invade Iran.

Then maybe we can get China to start hostilities with India forcing Pakistan to invade India from the West which would cause Japan to call for intervention in China. Australia and the Philipines will invade China scaring Russia to move into Eastern Europe. The North African countries along with Jordan and yes, even Egypt will think its a good opartunity to rid the world of Israel and invade.

This is when it gets interesting.

Israel will use nuclear weapons against their enemies because the United States more or less turns their backs on Isreal since the US is mixed up with the bulk of their military in Europe protecting NATO.

Let's light this candle
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.