Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Was Joe Burrow Bungalized against the Steelers?
I'm not saying he is or isn't, but let's be honest here. You can't be abused like he has been since he got here and it not affect you. Reports are he just sat at his locker in half uniform staring straight ahead, not really talking to anyone and guys were showered and leaving and he was still sitting there..
Reply/Quote
I would say he was doing that based on his performance.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
After the SB run, if the Bengals thought they could just show up and win...that notion is gone.

This loss is good in that sense. I'd rather have it happen now, than against the Bills in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
Is he still sitting there? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Nah, he had an off day. He had one against Chicago too. Brady has thrown four INTs, Brees five, Peyton six!!!!! He just had a really bad game. He'll bounce back, hell he bounced part of the way back in the second half. 

Speculation here, but I bet he was staring at the locker because he feels like he let the team down, and because he feels like he lost the game. He's internalizing it, and compartmentalizing it. He will be resolved to not let it happen again. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
They were minus 5 in turnovers and if Higgins or Harris either one were not hurt we win that game. No one is Bungalized and that term should be banned from Jungle Noise.
Reply/Quote
Joey B had his guts literally removed, missed practice, and didn't get to do a lot of football-related activity prior to the start of the season. He stunk it up yesterday and I'm positive he's holding himself accountable.

I think I'm in the fandom minority because I'm not afraid to call "Bungles" when I see it, but yesterday wasn't the Bunglization of Joe where Bunglization is contextualized as the downward trajectory of his career like a David Klingler or Akili Smith from the '90s. He had an isolated bad game.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:14 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Joey B had his guts literally removed, missed practice, and didn't get to do a lot of football-related activity prior to the start of the season. He stunk it up yesterday and I'm positive he's holding himself accountable.

I think I'm in the fandom minority because I'm not afraid to call "Bungles" when I see it, but yesterday wasn't the Bunglization of Joe where Bunglization is contextualized as the downward trajectory of his career like a David Klingler or Akili Smith from the '90s. He had an isolated bad game.

Absolutely agree.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They were minus 5 in turnovers and if Higgins or Harris either one were not hurt we win that game. No one is Bungalized and that term should be banned from Jungle Noise.

Agreed. No actual fan of the team/franchise would use a word so stupid. Not to mention this thread never gets made if we make the XP or FG even though Burrow would have played equally as terrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After the SB run, if the Bengals thought they could just show up and win...that notion is gone.

This loss is good in that sense. I'd rather have it happen now, than against the Bills in the playoffs.

First….Please don’t use the term “BUNGLIZED”.  Hated it when other fans used the term “BUNGLE (anything)”.  Hate it even more when BENGALS fans say it.

Pistons…agree that the idea of resting your starters with no pre-season game experiences is now going to be a thing of the past.  I get what Taylor was doing….keeping the starters from getting hurt, but especially the OL needed to work together in a game to gel.

That’s behind us.

Still, we had the game won, more than once.  Burrow is full of GRIT and DETERMINATION.  Bad game?  Who cares.  Let’s go win it anyway.

Plus, it will be more fun to crush the Steelers in their house later on.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:20 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: First….Please don’t use the term “BUNGLIZED”.  Hated it when other fans used the term “BUNGLE (anything)”.  Hate it even more when BENGALS fans say it.

Pistons…agree that the idea of resting your starters with no pre-season game experiences is now going to be a thing of the past.  I get what Taylor was doing….keeping the starters from getting hurt, but especially the OL needed to work together in a game to gel.

That’s behind us.

Still, we had the game won, more than once.  Burrow is full of GRIT and DETERMINATION.  Bad game?  Who cares.  Let’s go win it anyway.

Plus, it will be more fun to crush the Steelers in their house later on.

Unfortunately, good teams find ways to win games. Bad teams find ways to lose games.

Not saying we're a bad team. We'll see how the season plays out. On that day, we were a bad team.
Reply/Quote
Aaron Rodgers has laid eggs in the last two opening day games including his MVP year.

We all need to R-E-L-A-X.
Reply/Quote
Joe is just so pissed off that he played so poorly against a BAD team.  I can't stress that enough.  Pittsburgh is terrible.  They couldn't run or pass the ball and the defense that had 5 turnovers and 7 sacks wasn't that great in my opinion.  They kept bringing up the Steelers "creativity" on offense because they couldn't find anything good to say about them.

Burrow held the ball to long in some instances and I don't think he saw the field real well yesterday.  

Shave off 2 turnovers and we likely win by at least 10.  Can't cry about it too long, the Cowboys are looking to rebound as well at home.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
He had a bad game. He'll be better
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: After the SB run, if the Bengals thought they could just show up and win...that notion is gone.

And I'm of the opinion that's a large part of what happened.

Hopefully this is a good thing and they've learned their lesson.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:27 AM)Au165 Wrote: Aaron Rodgers has laid eggs in the last two opening day games including his MVP year.

We all need to R-E-L-A-X.

Well, I wouldn't tell people to hit the panic button, but we are in the AFC and lost to an AFC opponent.  Aaron Rodgers has played his entire career in a division with the Bears, the Lions, and the Vikings...the Packers have won that division even in years where he himself missed almost half the season.

If Rodgers took that rumored trade to the Broncos and laid an egg in week 1 in the AFC and in the AFC West no less, I bet there would be far less reason to R E L A X.  Much like Patriots-era Brady, he's good no doubt, but he's also in a spot where he has a lot more leeway than we do.  Tough luck for us, I guess.

BUt yes, Burrow will be much better and we're in a bit of a good spot since the Steelers are in flux and already lost Watt and Harris, the Browns can scrape by but will be playing a backup and a rusty sex offender who has to get rubbed down by dudes all year at QB, and the Ravens...well, we need to beat them to play it safe. I guess we picked a better than usual year to lay an egg in week one, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Unfortunately, good teams find ways to win games. Bad teams find ways to lose games.

Not saying we're a bad team. We'll see how the season plays out. On that day, we were a bad team.

And they found ways to win this game. I won't let losing your long snapper and having the best young kicker in the NFL in years dictate whether this is a good/great team nor should anyone else.
Reply/Quote
What is this thread? Just delete this shit please.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:44 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Joe is just so pissed off that he played so poorly against a BAD team.  I can't stress that enough.  Pittsburgh is terrible.  They couldn't run or pass the ball and the defense that had 5 turnovers and 7 sacks wasn't that great in my opinion.  They kept bringing up the Steelers "creativity" on offense because they couldn't find anything good to say about them.

Burrow held the ball to long in some instances and I don't think he saw the field real well yesterday.  

Shave off 2 turnovers and we likely win by at least 10.  Can't cry about it too long, the Cowboys are looking to rebound as well at home.

No, they are a bad offense. Pittsburgh was a playoff team last year almost entirely due to their defense. Led by the 3 All Pros (Watt, Heyward, and Fitzpatrick) that completely wrecked that game yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No, they are a bad offense. Pittsburgh was a playoff team last year almost entirely due to their defense. Led by the 3 All Pros (Watt, Heyward, and Fitzpatrick) that completely wrecked that game yesterday.

Definitely. We should've whacked the Steelers but their defence is (as per usual) no joke. One of the best we'll face.

Our QB sitting in the locker room mulling over a shocking performance is a good thing imo. Definitely have faith he's processing it correctly and will correct.
Reply/Quote