Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Was Joe Burrow Bungalized against the Steelers?
(09-12-2022, 09:24 PM)Tony Wrote: I been here since 1988, and watched every game. Even the shitty 90s..

That doesn’t necessarily make you a “good” fan. Just don’t be like the clowns in Dallas yesterday that were booing Dak and throwing things at him on his way to the tunnel.

Using the term “Bungles” is obviously not nearly as bad, but it’s still toxic.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well they could be saying things about us too , like oline still bad, Burrow is a sack machine, 0-1 in division is never a good start...

I've been told Burrow is a machine in the sack, actually.
Reply/Quote
Did someone say sack machine?

[Image: P1Ykw.gif]

Oh wait, different machine…

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well they could be saying things about us too , like oline still bad, Burrow is a sack machine, 0-1 in division is never a good start...

0-1 in the division doesn’t mean anything than 0-1. If we finish 5-1 in the division will the 0-1 mean anything?
Reply/Quote
Maybe Burrow was considering retirement.He’s already made loads of money,and invested a large portion of it.
Can’t say I’d blame him.This poor guy has been beat to pulp since he’s been here.7 sacks,and I don’t re-call how many QB hits,but it was quite a few.If I had Heyward an Watt coming at me like a runaway train every time I turned around I think I’d be getting a little nervous.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: They were minus 5 in turnovers and if Higgins or Harris either one were not hurt we win that game. No one is Bungalized and that term should be banned from Jungle Noise.

Exactly.  Anyone using that term in any form should be instantly, permanently banned.  Ban

That term should be completely and permanently erased from the Bengal fan lexicon.  Confidence and attitude are part of what creates a team identity and anyone who helps propagate that kind of loser attitude is an enemy of Bengaldom. Rant

We've seen enough of Joe Burrow to know that he wasn't moping in the locker room.  More likely he was playing all of those mistakes over in his head, thinking about how to fix them.   

This is what I love about Joe Burrow.  It's like having Tim Krumrie at quarterback.  He's not perfect but he's got all the the skills and he's absolutely never going to stop giving it everything he has.
Reply/Quote
You know what I needed to see after the first 3.5 quarters of horrible offensive play?

Burrow, ice in his veins, taking the team down the field to win the game. We've always got a shot with that guy.

Now, if we could have carried 2 long snappers, we win that game, but it is what it is.
Reply/Quote
Zac is 1-26 when trailing after 3 quarters...
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:13 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: You know what I needed to see after the first 3.5 quarters of horrible offensive play?

Burrow, ice in his veins, taking the team down the field to win the game.  We've always got a shot with that guy.

Now, if we could have carried 2 long snappers, we win that game, but it is what it is.

You meant to say defense right? Because that's the only reason we had a shot. 
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:14 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac is 1-26 when trailing after 3 quarters...

That's a bit hard to square with the warm fuzzy swaggers we get knowing we are never out of a game with Burrow.  Ah well, all we have to do is beat Cooper Rush and the crappy Jets and we're 2-1 and on our way back to the top.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:38 PM)Tony Wrote: You guys are all missing the point. Burrow is being Andrew Lucked... You can't take the amount of abuse he has the last 3 years and it not take a toll.. That's 1 way he's being Bungalized, if he is. Shitty coaching, and an even worse Oline..

No, we aren't missing the point. It's a long season and we are not going to piss our pants after the first game.
Reply/Quote
Don't say "Bungalized". Use "Bengalized" instead.

I was feeling kinda seasick
The crowd called out for more
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wink
That doesn’t necessarily make you a “good” fan. Just don’t be like the clowns in Dallas yesterday that were booing Dak and throwing things at him on his way to the tunnel.

Using the term “Bungles” is obviously not nearly as bad, but it’s still toxic.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:24 PM)Tony Wrote: I been here since 1988, and watched every game. Even the shitty 90s..

Then, you should know better than to use the term "bungle-anything"!
Reply/Quote
I knew this board would look ugly, but my goodness what is this thread?
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 12:12 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I knew this board would look ugly, but my goodness what is this thread?

Pretty typical after any loss, really.

After a while you just learn to shake your head at the doom and gloom and wait for the next game.
Reply/Quote