Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Whit on Quaaludes?
..when he tried to get the encroachment call? Not sure if anybody else found humor in it, but dude from Baltimore jumps offsides, has a smoke, returns back to his side of the LOS, gets back in his stance; then Whit makes the "He made me move gesture".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..when he tried to get the encroachment call? Not sure if anybody else found humor in it, but dude from Baltimore jumps offsides, has a smoke, returns back to his side of the LOS, gets back in his stance; then Whit makes the "He made me move gesture".

Quaaludes?  You must be close to 60??  Those things were banned in the early 80s.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Quaaludes?  You must be close to 60??  Those things were banned in the early 80s.

Or he just watched The Wolf of Wall Street.
Reply/Quote
Definitely off topic, but I've always wanted to try qualudes. Not really sure why exactly, but I feel like they're not terribly dangerous, and would pair well with the devil's lettuce. A couple of those, a few tokes, a movie like Wedding Crashers or Waiting, and that's probably not a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon. Having said all of this, I'm not even sure what they did exactly. But I'm assuming it was similar to a valium or xanex. As I'm writing all of the random thoughts it's occurring to me that I might be coming off like Hunter S Thompson. I'm really not. It just one of those thing I feel I missed out on. Johnny Carson's prime, Wilt Chamberlin, qualudes... You get the point.

Oh yeah, the biggest reason. I've always wished I could ask someone "Got any ludes, man?" But say ludes and man real drawn out like. Got any luuuuuuuudesss, mannnnn? That would have been fun.

I'm just going to stop now.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 12:56 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Quaaludes?  You must be close to 60??  Those things were banned in the early 80s.

Nuttin wrong with being close to 60. Growing old beats the alternative. But whatever it was Whit's reactions were slower than dial up internet. 

Reply/Quote
Ah methaqualone #714 !

The good old days. One question though

Lemmon or Rorer ?

Stay away from the bathtub Ludes by breaking it down the center line.

Clean break you are good, crooked it is bootleg.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Last time doing one was at the Van Halen / Black Sabbath on Ozzie Osbournes farewell tour with Sabbath at Cincinnati in 1978.

Yep I am an old man, 53.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Last time doing one was at the Van Halen / Black Sabbath on Ozzie Osbournes farewell tour with Sabbath at  Cincinnati in 1978.

Yep I am an old man, 53.

Holy shat!!! Now that sounds like just about the coolest thing ever.  Van Halen in '78 must have been an experience. What a freaking pairing that is.

70's

-"Whatcha do last weekend?"
-"I saw Sabbath and Valen on ludes. No big deal, right?"

2010's

-"Wat u do lst wknd?"
""I saw Arcade Fire and The Fleet Foxes. I drank a chocolate rasberry craft bew and had some watermelon vape. Afterwards we sniffed wine glasses and talked about Bernie Sanders, safe spaces and the comedic genius of Amy Schumer. It was a splendid evening"

Kids today are a bunch of ***** that really could really use a Sabbath/VH to loosen them up. 

Alright, enough kidding.  Wink (I'm not kidding. Shhh)
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:29 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Holy shat!!! Now that sounds like just about the coolest thing ever.  Van Halen in '78 must have been an experience. What a freaking pairing that is.

70's

-"Whatcha do last weekend?"
-"I saw Sabbath and Valen on ludes. No big deal, right?"

2010's

-"Wat u do lst wknd?"
""I saw Arcade Fire and The Fleet Foxes. I drank a chocolate rasberry craft bew and had some watermelon vape. Afterwards we sniffed wine glasses and talked about Bernie Sanders, safe spaces and the comedic genius of Amy Schumer. It was a splendid evening"

Kids today are a bunch of ***** that really could really use a Sabbath/VH to loosen them up. 

Alright, enough kidding.  Wink (I'm not kidding. Shhh)

It was Van Halens first tour and they only had the one album out which was great, and Sabbaths last with Ozzie. 

Great show. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 01:54 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nuttin wrong with being close to 60. Growing old beats the alternative. But whatever it was Whit's reactions were slower than dial up internet. 

Nothing wrong with being 63 which is where I am at.  I remember getting out of the Air Force in 1975, going back to Dayton and hearing nothing but the word quaaludes.

Only by the grace of God did I not end up killing myself or someone else all the times I drove high on them from 1975 to 1980!!

I was young and stupid and just like all the drugs from the past, I don't remember most of that era, but I was told I had a good time!!  Again, kind of pointless if you have no memory of any of it!!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 11:06 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Nothing wrong with being 63 which is where I am at.  I remember getting out of the Air Force in 1975, going back to Dayton and hearing nothing but the word quaaludes.

Only by the grace of God did I not end up killing myself or someone else all the times I drove high on them from 1975 to 1980!!

I was young and stupid and just like all the drugs from the past, I don't remember most of that era, but I was told I had a good time!!  Again, kind of pointless if you have no memory of any of it!!  Wink

Hell we all were. I remember being in my car and the odometer was at 49999. My friend and I wanted to watch if flip to 50000, but we knew we were tripping, so we pulled to the side of the road to watch it roll over.

I think about 2 hours later one of us realized the car had to be moving for the odometer to roll.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Ah methaqualone #714 !

The good old days. One question though

Lemmon or Rorer ?

Stay away from the bathtub Ludes by breaking it down the center line.

Clean break you are good, crooked it is bootleg.

Orange AS (Anar-Stone), hands down my friend  Cool 300mg of life in the smile lane ..... Rorer for the white 714's
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
I don't understand any of this!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It was Van Halens first tour and they only had the one album out which was great, and Sabbaths last with Ozzie. 

Great show. 
Little did you know that Ronnie James Dio's masterpiece Heaven and Hell would soon be upon you....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I don't understand any of this!

Unten Glieben Glouten Globen
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Unten Glieben Glouten Globen

What the H!!!!  LOL Now I do know what that is in reference 2.  
Reply/Quote
Good ol ludes......gone way too soon.  Like you Wes.....I always wanted to try 'em, just a skoche before my time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:39 AM)Go Cards Wrote: It was Van Halens first tour and they only had the one album out which was great, and Sabbaths last with Ozzie. 

Great show. 

Saw them (Sabbath and Ozzie) a couple times during Ozzfest. I'm sure it wasn't as good as the 70s, but hands down one of my favorite shows. They opened with Paranoid, was awesome.

As far as the rest of the thread, I don't know what the hell anyone is talking about, so... carry on.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 03:01 PM)jason Wrote: Little did you know that Ronnie James Dio's masterpiece Heaven and Hell would soon be upon you....

Saw them & Blue Oyster Cult at Riverfront while doing Orange Sunshine. Left there freaked plum out. Rock On Had a flat tire on the singing bridge & didn't realize it till we hit Kentucky. Lucky we didn't kill ourselves or someone else.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2016, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I don't understand any of this!

You pretty much had to live thru it.
Reply/Quote