Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bullock and Charger Game
(10-18-2020, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While you're fingering the blame on individuals, don't forget the WRs for dropping so many passes that hit them in the hands, or the OL for not continuing to block like they did in the 1st half, etc.

It was a team loss, no need for the OP to make a thread about putting the blame on fat Randy.  He is who he is, and generally he's pretty good.

Except when it matters. It was a team loss, you are right, I think Randy Bullock is a microcosm of this team. Does enough to keeps things close, can't compete when it counts. 
Reply/Quote
Fat Randy didn’t blow a 21 point lead.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While you're fingering the blame on individuals, don't forget the WRs for dropping so many passes that hit them in the hands, or the OL for not continuing to block like they did in the 1st half, etc.

It was a team loss, no need for the OP to make a thread about putting the blame on fat Randy.  He is who he is, and generally he's pretty good.

I stated this in the OP

"
I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner."

But hey Sunset just ignore that part
Every game has goats in a loss, some go from hero to goat, it is the nature of the beast, But, look above, I stated it and a bunch of you want ignore it was said,

I also pointed out some good efforts in the OP, all forgotten by the butt hurt
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bullock the choker.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I stated this in the OP

"
I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner."

But hey Sunset just ignore that part
Every game has goats in a loss, some go from hero to goat, it is the nature of the beast, But, look above, I stated it and a bunch of you want ignore it was said,

I also pointed out some good efforts in the OP, all forgotten by the butt hurt

If you weren't trying to finger one person, a kicker least of all, why present the thread title in the manner you chose?

The team lost.  Randy did not lose the game.  It's not "pin the tail on the donkey", all parts of the team deserve equal culpability.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
As usual, the Bungles can’t put anyone away. We need to play a team that self destructs, just to give us a chance. They should have beat San Diego, Philly and indy today. All goes back to killer instinct, and keep piling it in on, instead of letting the other team stick around.
Reply/Quote
When you get outscored 31-6 after taking a 21-0 lead, there's plenty of blame to go around. Like the rest of the team, Bullock started strong, then fell on his face.

Familiar story in Bengal-land.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Funny the unit that played the best today Oline usually plays the worst..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 09:48 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny the unit that played the best today Oline usually plays the worst..

I watched the game.  The OL went downhill after the first quarter.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I watched the game.  The OL went downhill after the first quarter.

The whole team went downhill, but the unit played better especially from before.. no one played their top game ..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know Randy has made all extra points and has great overall stats. But hear me out. We have played 6 games and 2 games we had a great chance to win, Randy missed kicks. Today, if he hits a 40 yard FG, we don't need a TD last drive, we need a FG. Against Chargers, he missed easy FG to tie game and put us in OT.

I know lots of other plays left on the field too in these games, but is Randy just a kicker and not a winner. His history has been very mediocre in clutch situations, horrible in 2020 and average prior years.

Tough loss today, but overall the OL was better today. Burrow played well, should have had 2 picks today as LB dropped an easy one, but Mixon should have caught the pass in the endzone. We got the TD. but Joe did not as we ran it in.

I am critical of Joe at times, but in time these losses become wins as we build around him. Also great to see AJ back today and Higgins gets better every game.

Fat Randy is the most accurate kicker in Bengal history, and he has lost two games this year.  I swear that he must be in deep to some mafia guys and he is throwing games.  

Judging by the game plan I just witnessed by this coaching staff  Sick, I am convinced they are trying to lose out and get the #1 overall pick and get a bounty of picks for it.  Not a bad plan, but I hope if this happens, they bring in new coaches with the new players.  And I think the Jets are dead set on getting Lawrence.  The Giants are 1=4 but are only 1 game out of first in their pathetic division.  The Falcons made a statement about how much they hated Quinn.  Jax can score but has no defense.  Even the pathetic Broncos got a win (against the Pats).  I see the Bengals likely picking around #5.  Hope there are teams that really want to trade up or they simply get a can't miss prospect that can help solve some of the offensive and defensive line problems.  

I must say, it is downright awesome to be talking about the draft six weeks in to the season.  You have to give it to this coaching staff.  At least they are consistent.  It is just like last year!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I watched the game.  The OL went downhill after the first quarter.

The best offensive lines adjust blocking schemes during the game and elite offensive lines adjust blocking schemes within each offensive possession.  Yesterday the Cincinnati offensive line used zone blocking in the first quarter and the Colts adjusted to it by the second quarter.  Jim Turner certainly knows this, right?  Wrong!  The Bengals kept zone blocking all game which is why the run game got worse as the game progressed.

If you watch the Steelers or the pre-2020 Patriots you'll see offensive line play as it should be.  Let's say Pittsburgh chooses run plays on first, second, and third down; I guarantee there will be three completely different blocking schemes run on each play.  On first down the Steelers might zone block, directional block on second down, then pull a guard and a tackle on third down.  The defensive line and linebackers don't know what's coming and they become reactive, not proactive.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 07:19 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Randy probably would have missed a game winner anyway. Its who he is 

This is total bullshit.

As a Bengal Bullock is 5-7 on FGs in the final 2 minutes of the fourth quarter and one of the two misses was due to a cramp.  Overall he is 29-34 in the 4th quarter.

He is 15-16 in the final 2 minutes of the first half with his only miss from 53 yards.

He has hit multiple clutch kicks in the 4th quarter including

-Game winning 44 yd FG against Tampa Bay in 2018 with no time left on the clock.

-2018 he tied the game against the Steelers with a FG with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

-2018 he hit a go ahead FG against the Dolphins with 3 minutes left.

-51 yd FG to give us a 2 point lead over the Lions in 2017 with less than 5 minutes left in the game.

-2019 43 yard FG with less than five minutes left to give us the lead against the Bills.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2020, 06:54 PM)Housh Wrote:  If i make a hard shot then miss an easy one when the pressure is on that means i choked

A 48 yard FG is not "easy".

Last year kickers hit 59% of their kicks from 48 or longer.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2020, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A 48 yard FG is not "easy".

Last year kickers hit 59% of their kicks from 48 or longer.

48 or longer

What was the % at 48 yards exactly?
-Housh
Reply/Quote