Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch for this from Pig Ben
No, not another rape-and-pay scandal...

The steelers love to go deep on 3rd and 1, and even 4th and 1. This is how piggy gets a lot of his big plays. Be ready for it, Paulie.

Honestly, I like the play and wish the Bengals would do it more often. I loved the reverse early against Cleveland that caught them in major over-pursuit. I think Boyd scores if Lafell doesn't whiff on his block.

Regardless, I hope this is a "pull out all stops" and conservative Marv gets put on the shelf for a week. Our fans really deserve this game and the steelers fans deserve to freeze their asses off and go home disappointed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin doesn't seem to like beating Pittsburgh. I can't remember the last time we beat them by anything more than one score, even during their "mediocre" years... Well before Marv, that's for sure. He's a Pittsburgh native, grew up a steelers fan... You have to wonder if Marv hold back against them (be it subconsciously or intentionally)
Reply/Quote
Marv ball does not work against the Steelers.

Steelers play flat out the entire game. Bengals play like they are afraid to lose.

No other NFL team would keep a coach with as poor a record against main rival as Marv's record against Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 12:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, not another rape-and-pay scandal...

The steelers love to go deep on 3rd and 1, and even 4th and 1.  This is how piggy gets a lot of his big plays.  Be ready for it, Paulie.  

Honestly, I like the play and wish the Bengals would do it more often.  I loved the reverse early against Cleveland that caught them in major over-pursuit.  I think Boyd scores if Lafell doesn't whiff on his block.

Regardless, I hope this is a "pull out all stops" and conservative Marv gets put on the shelf for a week.  Our fans really deserve this game and the steelers fans deserve to freeze their asses off and go home disappointed.

True, need to play aggressive. This is the problem with this Offense, they play not to lose.

If we played like the Stoolers do we would not be in this situation. We have better players than they do.

I still think we can win this game because i think our Defense will come to play but Marv always makes it hard on them
with his conservative approach on Offense. We have some damn good players on O, just would like to see them used
properly.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 12:35 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, not another rape-and-pay scandal...

The steelers love to go deep on 3rd and 1, and even 4th and 1.  This is how piggy gets a lot of his big plays.  Be ready for it, Paulie.  

Honestly, I like the play and wish the Bengals would do it more often.  I loved the reverse early against Cleveland that caught them in major over-pursuit.  I think Boyd scores if Lafell doesn't whiff on his block.

Regardless, I hope this is a "pull out all stops" and conservative Marv gets put on the shelf for a week.  Our fans really deserve this game and the steelers fans deserve to freeze their asses off and go home disappointed.

Hope so as well but seems Marvin is not a throw everything and the kitchen sink at an opponent  type coach for some odd reason. 

Think he has never really felt threatened of his job disappearing. 

This needs to change Sunday. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have absolutely nothing to lose this weekend. They should be the ones playing all out and loose. Go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 40. Fake punt. Several gadget plays, etc. Seriously, teams that play against those that have nothing to lose and go off the playbook tend to have difficulty. Remember all of those years the Bengals would be 0-8 or 2-10, etc? They started to win when they had nothing to lose. Why not now?
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 02:00 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Bengals have absolutely nothing to lose this weekend. They should be the ones playing all out and loose. Go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 40. Fake punt. Several gadget plays, etc. Seriously, teams that play against those that have nothing to lose and go off the playbook tend to have difficulty. Remember all of those years the Bengals would be 0-8 or 2-10, etc? They started to win when they had nothing to lose. Why not now?

So true.

This is not a coincidence either. Makes sense when you have a coach that plays not to lose.

When we had nothing to lose we win.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 02:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true.

This is not a coincidence either. Makes sense when you have a coach that plays not to lose.

When we had nothing to lose we win.

I hated when he quoted Jim Tressel about a punt being a good play....He had a NFL defense in college and could afford to do that, but the NFL is different.  Play not to lose (Marv, John Fox, Jeff Fisher, etc) and that is exactly what happens against good competition.  They simply won't make mistakes on their own, you have to attack them. 

Agreed with so many of the opinions on this thread about No Balls Marv...

I will add that it seems to me that he would get more out of his players if they attacked more.  Who likes playing conservative and gutless?  No great athlete I have ever known...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, need to play aggressive. This is the problem with this Offense, they play not to lose.

If we played like the Stoolers do we would not be in this situation. We have better players than they do.

I still think we can win this game because i think our Defense will come to play but Marv always makes it hard on them
with his conservative approach on Offense. We have some damn good players on O, just would like to see them used
properly.
Let's hope Dalton says, "I am still pissed about the last 2 Stoolers games. Damn this conservative ML crap. I am going to take control and calls plays myself to win this game BIG."
DO IT DALTON!
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 12:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin doesn't seem to like beating Pittsburgh. I can't remember the last time we beat them by anything more than one score, even during their "mediocre" years... Well before Marv, that's for sure. He's a Pittsburgh native, grew up a steelers fan... You have to wonder if Marv hold back against them (be it subconsciously or intentionally)

This brings up an interesting question.  Who was the last or most successful coach that is a Cincy native?  Has there ever been a NFL head coach from Cincy?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 03:33 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hated when he quoted Jim Tressel about a punt being a good play....He had a NFL defense in college and could afford to do that, but the NFL is different.  Play not to lose (Marv, John Fox, Jeff Fisher, etc) and that is exactly what happens against good competition.  They simply won't make mistakes on their own, you have to attack them. 

Agreed with so many of the opinions on this thread about No Balls Marv...

I will add that it seems to me that he would get more out of his players if they attacked more.  Who likes playing conservative and gutless?  No great athlete I have ever known...

For sure, i know the players don't like it.

(12-15-2016, 03:46 PM)Derrick Wrote: Let's hope Dalton says, "I am still pissed about the last 2 Stoolers games. Damn this conservative ML crap. I am going to take control and calls plays myself to win this game BIG."
DO IT DALTON!

Yeah, that is what i am talkin about. Forget the coaches, stay aggressive. Dalton atleast has the pull to do this.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 12:40 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin doesn't seem to like beating Pittsburgh. I can't remember the last time we beat them by anything more than one score, even during their "mediocre" years... Well before Marv, that's for sure. He's a Pittsburgh native, grew up a steelers fan... You have to wonder if Marv hold back against them (be it subconsciously or intentionally)

Since Marv took over in 2003, we have exactly ONE victory over the Steelers by double digits. That was MNF back in 2013 when we won the game 20-10. We have lost, by double digits, 13 times to the Steelers since Marvin took over.

Another fun fact, Marvin has beaten the Steelers 8 times (as of 12/15/16) in 13 full seasons as head coach.

Sam Wyche has 10 wins in his 8 seasons as HC.

[Image: 6a00e550080ede8833013489707fab970c-800wi]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Since Marv took over in 2003, we have exactly ONE victory over the Steelers by double digits. That was MNF back in 2013 when we won the game 20-10. We have lost, by double digits, 13 times to the Steelers since Marvin took over.

Another fun fact, Marvin has beaten the Steelers 8 times (as of 12/15/16) in 13 full seasons as head coach.

Need a new HC terribly bad. Sick
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 02:00 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Bengals have absolutely nothing to lose this weekend. They should be the ones playing all out and loose. Go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 40. Fake punt. Several gadget plays, etc. 

I would love to be in the game day thread if Marvin were to actually try any of these things and they were to fail.  Especially in a close game where we actually had a shot to win otherwise.  Just imagining the reactions Smirk   
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 05:40 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Since Marv took over in 2003, we have exactly ONE victory over the Steelers by double digits. That was MNF back in 2013 when we won the game 20-10. We have lost, by double digits, 13 times to the Steelers since Marvin took over.

Heck, even the Forrest Gregg led Bengals would lay the smack down on them, when the opportunity arose.  There was never any "taking the foot off of the pedal", when the Bengals got the upper hand on the Steelers, they went for the jugular.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 03:53 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: This brings up an interesting question.  Who was the last or most successful coach that is a Cincy native?  Has there ever been a NFL head coach from Cincy?

Lots from Ohio, don't know of any from Cincy off the top of my head...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2016, 05:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Need a new HC terribly bad. Sick

Marvin is 2-13 against the Stoolers at PBS. Two and friggin thirteen !!! Most likely will be 2-14 soon

Can you imagine any team at any level tolerating a HC whom can't beat his rival at home ? Protect this house ? Ummmmmm
Reply/Quote

For a winning program, like say the Buckeyes, losing against one's arch rival more than a few games is grounds for dismissal just on that fact alone. You could be God, but if you lose to your nemesis you're feeling the heat.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:48 AM)BengalChris Wrote: For a winning program, like say the Buckeyes, losing against one's arch rival more than a few games is grounds for dismissal just on that fact alone. You could be God, but if you lose to your nemesis you're feeling the heat.

That's the problem imo. The Bengals and Steelers are so interested in downplaying the rivalry saying its not a rivalry it's the Steelers ravens yada yada yada when every fan of the 2 teams and everyone in America can easily see its the biggest rivalry. They need to do it like the biggest rivalry in sports osu Michigan they play it up all week it's Michigan week it's osu week. The Columbus police go and cross off every letter m in all the signs on campus. Some people even plants sings in opposing coaches yard. Not saying to that extent but if u play it up like the rivalry it is, the players play their hearts out trying to win.  They won't give up bc this is the game. That is the kind of mentality the Bengals should have imo when they play the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 01:48 AM)BengalChris Wrote: For a winning program, like say the Buckeyes, losing against one's arch rival more than a few games is grounds for dismissal just on that fact alone. You could be God, but if you lose to your nemesis you're feeling the heat.

Yeah, FSU even pushed Ol' Saint Bobby out the door towards the end.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote